Transfer window

Transfer window

Postby Christies Child » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:06 pm

Am I right in my thinking that the latest transfer window closes at the end of the month?

It will be interesting to see if the club who we are rumoured to be hoping to loan a further striker from will be prepared to let the player concerned come on a season long loan prior to the deadline.

And NO I haven't a clue who the player is, but I'm sure one or two do... ;) ;) ;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Transfer window

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:31 pm

Christies Child wrote:Am I right in my thinking that the latest transfer window closes at the end of the month?

It will be interesting to see if the club who we are rumoured to be hoping to loan a further striker from will be prepared to let the player concerned come on a season long loan prior to the deadline.

And NO I haven't a clue who the player is, but I'm sure one or two do... ;) ;) ;)

it is August 31st unless like last year it falls on Bank Holiday/Sunday etc and then they make it September 1st !

its farcical having a transfer window anyway. They create a falsely inflated market and there doesn't appear to be a good reason for having one other than to please Sepp Blatter.

Its like saying Marks and Spencers can only open at certain times of the year.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby eggchaser » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:11 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:
Christies Child wrote:Am I right in my thinking that the latest transfer window closes at the end of the month?

it is August 31st unless like last year it falls on Bank Holiday/Sunday etc and then they make it September 1st !

its farcical having a transfer window anyway. They create a falsely inflated market and there doesn't appear to be a good reason for having one other than to please Sepp Blatter.

Its like saying Marks and Spencers can only open at certain times of the year.

I agree in a way but I think the only way they could have transfers all year round would be to have salary caps or spending limits otherwise the manchester citys and Notts countys... of this world would just splash money about whenever a player gets injured for the long term they could just buy someone better.
Football is a gentleman's game, played by thugs
and Rugby is a thug's game, played by gentleman
eggchaser

Postby broadwayshrimp » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:39 pm

As I remember it the reason they brought the transfer window in was to stop teams, particularly those with money, from buying their way out of trouble if things turned pear shaped early on. I think the idea was to put the onus on the manager to assemble a good enough squad from the outset to be able to deal with the possibility of poor results. No bad thing to my mind.
broadwayshrimp

Postby marky » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:54 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:it is August 31st unless like last year it falls on Bank Holiday/Sunday etc and then they make it September 1st

It will be 1st September as the 31st August is a Bank Holiday :P
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Return to General Discussion