A defining moment for you.

Re: A defining moment for you.

Postby Posh » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:08 pm

bigreddog wrote:THE defining moment for me watching Morecambe was boxing day 2006. We'd been a bit up and down form wise, and had been skipping in and out of the play off places. We went to Southport that day in hope more than expectation, and were 1-0 down at half time and a man down due to Perks being sent off. It was all going a bit pear shaped to be honest.

It will, for me, be a game that lives long in the memory. Not for the result, but for the seeds that it planted for future success.

Good shout!

Southport were in 4th place and we were mid-table. Carl Baker was running the game and we were creating nothing. Second half we managed to get forward and Jim Bentley knocked it back into play from at least six feet over the touchline and we scored. Should never have been allowed. Southport missed a sitter then Yatesy broke and, in my view, went to cross and it sneaked in at the far post. We made the playoffs and got promoted, Southport got relegated and haven't recovered.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Re: A defining moment for you.

Postby Curly » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:07 am

Last week when Jack shared a fistful of 10p whips with everyone around him,
The dark clouds partially parted, it stopped raining, a bright light shone on to Barry Roaches
shirt and he turned to the crowd and looked up at just me, smiling and told me we would
win the league without making any sound.
If thats not a defining moment, then it might not be.

P.S. Don't forget to leave a mince pie out for Jesus on the 25th ;)
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Previous

Return to General Discussion