Gareth Farrelly

Gareth Farrelly

Postby Christies Child » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:59 pm

Despite only coming on for the final 20 or so, he did enough to suggest that his contribution to the squad could be invaluable.

He was directing and telling others around him what to do and some of his forward balls were excellent. His experience at a far higher level was evident.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Gareth Farrelly

Postby RedRedWine1 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:49 pm

Are you related to Gareth Farrelly?
RedRedWine1

Postby Christies Child » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:23 pm

RedRedWine wrote:Are you related to Gareth Farrelly?

No, I just say it as I see it.

If others disagree...no problem.

:) :) :)
Christies Child

Postby George Dawes » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:26 pm

id like him at the expense of Hunter, just loan him out on a season long loan so we don't have to pay his wages

we don't want to bigger squad, for obvious reason after last season
George Dawes

Postby Christies Child » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:49 pm

Interestingly there was a conversation last night as to what Sammy would do if and when he brings in this much rumoured younger striker to partner Jevons up front (6' plus and built like a brick *hit house would do fine :lol: ) so that Jevons can play off him. As it stands at the moment the squad is 23 players which is probably going to be a drain on the financial resources available. So it would appear that there may have to be loan deals done for certain players with interested clubs.

What I didn't realise was that clubs have not only to pay their loanees wages (or a percentage) but in certain cases they also have to pay a loan fee. Torquay are paying Peterboro a loan fee for Scott Randell which suggests that we had to do the same for Howe and possibly DC last season.
Christies Child

Postby nobbyshrimp » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:54 pm

Christies Child wrote:Interestingly there was a conversation last night as to what Sammy would do if and when he brings in this much rumoured younger striker to partner Jevons up front (6' plus and built like a brick *hit house would do fine :lol: ) so that Jevons can play off him. As it stands at the moment the squad is 23 players which is probably going to be a drain on the financial resources available. So it would appear that there may have to be loan deals done for certain players with interested clubs.

What I didn't realise was that clubs have not only to pay their loanees wages (or a percentage) but in certain cases they also have to pay a loan fee. Torquay are paying Peterboro a loan fee for Scott Randell which suggests that we had to do the same for Howe and possibly DC last season.

Craney/Jevons???
nobbyshrimp

Postby Christies Child » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:59 pm

Possibly, but it would be nice to think that the relationship that Mark appears to have with their Chairman may have gone some way to negate such a fee(s).

Just be thankfull that we didn't( :?: ) have to negotiate such deals with SV at Chester!
Christies Child

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:32 pm

I was thinking the other day when I heard that other clubs had put offers in for Craney & Jevons if the reason why Huddersfield still let them come to us was because we had paid a loan fee.

Peterborough have made quite a bit of cash out of loan players I think one of their players has paid back what they originally paid for him in loan fees.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:45 pm

DawZi wrote:id like him at the expense of Hunter, just loan him out on a season long loan so we don't have to pay his wages

we don't want to bigger squad, for obvious reason after last season

agree we don't want too many players on the books if we signed him we should send hunter out on loan
heysham_mfc

Postby The Red Knight » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:53 pm

It's all very well saying send this player or that player out on loan but we've seen in the past that when we've tried sending players out on loan we have had very little success in finding a club that is willing to take them.

I can only think of Wayne going to Barrow out of the senior players who have gone out to another club on loan.
The Red Knight

Postby DMC » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:44 pm

I personally would go with a guy younger at the begining of his career, don't think he will add anything we have not aready got
DMC

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:11 pm

P/T Indie wrote:Peterborough have made quite a bit of cash out of loan players I think one of their players has paid back what they originally paid for him in loan fees.

That was Rene Howe I believe.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion