KEEP HUNTER AT RIGHT BACK

KEEP HUNTER AT RIGHT BACK

Postby BHmfc » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:12 pm

I don't think it,s a coincidence that since Moss has been dropped to the bench and Hunter given the right back position, the team is looking more solid in defence. Moss has looked very poor in the games i have seen this season, so all credit to SM in taking a gamble with Hunter. The two games he,s played in that position he has been outstanding. Long may it continue.
BHmfc

Re: KEEP HUNTER AT RIGHT BACK

Postby George Dawes » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:26 pm

DawZi wrote:yeah now Moss is out of the team, he'll have to work on his game and fight for his place now if he wants it back

but fair play to Hunter, i can see him being a permanent fixture in that role all season

Ive harped on about this in previous thread's with Calamity Moss, it's not coincidence.
George Dawes

Postby PottedShrimp » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:29 pm

BHmfc wrote:I don't think it,s a coincidence that since Moss has been dropped to the bench and Hunter given the right back position, the team is looking more solid in defence. Moss has looked very poor in the games i have seen this season, so all credit to SM in taking a gamble with Hunter. The two games he,s played in that position he has been outstanding. Long may it continue.

Agree 100% I missed the Rotherham game, but yesterday we looked much more secure at the back. Moss has been singularly unimpressive. We should stick with this new combination which works
Squillae parvae sed fortes
PottedShrimp

Postby campdave » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:52 pm

It'll be interesting to see if Sammy goes with Stanley or Hunter to replace Panther.
campdave

Postby George Dawes » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:58 pm

campdave wrote:It'll be interesting to see if Sammy goes with Stanley or Hunter to replace Panther.

id say it's obvious who should replace him. i expect SM to show common sense
George Dawes

Postby outsider » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:06 pm

I've said for ages that Drummy and Stanners cant play together, it was proved yesterday that when Manny went off we lost mid-field. As you say Hunter to cover Manny leaving right back for??? Moss or McStay or Parish

Moss seems out of form

McStay seems out of favour

Parish seems out of form and favour
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby campdave » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:07 pm

DawZi wrote:

id say it's obvious who should replace him. i expect SM to show common sense

I don't know that it is - presuming that the player comes in directly to replace the defensive role that Panther plays, which is exactly the position Stanley had a mare against Burton.

FWIW, I think he'll keep Hunter on the right, and bring in Stanley, but I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't!
campdave

Postby George Dawes » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:18 pm

id rather just make the one change instead of two, in a winning team
George Dawes

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:56 am

I would not play Stanley in the hole, he can't tackle and was woeful in this role at Burton.

It is a tough one for Sammy to sort out, he may have to change his system slightly. Hunter could do the job, but reports suggest he should be left where he is. Drummond? Does he have the legs?
RedRedWine1

Return to General Discussion