Rail travel to Crewe PROBLEMS

Rail travel to Crewe PROBLEMS

Postby Christies Child » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:37 am

Sounds as though all those who intended to travel by rail to Crewe will experience extreme problems due to engineering works between Preston and Crewe and could face an alternative coach services between the two.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Rail travel to Crewe PROBLEMS

Postby bigreddog » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:35 pm

so much for public transport. not only are the on the day prices way over the top, they can't even provide a bloody train. get the yoghurt weavers to explain thatwhy don't you. I'm staying put and off to watch the england game later instead.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby darrenlock » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:37 pm

im going to watch charlton online morecambe my 2nd team was gonna enjoy morecambe vs an very good attracking crewe team.

i got quoted £40 4 1adult and 1child on monday to pre booked lol save cash no train
darrenlock

Postby John L » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:14 pm

Only took an hour longer by train due to engineering work, as per timetable. Left Lancaster at 12, into Crewe at 2, came back just before 6, got home at 8.... no probs! Hourly through service via Manchester.... no coaches or changes anywhere. You should try it CC! :roll:
John L

Postby Christies Child » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:51 am

John L wrote:Only took an hour longer by train due to engineering work, as per timetable. Left Lancaster at 12, into Crewe at 2, came back just before 6, got home at 8.... no probs! Hourly through service via Manchester.... no coaches or changes anywhere. You should try it CC! :roll:

Just posted what the radio was saying that 'coaches would be running between Preston and Crewe'.....

Pleased to hear that you had no problems....and also that we could hear you on the terraces!

:) :) :)
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:07 am

John L wrote:Only took an hour longer by train due to engineering work, as per timetable. Left Lancaster at 12, into Crewe at 2, came back just before 6, got home at 8.... no probs! Hourly through service via Manchester.... no coaches or changes anywhere. You should try it CC! :roll:

No real problems for us either. 1 hour down and a bit of craic with the Scotland fans going to Cardiff. One guys feather was extremely long! :o . :lol:

Only problem on the way back was that it took an hour and a half to get to Preston in second gear but who cares we had the 3 points safely in carriage D. :D

One thing of note was that with 2 of us travelling and had gone to some degree of getting "cheap" tickets I carefully had all my 12 tickets/reservations all in order but not one of them was inspected throughout the day!

Fealt sorry for the one who paid £56 as a last minute trip :o
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby parceldave » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:08 am

Christies Child wrote:Sounds as though all those who intended to travel by rail to Crewe will experience extreme problems due to engineering works between Preston and Crewe and could face an alternative coach services between the two.

Train to Crewe was on time at 7.57 , and was full of jolly Scotsmen who supplied me and my travelling companion with some early morning refreshment , and wouldn't take "no thanks " for an answer . Arrived in Crewe on time just before 9 and met a little trainspotter ;) who joined our party en route to Weatherspoons for breaky , after which we visited a few more interesting watering holes before watching an entertaining game of footy and collecting a much needed 3pts. Returned to pub for celebratory couple of beers before catching 18.14 on time train to Preston which went via Manchester and took just over 1 hour . We then should have had a 40 min wait for Glascow train , but on another platform someone noticed a Barrow train which we jumped on and got back into Lancaster about 20.15. We then travelled on foot to Bar11 to watch Ireland game , and then to rock&roll bar , then to Indian , then back to rock & roll bar and then home ...... i think 8-) . Great day out , great bunch of lads and great Train service :) . Now where, those paracetamol. 8-)
parceldave

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:31 pm

parceldave wrote:Train to Crewe was on time at 7.57 , and was full of jolly Scotsmen who supplied me and my travelling companion with some early morning refreshment , and wouldn't take "no thanks " for an answer . Arrived in Crewe on time just before 9 and met a little trainspotter ;) who joined our party en route to Weatherspoons for breaky , after which we visited a few more interesting watering holes before watching an entertaining game of footy and collecting a much needed 3pts. Returned to pub for celebratory couple of beers before catching 18.14 on time train to Preston which went via Manchester and took just over 1 hour . We then should have had a 40 min wait for Glascow train , but on another platform someone noticed a Barrow train which we jumped on and got back into Lancaster about 20.15. We then travelled on foot to Bar11 to watch Ireland game , and then to rock&roll bar , then to Indian , then back to rock & roll bar and then home ...... i think 8-) . Great day out , great bunch of lads and great Train service :) . Now where, those paracetamol. 8-)

Could'nt have put it better although I prefer to do it in pictures :lol:

P.S. Thanx for leaving us behind when you lot caught the Barrow Train 8-)

We had lunch rather than brekky never seen such a big pudding!
crewepud.JPG

Good job a brolly was in hand
crewerain.JPG

Found a piccy on a pub wall of our Eric~anybody know what he was doing?
creweeric.JPG
marky No.1

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:33 pm

You are right there were a few trainspotters about!
crewetrain1.JPG
marky No.1

Postby parceldave » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:00 pm

Could'nt have put it better although I prefer to do it in pictures

Hmm and what sort of pictures are you in :? . Looking at that first picture makes the mind boggle ( but that wouldn't be hard after yesterday). How is the Happy Shopper feeling today :?: Hope that little trainspotting forklift driver made it to work this morning. :lol:
parceldave

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:28 pm

:lol:
morecambe mick

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:18 pm

morecambe mick wrote:Image

:lol:

Oi don't start that game! What's this on your head? :lol:
crewemick.JPG
marky No.1

Postby Mark S » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:57 pm

Rapidly thinning grey hair was my first thought. :lol:

I will be in disguise tomorrow night. :mrgreen:
Mark S

Postby morecambe mick » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:02 pm

Mark S wrote:Rapidly thinning grey hair was my first thought. :lol:

I will be in disguise tomorrow night. :mrgreen:

No Mark, you will be in casualty :!:

If you're lucky :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is a number two shaved "haircut".
I'm not so vain as to try to hide/avoid what is inevitable. Besides my hair has always been thin ;)
morecambe mick

Postby Christies Child » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:37 pm

Looks to me as though there's a bit of 'nit picking' going on..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Christies Child

Return to General Discussion