Aaron Taylor

Aaron Taylor

Postby Little Shrimp » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:44 am

What are your thoughts on him because to be honest, he's not good enough. In the Huddersfield game he was jumping for headers about 2 feet away from the ball. I think he should definitely be sold or released.
Little Shrimp

Re: Aaron Taylor

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:47 am

definitely neither sold or released !!

I think a years loan at no lower than the Conference would improve him no end and toughen him up.

Maybe Barrow , I dont think there are many Conference clubs up North now.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:05 am

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:definitely neither sold or released !!

I think a years loan at no lower than the Conference would improve him no end and toughen him up.

workington Blyth?
heysham_mfc

Postby Number 1 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:14 am

Little Shrimp wrote:What are your thoughts on him because to be honest, he's not good enough. In the Huddersfield game he was jumping for headers about 2 feet away from the ball. I think he should definitely be sold or released.

That's a bit of a naive comment. Although I realise you're young.

Sometimes, if you know you're not going to beat your marker for a header, the next best thing is to make sure he doesn't head cleanly and you pick up the second ball. That might have been the tactic there. Strange as it may seem, football isn't always about the ball.
Number 1

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:28 am

heysham_mfc wrote:

workington Blyth?

They are Conference North.

I dont think he should be lower than Conference National.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Mark S » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:49 am

Aaron Taylor is the most exciting home grown prospect we have had for a long time. His time will come and I am sure Sammy has big plans for him.
Mark S

Postby Crooky MFC » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:56 am

He's only young, and let's remember that he's only ever played reserve team football before coming into the side last season. Give him a loan to somewhere local in the Conference and it will do him the world of good. Theres no use in sending him to anywhere lower than Conference National because that would be just like playing Reserve team football again.
Crooky MFC

Postby Christies Child » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:38 am

With Sammy having looked at (and rumoured still to be lookng at) a loan deal for a young league striker, maybe we should be looking at doing the reverse with Aaron. As things stand his footballing education will be severly restricted this season with us if Sammy gets in who he wants. Therefore the logic is that Aaron's future will be best served by going out on a season long loan to say Barrow or another Conference club. Another season of reserve team soccer and life on the bench serves nobody any good for the long term.

A season in the rough and tumble of the Conference will be excellent for all concerned.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:40 am

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:
heysham_mfc wrote:

workington Blyth?

I dont think he should be lower than Conference National.

ok then what about barrow, Alty and York ;)
heysham_mfc

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:27 pm

Christies Child wrote:going out on a season long loan to say Barrow

I can imagine the wheels will be well oiled for the mean dealing machine to get into operation after the game on Saturday when our "wares" have been on display :roll:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:57 pm

Maybe Barrow , I dont think there are many Conference clubs up North now.[/quote]
workington Blyth?[/quote]

I dont think he should be lower than Conference National.[/quote]
ok then what about barrow, Alty and York ;)[/quote]

I did mention Barrow in my first reply.

Dont think he would benefit for playing for an outfit like Alty , there like an up market Lancaster City !

York are quite a distance away and are investing in Gash as well as having Brodie so Aaron would be down the pecking order there
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:14 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:I think a years loan at no lower than the Conference would improve him no end and toughen him up.

workington Blyth?[/quote]

I dont think he should be lower than Conference National.[/quote]
ok then what about barrow, Alty and York ;)[/quote]

I did mention Barrow in my first reply.

Dont think he would benefit for playing for an outfit like Alty , there like an up market Lancaster City !

York are quite a distance away and are investing in Gash as well as having Brodie so Aaron would be down the pecking order there[/quote]
Yeah I agree Barrow is the best option if he goes out on loan they are looking for a striker so im sure the barrow management might well be keeping an eye on him next weekend
heysham_mfc

Return to General Discussion