England match to be internet only

Re: England match to be internet only

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:45 am

sgt major wrote:I will be showing it in the York - I have subscribed to the internet service and will show it through one of my screens. At the same time the Rugby League play off final will take place so you can come along and get to see both events.

The whole situation stinks as Sky charge pubs a fortune to show the games then they cant be arsed to bid for the rights.

Is this service legal to broadcast in a public place? I know Sky charge by rateable value etc.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby campdave » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:52 am

marky No.1 wrote:
sgt major wrote:I will be showing it in the York - I have subscribed to the internet service and will show it through one of my screens. At the same time the Rugby League play off final will take place so you can come along and get to see both events.

The whole situation stinks as Sky charge pubs a fortune to show the games then they cant be arsed to bid for the rights.

Is this service legal to broadcast in a public place? I know Sky charge by rateable value etc.

Doubt it's legal, but then the pubs that use foreign satellites are using personal subs as well, which is also illegal.

None of the broadcasters are interested in the rights because it's nigh on impossible to make money from then - won't generate extra subs for Sky/ESPN, won't bring in enough advertising for ITV/Five/BBC can't justify spending £5 million on an essentially meaningless match.
campdave

Postby durhamshrimp » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:44 pm

P/T Indie wrote:They also make the players all wear the same sponsor stuff addidas, even if players have their own boot deals etc when it comes to the national team they have to wear the national sponsors.

Why is this a good thing?
durhamshrimp

Postby George Dawes » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:12 pm

P/T Indie wrote:In Germany all their national games are shown on terrestrial tv and their FA don't believe in selling the rights to the highest bidder. They believe everyone should watch the national team and it should be a national event.

They also make the players all wear the same sponsor stuff addidas, even if players have their own boot deals etc when it comes to the national team they have to wear the national sponsors.

the problem with that in our country now, it would be deemed to politically incorrect :?
George Dawes

Postby sgt major » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:06 pm

marky No.1 wrote:

As I have subscribed to the match I have to watch it on a big screen as I'm old and going blind ;)
sgt major

Postby durhamshrimp » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:54 pm

DawZi wrote:
P/T Indie wrote:In Germany all their national games are shown on terrestrial tv and their FA don't believe in selling the rights to the highest bidder. They believe everyone should watch the national team and it should be a national event.

They also make the players all wear the same sponsor stuff addidas, even if players have their own boot deals etc when it comes to the national team they have to wear the national sponsors.

the problem with that in our country now, it would be deemed to politically incorrect :?

Eh?
durhamshrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:44 am

sgt major wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:

As I have subscribed to the match I have to watch it on a big screen as I'm old and going blind ;)

Oh in that case you are ok because it would be against your human rights not to be able to ;)
marky No.1

Postby sgt major » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:21 am

Is this service legal to broadcast in a public place? I know Sky charge by rateable value etc.[/quote]

As I have subscribed to the match I have to watch it on a big screen as I'm old and going blind ;)[/quote]

Oh in that case you are ok because it would be against your human rights not to be able to ;)[/quote]

Brilliant Mark - now I can quote Human Rights for everything - just like all the scroats in life do ;)
sgt major

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:37 am

sgt major wrote:Is this service legal to broadcast in a public place? I know Sky charge by rateable value etc.

As I have subscribed to the match I have to watch it on a big screen as I'm old and going blind ;)[/quote]

Oh in that case you are ok because it would be against your human rights not to be able to ;)[/quote]

Brilliant Mark - now I can quote Human Rights for everything - just like all the scroats in life do ;)[/quote]

Once you have connected your new lead you can claim to be part of the P.C. brigade yourself!

I have a similar lead but it is always fastened to my collar!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
marky No.1

Postby sgt major » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:01 pm

Right - Game On.

Aldershot v Morecambe commentary and interactiveness with Lance at 3pm followed by Ukraine v England with commentary on 5 Live.

Rugby Final on for eggchasers

Republic of Ireland v Italy - 7.30pm

BTW - there is a bonus match on Friday Night as England U21 take on Macedonia U21 - its on Chelsea TV

All on in the York
sgt major

Postby George Dawes » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:18 pm

Aldershot v Morecambe commentary and interactiveness with Lance at 3pm followed by Ukraine v England with commentary on 5 Live.

only problem with that at times there can sometimes be a 3-second delay, just like watching a 70s kung fu film dubbed :lol:
George Dawes

Postby Mark S » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:29 pm

Get back to Radio shack and get the sound lead! :lol:
Mark S

Postby sgt major » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:14 am

Mark S wrote:Get back to Radio shack and get the sound lead! :lol:

Sound is sorted mate ;)
sgt major

Previous

Return to General Discussion