New Manager?

New Manager?

Postby P/T Indie » Mon May 20, 2024 1:15 pm

It's all very quiet on the new manager front since Rod said there had bene lots of applicants, not even any rumours flying around and I'm struggling to find odds on who the bookies think it will be, normally the sack race website has something.

Have we all just given up hoping there is someone in the pipeline or have we just all given up thinking about it until we get some confirmation that we will even have a club next season.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Re: New Manager?

Postby RedRedWine » Mon May 20, 2024 2:09 pm

Whilst delighted that we have signed Gwion Edwards to potentially a three year deal, and Stuart Moore who looked steady and improving prior to injury - I must say that it was a surprising development given as far as I'm aware the club remains under a transfer embargo, and is also manager-less. I think it was rumoured both players had been offered deals by Ged and were hoping to re-sign. Given that Ged has now vacated - could we assume that the contract offers have been signed-off by a potential new manager?
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby black morse » Mon May 20, 2024 2:31 pm

RedRedWine wrote:Whilst delighted that we have signed Gwion Edwards to potentially a three year deal, and Stuart Moore who looked steady and improving prior to injury - I must say that it was a surprising development given as far as I'm aware the club remains under a transfer embargo, and is also manager-less. I think it was rumoured both players had been offered deals by Ged and were hoping to re-sign. Given that Ged has now vacated - could we assume that the contract offers have been signed-off by a potential new manager?

Can't assume anything with this club.....you ought to know that by now! ;)
black morse

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Mon May 20, 2024 2:49 pm

The embargo is still in place , however you can re-sign existing players and "staff up" to 23 players as I understand it.

I would be amazed if the board hadn't got a potential manager in place ready to announce and who is giving the nod to any deals.

It really would be nice to have some sort of Club Announcement from the directors of what they can tell us. Maybe there is nothing that they can tell us though !
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Redalert1970 » Mon May 20, 2024 4:52 pm

How do you the embargo is still in place
Redalert1970

Postby marky No.1 » Mon May 20, 2024 5:00 pm

I heard Drummy is stepping up
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby black morse » Mon May 20, 2024 5:11 pm

marky No.1 wrote:I heard Drummy is stepping up

If that's right I guess that means we have no new money coming in so no nearer a new owner hence a bit nearer administration.
black morse

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Mon May 20, 2024 5:38 pm

Redalert1970 wrote:How do you the embargo is still in place

It was in one of Dave Salmon's twitter tweets yesterday. He also mentioned that there would be no more nice surprises on the released/retained list like we had with Edwards and Moore and that also was correct.
Last edited by Gone_Shrimping on Mon May 20, 2024 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby P/T Indie » Mon May 20, 2024 5:46 pm

I never know if Marky is joking or not!

P/T Indie

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Mon May 20, 2024 5:50 pm

P/T Indie wrote:I never know if Marky is joking or not!

I am hoping he is joking at this time. That would have the sat nav's looking at the Vanarama in 2025/26 !
Gone_Shrimping

Postby redrobo » Mon May 20, 2024 6:02 pm

Drummy with Neil Wainwright as his assistant would be a huge gamble BUT with no money to go big what other choice does our BoDs have.

I'm not totally against it and in some ways it's time for the pair to step up and see what they can do.

With the experience of Edwards on the pitch he could guide and advise the younger ones assuming that we go down the road of 'you never win anything with youth' which is there to be knocked on its head from the off.

Don't forget that GB was Accy's under 21 manager with no experience of managing in the EFL and he didn't do that badly did he.... :!: :!: :!:

Assuming that the rumour has any truth about it..... :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby Angler1 » Mon May 20, 2024 6:16 pm

So out of all those applicants for the managers position, the best option is drummy, so Basically it's the cheapest option again. This probably means no new owner too.
Angler1

Postby redrobo » Wed May 22, 2024 4:13 pm

Pure speculation on my part but is it possible that the hoped for sale of our club to the American consortium is linked in with the appointment of a new manager... :?: :?: :?:

DA was optimistic about an American take over and seemed to imply that he would be their prefered manager going forward under the new ownership.

