Pre-season - right now!

Pre-season - right now!

Postby sgt major » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:08 am

So, what is all this about?
I'm sat in the York watching West Ham v Spurs at 11am in the morning from China!!!!!! Followed at 1.30pm by Hull City v The Mighty Beijing - madness or a great marketing exercise?????
sgt major

Re: Pre-season - right now!

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:11 am

That's why they don't need that extra overseas game they already play enough games abroad.

Surley these far east tours aren't good for pre season training the players will be knakered from travelling and they are hardly testing themselves against quality opposition so it's not great preperation.

Lets see how many weeks we get into the season before they start complaining about fixture congestion and tiredness.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Dazzer » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:25 am

P/T Indie wrote:

Surley these far east tours aren't good for pre season

No they're not. But they are great for shirt sales, and that's why they do them.
Dazzer

Postby The Fury » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:28 am

sgt major wrote:So, what is all this about?
I'm sat in the York watching West Ham v Spurs at 11am in the morning from China!!!!!! Followed at 1.30pm by Hull City v The Mighty Beijing - madness or a great marketing exercise?????

We might ask you the same thing! :geek:
The Fury

Postby sgt major » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:44 am

The Fury wrote:
sgt major wrote:So, what is all this about?

We might ask you the same thing! :geek:

Fury - you may well ask me but I wont reply as I dont know who you are!!!!
sgt major

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:41 pm

personally I think these free season tours against these teams are all for publicity and getting more fans surly the players will not benifit from traveling have way around the world and back 2 1/2 weeks before a new season
heysham_mfc

Postby wonder shrimp » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:49 pm

it's not done manchester united any harm previously! and i think arsenal don't do pre-season outside of europe, and that's not been a big help to them lately either.

at the end of the day these teams earn a few million from TV rights and tickets sales from these tours, and that is what counts. the PR and shirt sales is just icing on the cake
wonder shrimp

Return to General Discussion