negative ned

negative ned

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:30 pm

Please if you don't mind could you give us your thought on Satursdays game i have noticed that you have not yet make a post since the game ;)
heysham_mfc

Re: negative ned

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:34 pm

We never won it so why encourage him, they could have easily had a penalty that was not given etc etc etc :roll:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Ned » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:59 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:Please if you don't mind could you give us your thought on Satursdays game i have noticed that you have not yet make a post since the game ;)

On the positive side I was impressed and there was some quality football and if we can add another striker we can be optimistic about the season. However I also agreed with many at the match about the last 10 mins being so typically us. Backing off, sloppy passing and just kicking the ball away was asking to be punished and we were.
It has happened before and when the support were willing the team forward it was dissapointing to see the opposite and I wonder why Sammy seemed content to let it happen.
There were several situations when Adams had the ball under control on the halfway line and instead of pushing forward he preferred to turn around and pass back to the keeper who in turn would then launch it forward which resulted in us giving possesion away.
Ned

Postby james456 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:01 pm

Well someone's in good form at least :roll:
james456

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:13 pm

On the positive side I was impressed and there was some quality football and if we can add another striker we can be optimistic about the season. However I also agreed with many at the match about the last 10 mins being so typically us. Backing off, sloppy passing and just kicking the ball away was asking to be punished and we were.
It has happened before and when the support were willing the team forward it was dissapointing to see the opposite and I wonder why Sammy seemed content to let it happen.
There were several situations when Adams had the ball under control on the halfway line and instead of pushing forward he preferred to turn around and pass back to the keeper who in turn would then launch it forward which resulted in us giving possesion away

thats football ned,time and place,i have got to admit you do have a point but would you have done any better if you were playing :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Peperami no. 1 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:41 pm

Simply Ned wrote:
heysham_mfc wrote:Please if you don't mind could you give us your thought on Satursdays game i have noticed that you have not yet make a post since the game ;)

It has happened before and when the support were willing the team forward it was disappointing to see the opposite and I wonder why Sammy seemed content to let it happen.
There were several situations when Adams had the ball under control on the halfway line and instead of pushing forward he preferred to turn around and pass back to the keeper who in turn would then launch it forward which resulted in us giving possesion away.

First post and I find myself agreeing with Ned which having read many posts makes me hang my head in shame! :oops:

Really enjoyable game, I would never judge a side on pre-season and one game. If we are to improve then we must learn from our mistakes. The league will be tight this season and a couple of draws from games we should have won could be the difference from a slight improvement to a miracle.

Lots of positives in the new signings and good to see Stanners back and looking hungry.
Peperami no. 1

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:00 pm

Hard to admit I know but this time i have to say that I agree with ned
heysham_mfc

Postby Mark S » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:48 pm

Had to tidy up personal insults again. Please feel free to trade these over PMs but not on the main board. Thanks!
Mark S

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:55 pm

personal insults ????
shrimpnsave

Postby outsider » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:58 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:personal insults ????

You need to be quick to catch them :?
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:02 pm

outsider wrote:
shrimpnsave wrote:personal insults ????

You need to be quick to catch them :?

haha no flys on this wall then :) :)
shrimpnsave

Postby Freez » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:24 pm

I have to take issue with the "Sammy was content to let it happen" idea. Simply not true, he was out of his dugout and screaming and waving for two or three minutes before the end, urging them to play in the Hereford half. They didn't, we know the rest.
Could be wrong, but I hear this was also the gist of his "animated discussion" with the entire squad in the centre circle at the final whistle!
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Return to General Discussion