Lincolns Perspective ~ Similar to Ours

Lincolns Perspective ~ Similar to Ours

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:26 am

Sounds familiar :roll:

"Nervy November Cometh with 4 must win fixtures against Morecambe (A), Blyth or AFC Telford (A) in the Cup and then the home games against Cheltenham Town and Grimsby Town. Ok so Morecambe is the last day of October but in all seriousness we need to add a day and a fixture to a month where we have to acheive, for in its final days we meet Rotherham away and we know that will end in tears. If we are to avoid the dreaded drop these are the teams we simply have to take points off. As for the cup game if we are to have the funds to rebuild our squad we have to progress to at least a financially rewarding second round tie with a guaranteed £18,000 reward for a first round win.

Having only gained a point against fellow strugglers Northampton and Torquay in the last two games. Having been pitted against five of the bottom clubs in as many weeks we simply have to make these six pointers count starting with 3 against Morecambe. The Shrimps lost for the first time at home on Saturday hammered 2-4 by resurgent Northampton. Northampton had been below us until their scrappy win last week."

http://www.lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/ ... p?a=175134

Rene Howe got MOTM at the weekend, I hope he does'nt come back to haunt us

http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/board ... 6,10970519
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: Lincolns Perspective ~ Similar to Ours

Postby alwaysright » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:07 pm

Oooh i had forgotten about the return of Rene Howe, now how ironic would it be if he scored the goal that ended SM reign in charge, i bet Howe will be out to make a point on saturday
alwaysright

Postby halfwayliner » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:07 pm

Not bothered if Rene Howe scores, as long as we score more goals than them and hopefully then it might shut the moaners up.
halfwayliner

Postby alwaysright » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:43 pm

iv just read your post and i dont understand why your having a go at the "moaners" if your happy for the club to be were we are in the league thats your choice !!!!! if your happy to watch and accept performances like saturdays again thats your choice !!!!! but myself and a dam sight lot more of supporters are worried about what is happening right now, we dont want to be watching none league football in the new stadium, but it seems to me that people like yourself and 1 or 2 others would be happy with that, so dont be having a go at the "moaners" because we want the best for our club !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
alwaysright

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:46 pm

alwaysright wrote:iv just read your post and i dont understand why your having a go at the "moaners" if your happy for the club to be were we are in the league thats your choice !!!!! if your happy to watch and accept performances like saturdays again thats your choice !!!!! but myself and a dam sight lot more of supporters are worried about what is happening right now, we dont want to be watching none league football in the new stadium, but it seems to me that people like yourself and 1 or 2 others would be happy with that, so dont be having a go at the "moaners" because we want the best for our club !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I've never seen anyone admit to being a moaner before abbo alwaysright :lol:

BTW you won't find many more people more loyal to the cause than "Halfwayliner" ;)
marky No.1

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:05 pm

A quick question.

At what point is it acceptable to go from been a moaner to been very concerned about the state of the team?

Some people would have you believe that if were 10 points a drift at the bottom its still ok as we are little old Morecambe and we don't deserve to be here.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby ezz » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:14 pm

What is moaning to us going to accomplish?
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:20 pm

P/T Indie wrote:A quick question.
At what point is it acceptable to go from been a moaner to been very concerned about the state of the team?

Some people would have you believe that if were 10 points a drift at the bottom its still ok as we are little old Morecambe and we don't deserve to be here.

Hey listen Phil, I know I make light of a lot of stuff on here and will continue to do so ~ others "cope" with it by being anonymous during these few days after a bad result/performance and some simply "rant & rave" and make out that they don't care when in fact they do!. I believe EVERYONE is concerned, no more than the owners, management and playing staff but we all deal with it in different ways. You only needed to look round the ground on Saturday to see horror on faces. The people leaving the stand early were there for all to see as they passed by the Directors Box.

I.M.O. what "most" of us don't like is publically slagging people off on a message board which I don't agree with but it is not my decision to make it "unacceptable"

If we were 10 points adrift ( :shock: ) I would still go and support my team ~ it is in troubled times when they need us most ;)
marky No.1

Postby halfwayliner » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:34 pm

I for one also do not want to see are team relegated and i am not happy where we are in the league,but i do believe we have the right staff to move this club foward and that includes the manager and coach. Yes saturdays perfomance was not the best and i was one of the fans asking for Sammy to make a substituition,but that does not mean we have to get rid of the manager.Their was a guy in the north stand swearing and saying that he had not been to see Morecambe play for 2years and he was calling for Sammy to be sacked(God help us) I think there is massive over reaction at the moment and that is not doing anyone any good, except our opponents. As you know we ALL want the best for our club.
halfwayliner

Postby ezz » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:36 pm

Good point Marky, some people think because we arn't panicking like them, calling for heads, slating players and managers off that we dont care. More likely that we realise that doing this isn't going to change anything and is pointless and will probably have a negative effect on anyone associated with the club i.e Players staff etc.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:42 pm

halfwayliner wrote:I for one also do not want to see are team relegated and i am not happy where we are in the league,but i do believe we have the right staff to move this club foward and that includes the manager and coach. Yes saturdays perfomance was not the best and i was one of the fans asking for Sammy to make a substituition,but that does not mean we have to get rid of the manager.Their was a guy in the north stand swearing and saying that he had not been to see Morecambe play for 2years and he was calling for Sammy to be sacked(God help us) I think there is massive over reaction at the moment and that is not doing anyone any good, except our opponents. As you know we ALL want the best for our club.

how can anyone that has only been to 1 game in the last 2 years call for the manager to be sacked after seeing one game is beyond me
heysham_mfc

Postby Keith » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:02 pm

alwaysright wrote:...if your happy for the club to be were we are in the league thats your choice !!!!!

Interesting thought... The first season everyone said they'd be happy simply to finish third from bottom. Last season, most people saw it that way again. This season, many thought we had a squad capable of 'pushing on' and possibly hitting the high of a play off position. BUT, most of us simply want to be a Football League club next season.

So in answer to your question, who wouldn't be happy for us to finish where we are now, come the end of the season?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:08 pm

Keith wrote:
alwaysright wrote:...if your happy for the club to be were we are in the league thats your choice !!!!!

Interesting thought... The first season everyone said they'd be happy simply to finish third from bottom. Last season, most people saw it that way again. This season, many thought we had a squad capable of 'pushing on' and possibly hitting the high of a play off position. BUT, most of us simply want to be a Football League club next season.

So in answer to your question, who wouldn't be happy for us to finish where we are now, come the end of the season?

I would be happy just to remain in the football leauge this season howevery I think we have our strongest squad since promotion and would like to see at least us being in mid table come the end of the season
heysham_mfc

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:12 pm

I would be more than happy to finish where we are now with our current problems.

However with the budget we have had this year that would be a massive under achievement. I think Sammy was given a good budget this year to make sure we were safe with the new ground coming, which means I would have been expecting midtable.

The thing is as much as I would be happy to see us finish where we are will we manage it? say we are in the relegation zone in the next couple of weeks do we just hope for the best for the rest of the season and keep trying to be positive in an act of blind faith.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Return to General Discussion