Trialist signs for Blackpool

Trialist signs for Blackpool

Postby Christies Child » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:41 pm

Former trialist Hudson the ex Rotherham midfielder who played a few pre-season games with us has signed on a 'Pay as you Play' deal for Blackpool along with Notts County reject Adam Nowland known for his frequent injury and lack of retaining fitness problems. Along with Larkin who has signed for Hartlepool it shows how different managers at different levels view players. To think that both Nowland and Hudson could go from being released by League 2 teams to a Championship club shows how desperate our near neighbours must be.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Trialist signs for Blackpool

Postby Abbo » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:01 pm

Hmm dont know about that CC
Abbo

Postby steve mfc » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:32 pm

To be fair Blackpool are not taking much of a risk on a pay as you play deal and Hudson must be a bit desperate to accept it.
steve mfc

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:41 pm

steve mfc wrote:To be fair Blackpool are not taking much of a risk on a pay as you play deal and Hudson must be a bit desperate to accept it.

i think now as players start to realise they are not going to get offered a contract at the clubs they would have liked to have signed for they are happy just to take anything that is offered to them rather than start the season without a club
heysham_mfc

Postby steve mfc » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:54 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:
steve mfc wrote:To be fair Blackpool are not taking much of a risk on a pay as you play deal and Hudson must be a bit desperate to accept it.

i think now as players start to realise they are not going to get offered a contract at the clubs they would have liked to have signed for they are happy just to take anything that is offered to them rather than start the season without a club

Yes i agree with what you are saying, in fact it must be soul destroying going from one club to another on trial and being rejected, especially when confidence is such a big part of a players game, and at the end of the day it is their livelihood.
steve mfc

Postby Harry » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:55 pm

Hudson looked a very good player for us and if we didn't have so many midfielders I suspect we would have signed him, however we had other priorities and this one was not to be.
Harry

Return to General Discussion