O/T digital switch over sky promblems

O/T digital switch over sky promblems

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:16 pm

over the last few days with the digital switch over we have had a few problems with our sky box in that sometimes it would work fine sometimes not at all and sometimes the picture would be very bad quality. We decided to phone Sky to get the problem sorted not only did they fix the problem but we got a fantastic deal in which they offed us the full works sport movies everything untill the end of Febuary for just £3 per month fantastic deal :D
heysham_mfc

Re: O/T digital switch over sky promblems

Postby greenshrimp » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:14 pm

What's the digital switchover got to do with Sky, they are totally unconnected - switchover will only effect DTT transmissions.

GS
greenshrimp

Postby Curly » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:49 pm

Surprised you had any problems with connection as GS said, there different connections,
but sounds like you got a great deal there though, saving £35+ a month :D
I've never had any problems with Sky, but know a few who have had with the broadband/phone
package.
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby John L » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:14 pm

Curly wrote:I've never had any problems with Sky, but know a few who have had with the broadband/phone package.

Like what, Curly? Thinking of going for the bb/phone package as I already have Sky TV. Not everyone will have problems but it's nice to be aware of any! ;)
John L

Postby outsider » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:57 pm

I have the lot TV,Phone and BBand and have no complaints, the speed of bband is great, no phone problems and the TV ok, freezes in very heavy rain but at its all satellites can only be expected
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:55 pm

yeah we thought that too so din't think we would have any problems but well worth it in the end
heysham_mfc

Postby Curly » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:29 pm

John L wrote:
Curly wrote:I've never had any problems with Sky, but know a few who have had with the broadband/phone package.

Like what, Curly? Thinking of going for the bb/phone package as I already have Sky TV. Not everyone will have problems but it's nice to be aware of any! ;)

Two friends of mine went to the broadband package, found connection problems regularly,
the IT support number kept running them around, the download speeds were poor,
they (Sky) at first wouldn't give them a MAC code to migrate and didn't even seem to know what
one was! Then continued to take money for the phone/broadband package even after a
successful migration, despite regular calls to Sky, until they went to the bank and stopped payments. Later they did receive refunds (six months later!).
Note this was a while ago when Sky initially offered the service, they may have improved
a good deal since then. I have never had any problems with Sky, although they never seem to notify me when package prices increase, I generally only find out from my bank statements :roll:
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby John L » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:19 pm

Cheers mate, noted! Had their TV service for 13 years and never had any prob's at all, but I'll bear this in mind....
John L

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:34 am

BEAR :?: :?:

SKY TELLY FOR FREE FOREVER, FULL PACKAGE, IF YOU ARE MOVING HOUSE, SIMPLE PM ME
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Christies Child » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:18 am

Curly wrote:
John L wrote:

Two friends of mine went to the broadband package, found connection problems regularly,
the IT support number kept running them around, the download speeds were poor,
they (Sky) at first wouldn't give them a MAC code to migrate and didn't even seem to know what
one was! Then continued to take money for the phone/broadband package even after a
successful migration, despite regular calls to Sky, until they went to the bank and stopped payments. Later they did receive refunds (six months later!).
Note this was a while ago when Sky initially offered the service, they may have improved
a good deal since then. I have never had any problems with Sky, although they never seem to notify me when package prices increase, I generally only find out from my bank statements :roll:

The simplest way was for your friends to instruct their Banks to stop payment themselves. I never trust a supplier to undertake my instructions on the spot. However the Banks from my experience undertake your wishes immeadiately. Don't rely on a supplier to do what you want. The onus is on you to tell the Bank to stop immeadiate payment. All it needs is a letter or by using on-line Banking to give an instruction to the Bank and it's done....Simples!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:46 pm

football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Keith » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:56 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:http://satellitedirect.tv/?hop=payge42#download

http://www.stream2watch.com/live-sport1.html

8-)

Have you (or anyone else) tried the satellite direct system? I was actually talking to the guy behind this about three years ago in the Dominican Republic. He explained it to me and showed me a beta-version (which on the occasion of his demo, failed spectacularly!) He tried, with an equally spectacular failure, to answer my question about breach of copyright, which appeared to centre around "it's okay as long as you are watching channels that aren't being broadcast in your own country", which even with my lack of legal training sounded 'a bit dodgy'! I would suggest that his being based in the Dominican Republic suggests that he finds that a safer place to launch the system than in the USA or Canada (can't remember which). Funny bloke, only ever slept from about 1pm to 4pm... I haven't seen him on my last few trips to DR, possibly because he's sold a few of his $50 packages?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion