it was allways going to happen some time

it was allways going to happen some time

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:42 pm

when we got promoted quite a few people said that we would go through a bad time and this is it instead of says thing like not good enough or sack the manager we need to stick by the team this is the time when they need our support most of all we will get through it we just need to give it time
heysham_mfc

Re: it was allways going to happen some time

Postby marky » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:56 pm

We went through something remarkably similar last season, so we've already had the bad patch. In fact, we've had 3. Personally, I'm of the opinion that, whilst lightning DOES strike in the same place twice, it's exceptionally rare and won't happen this time. I'd love to be proved wrong, mind.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:43 pm

Don't you mean that you'd loved to be proved wrong again?
RedRedWine1

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:11 pm

heysham_mfc

I'm sorry but as a paying customer I reserve the right to say "not good enough".

Recently our finishing has been "not good enough", our approach play, in large part, has "been good enough".

Look at the number of goals we have conceded this season, that would say that defensively we're "not good enough".
In 13 league games, we've conceded 24 goals , lost 3 games and won 1.

Goal wise we are on -7, there are only three teams with a worse goal difference.
Which, as it happens, is the number of places we are from the bottom of the Football League.

The table doesn't lie.

Am I panicking?
No, but I am frustated at the inability of my team to take advantage of situations and take three points. Torquay were there for the taking, in the end, only due to Smith making a fantastic save in stoppage time, we got a point. When in the first 10/15 minutes we could have been 4-0 up!
Disappointed.
morecambe mick

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:30 pm

yes you do have the right to say 'it's not good enough' and we should have picked up more points than we have done this season there are so many chances when we should have scored and didn't that has cost us points. I am not using the 'little morecambe' tag but there are teams in this division that are bigger than us and can afford to pay better wages and therefore sign better players and if you don't take a chance when you get one against these teams then you are going to be punished.
Marky yes we did go through a bad patch last season we made a good recovery though and we could have finished up with a play offs spot but I am sorry but I think it will be a struggle for us this season I do though hope that I am proved wrong the main aim should be to still be in the FL come May
heysham_mfc

Postby sgt major » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:28 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:yes you do have the right to say 'it's not good enough' and we should have picked up more points than we have done this season there are so many chances when we should have scored and didn't that has cost us points. I am not using the 'little morecambe' tag but there are teams in this division that are bigger than us and can afford to pay better wages and therefore sign better players and if you don't take a chance when you get one against these teams then you are going to be punished.
Marky yes we did go through a bad patch last season we made a good recovery though and we could have finished up with a play offs spot but I am sorry but I think it will be a struggle for us this season I do though hope that I am proved wrong the main aim should be to still be in the FL come May

Notts County are bigger than us, have signed so called better players and we beat them - it will click soon - just wait and see. I also share Mick's frustration.
sgt major

Postby P/T Indie » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:06 pm

We seem to have one of these moments every season first season from January onwards we hardly won a game, this continued into the start of last season and then this year we have started with another one of these bad times.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Return to General Discussion