The Strangest Thing

The Strangest Thing

Postby Mark S » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:46 am

Watching BBC News 24 last night in bed around 12.30 am. I was reading the scrolling banner at the bottom of the screeen when I had to take a double take. The Headline was

'A wedge of cheese launched into the upper atmosphere has returned to Earth and been taken into Police custody'
:shock:

I swear thats what it said. I waited until it came around again to make sure I wasnt hallucinating and got a witness (The wife) to validate what I was seeing. I can find no trace of any cheese related altitude frolics on the BBC website (In fact I felt a bit daft typing it into the search bar). Did anyone else see this? :?
Mark S

Re: The Strangest Thing

Postby Gnasher » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:51 am

Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Mark S » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:53 am

:shock: :shock:

At least I wasnt going mad. :)
Mark S

Postby Abbo » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:23 am

It showed the take off on yesterday mornings news on the beeb
Abbo

Postby Christies Child » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:29 am

Mark S wrote:Watching BBC News 24 last night in bed around 12.30 am. I was reading the scrolling banner at the bottom of the screeen when I had to take a double take. The Headline was

'A wedge of cheese launched into the upper atmosphere has returned to Earth and been taken into Police custody'

I swear thats what it said. I waited until it came around again to make sure I wasnt hallucinating and got a witness (The wife) to validate what I was seeing. I can find no trace of any cheese related altitude frolics on the BBC website (In fact I felt a bit daft typing it into the search bar). Did anyone else see this? :?

The height of opulence......

......it's good though.... ;) ;) ;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Christies Child » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:29 am

Mark S wrote:Watching BBC News 24 last night in bed around 12.30 am. I was reading the scrolling banner at the bottom of the screeen when I had to take a double take. The Headline was

The height of opulence......

......it's good though.... ;) ;) ;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Return to General Discussion