Rant No1 - Silly people

Rant No1 - Silly people

Postby thegentlegiant » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:01 am

I don't know if it is just me but over the last few months the forum IMO has become infested by people who think its a good idea just to put people down or degrade people's ideas for the football club, it does only seem a small percentage but these people are really starting to get on my wick.

Please tell me if i am speaking absolutely rubbish but people on this forum need to grow up and experience life before commenting on certain subjects IMO that they know nothing about!!

END OF RANT

P.S Roll on Saturday 3pts here they come!!!
thegentlegiant

Re: Rant No1 - Silly people

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:10 am

I think a lot of the comments on here made since the result on Saturday are just people fustrated at the result I think some people may have poster a few comments that they would have though twice about if they had waited a few days
heysham_mfc

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:15 am

Any paying supporter of mfc on a forum deserves the right to air their views imo, just as the moderators have the right to remove anything offensive, i personally do not like positive or negative comments from people who do not attend matches.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:32 am

thegentlegiant wrote:I don't know if it is just me but over the last few months the forum IMO has become infested by people who think its a good idea just to put people down or degrade people's ideas for the football club, it does only seem a small percentage but these people are really starting to get on my wick.

Please tell me if i am speaking absolutely rubbish but people on this forum need to grow up and experience life before commenting on certain subjects IMO that they know nothing about!!

END OF RANT

Yes I agree some people do come out with some stuff :o .. :lol: :lol:

thegentlegiant wrote:For me Sammy should go if we lose to Lincoln, i have always back the manager through thick and thin and believe this season for us is to much to go on a whim that sammy might savage the season

WE DESERVE BETTER.

Some say christmas some say till the end of the season, i say you lose on Sat then you must go.I personally hope he proves all of us wrong.
Last edited by marky No.1 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Duffman » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:32 am

thegentlegiant wrote:I don't know if it is just me but over the last few months the forum IMO has become infested by people who think its a good idea just to put people down or degrade people's ideas for the football club, it does only seem a small percentage but these people are really starting to get on my wick.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. What's important is that there is no right or wrong opinions. People on this board are quick to criticise people and accuse them of not being real supporters simply because they disagree with something. For example, you said you wanted Sammy Mc sacked if we lose on Saturday. Fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion but I'm not going to criticise your support.

thegentlegiant wrote:Please tell me if i am speaking absolutely rubbish but people on this forum need to grow up and experience life before commenting on certain subjects IMO that they know nothing about!!

I've no idea what you mean by this. Grow up? Experience life? It's a football forum and that is it. If it annoys you what people say, don't read it or have a constructive response.
Duffman

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:31 pm

END OF RANT

I agree with you. If someone posts a sensible suggestion on here , some of the vocal minority come on and trash it.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby NeilG » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:33 pm

A Psychologists view.

One of the ways the human ego makes itself bigger and stronger is with criticism of others.
"THEY ARE IDIOTS, THEY DIDN'T PLAY IT LIKE I WANTED....... EXACTLY THE WAY I WANTED...... AND NOW I DON”T LIKE THEM I'M NOT PLAYING ANYMORE". Character assassination is a favourite pastime of the human ego.

The hounds are at Sammy Macs door. They called for his head, they screamed at him "Useless, finished, tactics are crap, lost the dressing room, a disgrace" ....... it really is incredible how the human ego turns nasty when things don't go the way we demand. It almost seems like many of us are simply waiting for those people we 'supposedly' support, to make a mistake so we can unleash a barrage of insults and criticism to bolster our own ego.

Some Morecambe supporters ? It seems to me would like nothing more than to see Mcilroy destroyed, rotting in the gutter crying, reduced to a failure? Maybe his incredible success makes us feel so small in comparison that the only thing we can do to stop ourselves from feeling like 'losers' is to assassinate his character and get them down to 'our' level. If we can't make it up to their level then lets get the bastard down to our level.

If the manager makes a mistake why don't people who 'supposedly' support Morecambe get behind him and give him our support? Surely if we want Morecambe to win we must know that making him more nervous with a barrage of insults isn't going to help the team, infact it will make it worse. Or maybe those of us who critiqued Sammy are not interested in the success of the Morecambe team after all and are simply jealous of his success because it makes us feel small. Again, if we can't make it up to his level then lets get him down to our level.

It's no secret that those of us who criticize others feel 'lesser' than the people we are criticizing. People who are successful get criticized much more than those who are not.
We criticize more when we don't feel good about our own lives, often when we are having difficulty in our own personal relationships. Criticism has a direct correlation with a lack of self esteem. We shun responsibility and blame others when we don't feel good about our own lives.

It's a strange concept but humans seem to need idols....... yet when we put people on a pedestal it's only a matter of time before we have to knock them down. We idolize people and mistakenly give them supernatural powers, they become ideal figures in our minds, when they eventually turn out to be mere ordinary 'humans' we pounce on them and viciously rip them to shreds. No doubt, criticizing others says far more about us than those we are criticizing.

If someone make mistakes it seems rather cruel and vicious to judge their entire character on such a small part of their person. We instantly forget all the good they did in their life and destroy them for NOT LIVING UP TO OUR IDEALS. Yet, no one can live up to our ideals because they are ideals! They are not based in reality.

The next time we criticize someone or character assassinate them, maybe we should all have a think about where we are unhappy in our own lives and why we need to drag these people down to 'our level'.
NeilG

Postby ezz » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:44 pm

Throw a little fight or flight response in there, those who can't handle us losing and a fight on our doorsteps to support the club in this relegation battle chose flight and want the manager out instead of support.
I think the silly people are those who shout for the managers head, people think i'm silly for wanting Sammy to stay and get us out of it.....what can you do??
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:18 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:Any paying supporter of mfc on a forum deserves the right to air their views imo, just as the moderators have the right to remove anything offensive, i personally do not like positive or negative comments from people who do not attend matches.

so what are you saying people who have not attended the game cannot have an opinion :?:
heysham_mfc

Postby bigreddog » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:31 pm

It's not to so much a forum as a base for catharsis. We really shouldn't expect much more to be honest. It's normal to feel hurt when our team loses and it's also as natural to want to blame somebody for it. I am sometimes concerned that an orthodoxy develops that cannot be disagreed with by anybody who didn't drink the coolade or is in a specific clique of one sort or another. The same applies when someone comes up with a new idea (as with sam and the water and light) as it does when somebody suggests the manager might need getting rid of. They are both perfectly valid opinions, which don't need taking so personaly or seriously. I'm the first to admit I went for the cheap laugh on saturday and said that the only way Sammy was likely get three points is if he gets done for speeding.

The reality is this. Sammy and the lads and everyone connected with the club don't have time to feel sorry for themselves or navigate around their own navels. They've got a game to prepare for, a game I desperately want them to win. The thing is if they don't then the once unthinkable, that then turned into the unspeakable may develop into the undeniable.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby Plain Peter » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:01 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:I agree with you. If someone posts a sensible suggestion on here , some of the vocal minority come on and trash it.

Like Keith for example ;) .
Plain Peter

Postby Keith » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:08 pm

Peter wrote:
Heysham_Shrimp wrote:some of the vocal minority come on and trash it.

Keith wrote:
Peter wrote:Comments on a forum like this should be taken as a pinch of salt.

Probably the most sensible thing you've ever posted on here Peter

That'll teach me not to agree with you! :roll:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:25 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:
Any paying supporter of mfc on a forum deserves the right to air their views imo, just as the moderators have the right to remove anything offensive, i personally do not like positive or negative comments from people who do not attend matches.

so what are you saying people who have not attended the game cannot have an opinion

ERRR, YEAH :roll: :roll:
mrpotatohead

Postby Keith » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:42 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:mrpotatohead wrote:

so what are you saying people who have not attended the game cannot have an opinion

ERRR, YEAH :roll: :roll:

'fortunately'... this forum was originally set up to keep 'exiles' in touch with the club, so while Mr Potatohead is entitled to his opinion, it isn't shared by admin :roll:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:24 pm

My comments are not meant to imply that people who were not there cannot comment, of course they can, it was more of, you cant really say what the fish are like at atkinsons if you never ate one :lol: :lol:

or potts pies are the best pies in the league, but the second best on lancaster road, if you havent tried them etc.

people who have not attended matches away moan sometimes about draws they did not go to, I never comment on away games i never saw, but value the views of the away supporters who are kind enough to inform us on here how it was, as i am sure exiles value comments off fans who went, as oppposed to them from fans who never went.
mrpotatohead

Postby campdave » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:11 pm

END OF RANT

funny how your response the the people you highlight is to put them down.
campdave

Postby Keith » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:20 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:My comments are not meant to imply that people who were not there cannot comment, of course they can, it was more of, you cant really say what the fish are like at atkinsons if you never ate one :lol: :lol:

or potts pies are the best pies in the league, but the second best on lancaster road, if you havent tried them etc.

people who have not attended matches away moan sometimes about draws they did not go to, I never comment on away games i never saw, but value the views of the away supporters who are kind enough to inform us on here how it was, as i am sure exiles value comments off fans who went, as oppposed to them from fans who never went.

Then I accept your apology! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

campdave wrote:funny how your response the the people you highlight is to put them down.

Perhaps he was being ironic?

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Star08 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:56 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:My comments are not meant to imply that people who were not there cannot comment, of course they can, it was more of, you cant really say what the fish are like at atkinsons if you never ate one :lol: :lol:

Thanks for clarifying that; I already feel bad cos at the mo I don't have any spare dosh to go to matches with. :cry:
'What the hell'..its always the right decision

When you realise we are all mad life starts to make sense
Star08

Postby John L » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:35 am

heysham_mfc wrote:I think a lot of the comments on here made since the result on Saturday are just people fustrated at the result I think some people may have poster a few comments that they would have though twice about if they had waited a few days

....such as yourself?
John L

Postby Plain Peter » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:55 pm

Keith wrote:
Peter wrote:
Heysham_Shrimp wrote:some of the vocal minority come on and trash it.

Keith wrote:
Peter wrote:Comments on a forum like this should be taken as a pinch of salt.

Probably the most sensible thing you've ever posted on here Peter

That'll teach me not to agree with you! :roll:

Selective with what you quote again Keith.
I think I said a bit more than that.
Plain Peter

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:53 pm

John L wrote:
heysham_mfc wrote:I think a lot of the comments on here made since the result on Saturday are just people fustrated at the result I think some people may have poster a few comments that they would have though twice about if they had waited a few days

....such as yourself?

no I still stand by what I posted
heysham_mfc

Return to General Discussion