Premiership Shirts This Weekend

Premiership Shirts This Weekend

Postby Christies Minder » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:29 pm

Just watched MOTD 2 and noticed that all the premiership sides wore remembrance poppies embroidered into their shirts = except one team , Man Utd !!! I believe it was a matter of choice but even so ???.
Christies Minder

Re: Premiership Shirts This Weekend

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:45 pm

would a poppy on a red shirt be invisible :?:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Christies Minder » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:47 pm

They could have placed it strategically on the white or black part of their shirts !!
Christies Minder

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:00 am

most of the clubs are doing something simlar to this
http://www.wiganlatics.co.uk/page/NewsD ... 92,00.html
heysham_mfc

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:06 am

I dont support utd, but i cannot imagine them being any more or any less patriotic than any other league team, i am sure that they will have done their bit regarding poppy sales etc, i am not a fan of pointing out things people have not done, negating the focus on what people have done, freedom of choice is up to everyone, I dont wear poppies but i do donate :!:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:22 am

Surprised this hasn't been posted:

Youtube: Celtic Remembrance Day Shame

Disgusting, but not surprising.

I don't think Liverpool will be wearing the poppy emblem on their shirts either.
RedRedWine1

Postby durianmuncher » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:55 am

Just as what would be expected off some of the sub pond life that attach themselves to Celtic.

I had a great uncle who also refused to wear a poppy and apparently quite a lot of other people wouldn't wear one for the same reason: that being that it is labelled as the 'Haig Fund', yet it was Haig who had sent thousands upon thousands to their deaths under a disastrous, pointless and highly ill-conceived strategy at the Somme.
durianmuncher

Postby campdave » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:35 am

I don't think it means any less respect that man utd and liverpool are showing, when a lot of the other clubs choosing to have the poppies on their shirt will only be doing so because other clubs are doing the same.

IMO, it means more if a club choose to do it for respect reasons, than simply following the heard out of fear of offending someone.
campdave

Postby Mighty Red » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:29 am

From the LFC official site:

The Royal British Legion have today expressed their gratitude to Liverpool FC and its supporters for the efforts being put in place to help raise both funds and awareness for the Poppy Appeal.
A minute's silence will be held before Monday's live televised game against Birmingham City at Anfield and this will be preceded by two service personnel and a Royal British Legion standard bearer placing a ceremonial poppy on the centre circle.

In addition, a ground collection will be held and advertising made available within both the matchday programme and on electronic LED pitchside boards to further raise awareness of the appeal. The match shirts from the game against Birmingham City will also be handed over to the Royal British Legion to auction off to raise additional income for the Poppy Appeal.

David Murray, County Manager of the Royal British Legion, commented: "The Royal British Legion are delighted with the support given to Remembrance by Liverpool Football Club.

"Their generosity in allowing us to collect in their Stadium, their kindness in including a statement in their matchday programme together with the donation of the matchday shirts demonstrates their support of the Poppy Appeal is well in excess of anything we could ever have hoped for. Thank you to Liverpool Football Club and all your Supporters."
Mighty Red

Postby durhamshrimp » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:10 pm

Matter of choice really. I usually have one but I'm not going to have a go that anyone who chooses not to.
durhamshrimp

Return to General Discussion