Lancaster City v Morecambe updates

Re: Lancaster City v Morecambe updates

Postby Christies Child » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:06 am

Certainly was a disjointed team, but credit there goalkeeper with some fine saves and handling the crosses with confidence.

Stringfellow had Wayno under control for most of the night and until he went off with a leg injury, I thought some of the passes from GF were excellent. I wonder if he would be useful as a sort of mentor for the younger lads in the reserves? Although he might be looking for a full time contract.

NW needs a few more games to get him back to the form he had last season.

Jimbo's non appearance was more of a precaution I understand.

For those who wondered who the guy sat with Jimbo and Stanners in the stand was, he's an Aussie football agent and a former goalkeeper, who was involved in bringing BR to the club so he told a couple of us at half time. Evidently in touch with Sammy on a regular basis. At first we thought he may have been the mystery striker but evidently not. The news that Larkin isn't signing due to finance may suggest that no further incomers are envisaged. Alternatively it could suggest that money has been allocated for the additional striker? No doubt all will be revealed sooner or later.

City look to have put together a useful squad and I hope they do well.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Little Shrimp » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:02 am

The only 2 new people that impressed me were Poole and De Freitas.
Little Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:39 am

I thought it would have been a stronger team that that to be honest didn't know most of the team as the PA was cpap. does anyone know what the attendance was?
heysham_mfc

Postby steve mfc » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:06 pm

It should really have been advertised as a Morecambe XI, i spent most of the night trying to work out who we had playing for us.

Still at least Wayne and Neil Wainwright got a run out.
steve mfc

Postby ockers » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:02 pm

steve mfc wrote:It should really have been advertised as a Morecambe XI, i spent most of the night trying to work out who we had playing for us.

along with Ben Jackson Rory Winters Stewart Drummond and Barry Roche
together with Wayne Curtis and Neil Wainwright thats 6 first team squad
add in Gareth Farrelly and Matty Poole another in the first team squad takes it up to 7
we did the same thing last year at the axe with a mixed team
everyone needs a run out in preseason and Neil and Wayne playing their first match
i thought it was a very entertaining game and I'm sure Tony Hesketh will have found it a useful exercise as itdoes with giving the chance for Sammy and Mark to run their eye past a few of the young uns

expect a strong team from both sides tomorrow ahead of the real thing in a weeks time
ockers

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:49 am

steve mfc wrote:It should really have been advertised as a Morecambe XI, i spent most of the night trying to work out who we had playing for us.

yes but I suppose less people would have turned up to watch
heysham_mfc

Previous

Return to General Discussion