Stadium Photos

Re: Stadium Photos

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:17 pm

roll on Monday then ;)
Blackburn shrimp

Postby mrg1309 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:19 pm

Blackburn shrimp wrote:roll on Monday then ;)

Which Monday?
mrg1309

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:20 pm

Blackburn shrimp wrote:roll on Monday then ;)

I thought we played on Saturday
heysham_mfc

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:49 pm

As we are all confused ~ In the Match Programme yesterday Brian Fagan stated that work starts on Monday 17th August 2009 and gave us a taster of the construction timetable as follows:

1st tasks will be to set up site logistics and install the main drainage system around the site.

24th August work will commence on the first of the piled foundation supporting the Main Stand but not much change will be visable.

12th October, foundations will be complete and work will start on the steel framework to form the superstructure of the Main Stand and within a few weeks this will start to take shape.

December ~ the wall cladding and decking out the roof will take place which should be complete for Christmas.

This is the first of a series of information feedbacks and updates will be given in the meantime before completion time On July 5th.

Also noticed that Glen will be interviewing Mr. McGuigan in the near future :D
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:45 pm

The most important bit of info for me would be 'when will the pitch go down'?

If it's last thing then there's no way it will have settled and be in any condition to stand a full season of soccer.

I've seen other stadia being built around the layed turf which has given it around 10 months or so to settle. The contractors place a hign fence around its perimeter and then build around it forbidding construction traffic or site workers to encroach onto the turf.

I'd be interested to hear the comments of the Project Team on this topic.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Mark S » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:17 pm

Christies Child wrote:
I've seen other stadia being built around the layed turf which has given it around 10 months or so to settle. The contractors place a hign fence around its perimeter and then build around it forbidding construction traffic or site workers to encroach onto the turf.

Just out of interest which ones Neil? I would be interested to find out if they believed it was a benefit.
Mark S

Previous

Return to General Discussion