Larkin leaves

Larkin leaves

Postby Pandashrimp » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:38 pm

I heard today that although Sammy wanted to sign him, the board told him the wage budget wouldn't allow it and Larkin has had to leave. Is this true? If it is it puts an end to this new young striker being talked of untill the squad is trimmed.
Having a full budget this early is dangerous. What if we need to dip in to the loan market for a striker or an emergency keeper and we can't afford his wages?
Pandashrimp

Re: Larkin leaves

Postby Smeggy » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:47 pm

That's a shame I would of liked us to sign him but not at the expense of the 2 recent signings of Craney and Jevons.
Smeggy

Postby P/T Indie » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:54 pm

Doesn't suprise me we are up to 23 players in the squad which I would say is the maximum I am suprised we have gone that high after last year and I would think we are paying a bit for Jevons & Craney.

Still think our sqad should be about 20/21 with room for a couple of loan players later on.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby George Dawes » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:54 pm

P/T Indie wrote:Doesn't suprise me we are up to 23 players in the squad which I would say is the maximum I am suprised we have gone that high after last year and I would think we are paying a bit for Jevons & Craney.

Still think our sqad should be about 20/21 with room for a couple of loan players later on.

totally agree
George Dawes

Postby Little Shrimp » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:06 am

Larkin really impressed me when I saw him play. I think we should have signed hime instead of Winters or Jackson.
Little Shrimp

Postby DMC » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:29 pm

Shame- wont take many injuries for us to be struggling for goals again- don't think Wayne and Twiss have many goals in them at this level.
DMC

Postby George Dawes » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:46 pm

DMC wrote:Shame- wont take many injuries for us to be struggling for goals again- don't think Wayne and Twiss have many goals in them at this level.

maybe but at least we have a capable midfield what can provide now, and they allways say a good goal score can score at any level ;)
George Dawes

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:53 am

Little Shrimp wrote:Larkin really impressed me when I saw him play. I think we should have signed hime instead of Winters or Jackson.

I think Winters signed a conract to come to Morecambe before the end of last season
heysham_mfc

Postby Vinny » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:41 pm

After today's performance, get Larkin back! I know today was only a friendly and counts for nothing, but we showed little of the dynamic creative play that we showed we were capable of when we had Larkin playing for us. I could suggest a few of our squad who could be at least let out on loan to budget for Larkin. Or is there more to it :?
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:50 pm

Vinny wrote:After today's performance, get Larkin back! I know today was only a friendly and counts for nothing, but we showed little of the dynamic creative play that we showed we were capable of when we had Larkin playing for us. I could suggest a few of our squad who could be at least let out on loan to budget for Larkin. Or is there more to it :?

totally agree ;)
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:55 pm

The Barrow fans think Wayne Curtis is joining them on loan so that would suggest room on the budget is being made for a striker.

makes sense with him not even making the bench today.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:10 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:The Barrow fans think Wayne Curtis is joining them on loan so that would suggest room on the budget is being made for a striker.

Speaking to Wayne prior to the game, he's troubled by a painfull knee that restricts his actions but played at Lancaster to test it out.

Wayne wants to be a part of our club, especially with the new stadium in which he wants to continue to wear the red shirt.

I'd like to think he could partner Jevons but he hasn't played an out and out strikers role many times in the last 3 seasons.

As for his teatimonial.... :?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Vinny » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:51 pm

Christies Child wrote:
Heysham_Shrimp wrote:The Barrow fans think Wayne Curtis is joining them on loan so that would suggest room on the budget is being made for a striker.

Speaking to Wayne prior to the game, he's troubled by a painfull knee that restricts his actions but played at Lancaster to test it out.

Wayne wants to be a part of our club, especially with the new stadium in which he wants to continue to wear the red shirt.

I'd like to think he could partner Jevons but he hasn't played an out and out strikers role many times in the last 3 seasons.

As for his teatimonial.... :?: :?: :?:

Wayne has been a great player for us over the years, but a player troubled by a painful injury (knee or broken rib?) that restricts his actions is not helpful for the start of our season and with our tight budget situation, so may be, as a couple of seasons ago, Wayne could usefully rehabilitate with Barrow.

As for his testimonial ..... see the other thread viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4287
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby Smirnoff Please » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:56 am

CC everything you post has a question attached? You obviously spoke to Wayne today, did you discuss his testimonial? Please share with us his response. Using the emotion images just makes you look siily, or maybe its just me.
Why drink singles when you can order a double.......
Smirnoff Please

Return to General Discussion