12 months on..

12 months on..

Postby CASS » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:35 pm

About this time last year we sat looking at a gap to our left. Bit of a transformation!!
Good looking stand,aimed by design at the "Prawn sanger gang".
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Re: 12 months on..

Postby Crooky MFC » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:08 pm

Yes, a really nice ground. Wouldn't mind facing them again in one of the cup competitions this season :)
Crooky MFC

Postby Harry » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:41 pm

Nice that they've changed the style of that stand to make the stadium less one-dimensional and faceless like many new/rebuilt stadia
Harry

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:39 pm

looks good
heysham_mfc

Postby BHmfc » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:46 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:looks good

Not a patch on MK Dons new stadium. Deepdale is almost a throw-back to the stadiums of old, by this i mean rectangular in shape, if compared to the state of the art stadiums including Emirates, Wembley and MK. If i'm not mistaken, i think the plans for Deepdale were drawn up many years ago and the stadium developed in stages over a long period of time, giving an old style in a new stadium, but after saying all that, it does look good.
BHmfc

Postby CASS » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:19 pm

BHmfc wrote:

Not a patch on MK Dons new stadium. Deepdale is almost a throw-back to the stadiums of old, by this i mean rectangular in shape, if compared to the state of the art stadiums including Emirates, Wembley and MK. If i'm not mistaken, i think the plans for Deepdale were drawn up many years ago and the stadium developed in stages over a long period of time, giving an old style in a new stadium, but after saying all that, it does look good.

Yes it does look Ok,and unlike Emirates,Stadium MK and to a certain extent Wembley, it was an on going build over several years,not on a "Green/Brown field".Considering that Stad MK
is not furnished to it's full potential and Wembley will be in debt for many years, Arse are
reported to be feeling the pinch due to repayment's on loans, perhaps P.N.E. have done it the right way.
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby slackAlice » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:41 pm

Its a good all round set up I think. I've always had a soft spot for PNE - first time proper match with my Dad and Grandad as a kid. Its evolved excellently IMO proud of their history but don't ram it down your throat [generally speaking] - I've been to the ground many times over the years , the museum is a great feature there as well , you get away fans having a look round, having a natter and a laugh. I've always hoped they would get a season in the top flight while Sir Tom is around to enjoy it - you never know this season they might just do it. That statue of Tom is good as well and on match day loads of people have their photograph taken there.
slackAlice

Postby The Fury » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:27 am

BHmfc wrote:

I prefer Preston's design to the 'bowl' stadiums ala Leicester, Middlesbrough etc etc that are becoming more prevalent across football. The steepness of the 'kops' at Preston can create a real decent atmosphere (as we experienced last year of course!) and with the new stand being smaller then the rest it gives the ground less of a generic look. If they had built the new stand in accordance with the sizes of the other stands it would just have been a larger version of Shrewbury's new ground: soulless and with less character than a stoned brummie.

Pity Preston are one of the favourites to go down then!
The Fury

Postby John L » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:10 pm

slackAlice wrote:That statue of Tom is good as well and on match day loads of people have their photograph taken there.

Yes, it's an impressive and iconic statue, something more than the usual fayre! I wonder if we'll ever get a statue erected at our new ground? How about one of Wayne doubled up following his goal at York? Now that would be iconic!!! :lol:
John L

Postby slackAlice » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:37 pm

John L wrote:
slackAlice wrote:That statue of Tom is good as well and on match day loads of people have their photograph taken there.

Yes, it's an impressive and iconic statue, something more than the usual fayre! I wonder if we'll ever get a statue erected at our new ground? How about one of Wayne doubled up following his goal at York? Now that would be iconic!!! :lol:

It would be great to have something at the new place. I also like the Jack Walker @ BRFC ; Shankly @ L'POOL ; Bobby Moore @ the new Wembley - they serve a purpose as photo opportunity's & a meeting place.
slackAlice

Return to General Discussion