Postby marky No.1 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:02 pm

http://www.lep.co.uk/morecambe-fc/Sammy ... 5639199.jp

Lets hope its not one of these :lol:
canofworms.jpg
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: Sammy Happy to Carry Can

Postby Christies Child » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:13 pm

Almost a word for word copy of the Visitor report of Wednesday.

I just hope that he's of a mind to make defensive changes 'cause it's what's needed. He can't keep picking the same players otherwise what's the use of a squad?
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby P/T Indie » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:17 pm

"We knew that Rochdale's manager would have had a right go at them at half-time, and would be coming out fired up and playing for pride.

"So we knew we had to prepare for that and deal with it.But to see experienced players not coping with their attacks was a huge disappointment

Here is something that worrys me.

I read the same in the Visitor Sammy saying about telling the players Rochadale would throw everything at them and how they couldn't sit back. The players went out and obviously didn't listen to him and take into account his instructions and sat back. Now why didn't the players listen/do what they were told to?
You cans see why got Sammy got frustrated if he spent all of half time telling them and then they don't pay any attention so are the players not listning to him?
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby P/T Indie » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:17 pm

Christies Child wrote:Almost a word for word copy of the Visitor report of Wednesday.

I just hope that he's of a mind to make defensive changes 'cause it's what's needed. He can't keep picking the same players otherwise what's the use of a squad?

Yes it wouldn't suprise me if it is the same back 5 tomorrow

P/T Indie

Postby Weetabix Kid » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:19 pm

Not a fan of Sammy are you Mr Indie :lol:
Weetabix Kid

Postby Gnasher » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:30 pm

Almost a word for word copy of the Visitor report of Wednesday.

They've even stolen the Visitor's web site design, get the solicitors involved :lol:
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Christies Child » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:36 pm

Weetabix Kid wrote:Not a fan of Sammy are you Mr Indie :lol:

...a bit unfair that I think.

I've not seen or read anything that suggests he's wanting Sammy out. Like me, he and others are concertned about results to date, but no way are he or for that matter I wanting to see the back of Sammy. If things don't change however by November then no doubt questions will be asked but it's not going to come to that.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:51 pm

now is not the time to be worried yes we have had a dissapointing start but they will get betting maybe something good will come out of last weeks game at least the players will know in future you can't sit back even with a 3 goal lead hopefully they will battle for the full 90 minuites at Rotherham and come away with something
heysham_mfc

Postby P/T Indie » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:51 pm

Thanks CC yes I am a fan of Sammy's to a point he has done a great job to get us where we are for which I am extremley gratefull for as without him we would still be in the conference and he established us as a league club.
If the board only give him limited funds and his target is to keep us in the league then brilliant the man is a legend.

It would just be nice if he changed his back five and made a few good subs from time to time.

P/T Indie

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:30 pm

Christies Child wrote: but no way are he or for that matter I wanting to see the back of Sammy.

Phil won't cause he is in the North Stand, whereas you see his back every home game 8-)

Personally I want him to be beamimg with delight and slipping on his arse around his area rather than kicking water bottles !
marky No.1

Postby campdave » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:56 pm

P/T Indie wrote:
It would just be nice if he changed his back five and made a few good subs from time to time.

Well, he's been playing a back four for the last few matches, so something has obviously changed.
campdave

Postby ezz » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:03 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:now is not the time to be worried yes we have had a dissapointing start but they will get betting maybe something good will come out of last weeks game at least the players will know in future you can't sit back even with a 3 goal lead hopefully they will battle for the full 90 minuites at Rotherham and come away with something

Haha and the next time were 3-0 up by half time will be........... :?
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:50 pm

ezz wrote:Haha and the next time were 3-0 up by half time will be........... :?

You have maybe hit it on the head there. Since we raised into the League we have not been prolific goalscorers and have relied on nicking a goal here and there from central defenders to clinch crucial points. Ok we got battered on a few occasions but we would often win by a 2.1 scoreline by nicking a goal and holding on to the lead. Conversely we would play it safe and then not come out of our shells until the opposition scored and only then go forward get an equaliser and maybe just scrape a win in the last minute, a la Grimsby :D

We have now, as has been mentioned from many quarters, collected our best set of players ever going forward and this in turn is leaving spaces behind. IMO the previous regime, as in the squad from previous seasons, are struggling to come to terms with being able to score freely and have the luxury of more than a one goal lead.

Also the tactics and the use of substitutes need to be used to there potential. It's ironic that we have "Bench" written across our shirts but don't seem to use it effectively.
marky No.1

Postby seasonsinthesun » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:44 pm

It's ironic that we have "Bench" written across our shirts but don't seem to use it effectively.[/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Return to General Discussion