"Shrimps Aiming to Stay Afloat"

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:22 am

Looks like our ambitions for the season have taken a knock :roll:

http://www.football-league.co.uk/league ... 08_1785520
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: "Shrimps Aiming to Stay Afloat"

Postby shrimper » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:27 am

marky No.1 wrote:Looks like our ambitions for the season have taken a knock :roll:

He's only being realistic and not mouthing off about what we're going to achieve. Privately there's no doubt he'll be wanting to do at least as well as last season and will believe that he has the squad to do that.

Now it's up to him and them to show it.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Christies Child » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:39 am

A totally realistic view from Sammy.

The main goal has to be staying in the league without question.

Starting life in the new stadium other than in the football league just isn't an option, no matter what needs to be done to secure our current status.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Abbo » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:50 am

Personally i think Sammy is now under a bit of pressure to deliver the goods now he has made a few signings, looking at the squad on paper we should have no problems but you never know and time will tell as they say ?????????
Abbo

Postby shrimper » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:03 am

Abbo wrote:Personally i think Sammy is now under a bit of pressure to deliver the goods now he has made a few signings, looking at the squad on paper we should have no problems but you never know and time will tell as they say ?????????

He's not daft.

You're right, he will feel that he's under pressure to deliver and we have a pretty tough few weeks coming up, fixture wise.

I'm confident he and the team can start putting some good results together, though, as they've always done in the past when faced with adversity, but it won't be easy.

November and December fixtures look a bit more 'winnable' (on paper) so it'd be nice to build up a head of steam with a few good wins against the odds before that and then carry on with a bit of momentum.

Stick my neck out time - I think we'll win on Friday!
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:21 am

shrimper wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:Looks like our ambitions for the season have taken a knock :roll:

He's only being realistic and not mouthing off about what we're going to achieve. Privately there's no doubt he'll be wanting to do at least as well as last season and will believe that he has the squad to do that.

Now it's up to him and them to show it.

You have that knack of putting it into "words" Glen. I for one came into this season considering League status to be the main aim and maybe anything after that a bonus. After the first 2 or 3 friendlies and with the injuries and knockbacks on signings not many were optimistic, then all of a sudden, as was shown on SV's with the League prediction table everyone (bar the usual culprits :lol: ) were aiming at L1 !

I think now, as you say, Sammy is able to be realistic, particularly as we have the formalities of Rochdale (H), Rotherham (A), Notts. County (H), Dagenham (A), Bradford (H) and Shrewsbury (H) (who all expect to be at least in the play offs) in the coming weeks :o

4 of the 6 are at home and there are 18 points up for grabs. We should be aiming to take at least 9, if not 10 points from this sequence otherwise we will be left behind I.M.O. This time last season we had 4 points and in the same League position if you disregarded the points deductions ~ this time we don't have that luxury ~ we followed that up with 4 draws and then THAT game in G!!!!^$H*^^ :!:

With the squad we have now, there is no room for excuses.

Anyway I'm still half full :D
glass1.jpg
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby George Dawes » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:17 pm

am glad he is acknowledging the situation we are in, although it is only early doors, and i totally agree with him over a the past couple of games now Bentley is back we look more organized

Artell & Bentley is the best central pairing we have defensively, although Haining is the best defender we have he's still new with his team mates
George Dawes

Postby B.H.C #3 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:29 pm

When i read the thread title I thought we were getting an Mfc Boat. :P
B.H.C #3

Postby eggchaser » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:00 pm

B.H.C #3 wrote:When i read the thread title I thought we were getting an Mfc Boat. :P

now theres an Idea! how about an MFC Hovercraft for the lifeboat station :!: :lol: :lol:
Football is a gentleman's game, played by thugs
and Rugby is a thug's game, played by gentleman
eggchaser

Postby Curly » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:00 pm

Apparently, Peter McGuigan has already built the new stadium, by himself, in about a month!
That's a fantastic effort that surely is some sort of single handed construction record :o
Next week he's going to build another bridge over the Lune and repoint some brickwork in the
evenings. :lol:
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby Mark S » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:02 pm

Bringing your work home with you again I see Curly! :D
Mark S

Postby Curly » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:06 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby morecambe mick » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:17 am

About time some peoples over inflated expectations were brought back down I say.

Well said Sammy.

:clap:

Div1 or sack the board!!!
morecambe mick

Postby eggchaser » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:39 am

morecambe mick wrote:
Div1 or sack the board!!!

:lol: Sly :!:
Football is a gentleman's game, played by thugs
and Rugby is a thug's game, played by gentleman
eggchaser