Is it possible that all of the above will happen..... :?: :?: :?:

I'd welcome such a development despite not being a fan of DA's style but there is no argument that he has been our best ever manager in the current decade.

For me Ken Waterhouse will always remain my favourite
redrobo

Postby Redalert1970 » Mon May 27, 2024 5:18 pm

Wonder if we will have a new manager in place this week

Maybe sale of the club

Maybe new players

Maybe new CEO

Ah well I better wake up and get to my night shift
Redalert1970

Postby marky No.1 » Mon May 27, 2024 5:33 pm

P/T Indie wrote:I never know if Marky is joking or not!

I wasn't joking, clearly that hasn't happened, but neither has anything else. The Board must be itching to know what goes on in this Trust meeting.
I can imagine Rod standing outside in the corridor with his ear to the door
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Wild Bill » Mon May 27, 2024 5:52 pm

Surely this is the week when everything becomes clear and we can prepare for next season.

Ideal scenario is a sale is being rubber stamped and a manager, head of recruitment and chief executive are waiting in the wings.

If this doesn't happen, we then have to promote from within. Hopefully drummy and Co to pull together a squad to survive another season in L2.

Whateveris going on, we have a busy summer ahead.
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby Billy bodger » Mon May 27, 2024 6:07 pm

I left Whitby on Sat morning with that seagull still on the nest that I posted about somewhere on this platform. For three days I was in Whitby it was on top of the house behind our B&B, it didn’t move.

I left Whitby on Sat morning with that seagull still on the nest I posted about it somewhere on this platform thinking will it move before there is some movement at Morecambe FC.

Well seagulls are on the nest for 3 weeks the chicks usually appear at the beginning of June, what will happen first the chicks appear or Morecambe sold?
Billy bodger

Postby Relapsed_Shrimp » Mon May 27, 2024 6:44 pm

Was at the ground today, lots going on upstairs. People coming and going not associated with the tournament.
Relapsed_Shrimp

Postby redrobo » Thu May 30, 2024 9:43 am

Sounds as though the club are being proactive in looking far and wide for a new manager with David Healy being mentioned in this article.

https://therealefl.co.uk/2024/05/29/for ... e-two-job/
redrobo

Postby Redalert1970 » Thu May 30, 2024 9:58 am

Surely not ... looks like a Morecambe tie lol lol
Attachments
20240530_105709.jpg
20240530_105709.jpg (125.23 KiB) Viewed 3365 times
Redalert1970

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Thu May 30, 2024 9:59 am

redrobo wrote:Sounds as though the club are being proactive in looking far and wide for a new manager with David Healy being mentioned in this article.

I would be amazed if the new manager isn't someone with previous connections to Morecambe.

Dave Salmon says the "managerial situation has progressed" in one of his tweets.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Born again Bill » Thu May 30, 2024 10:45 am

Gone_Shrimping wrote:
redrobo wrote:Sounds as though the club are being proactive in looking far and wide for a new manager with David Healy being mentioned in this article.

I would be amazed if the new manager isn't someone with previous connections to Morecambe.

Dave Salmon says the "managerial situation has progressed" in one of his tweets.

Thinking the same someone waiting in the wings to see if the mess gets resolved . Maybe someone who stills remains unattached !!
Born again Bill

Postby redrobo » Thu May 30, 2024 2:13 pm

Michael Flynn the former Newport County Manager appears to have been made an offer to become Cheltenham's new manager which if true could lead the way clear for David Healy to be a serious contender for our vacant manage's position.

I know some would like JC to be the man in charge but for me it's between DA and DH at the moment but with no resolve to our off field problems the prospect of a new manager at the moment is some way off I would imagine.

:?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby P/T Indie » Thu May 30, 2024 2:19 pm

Well if you had the choice of 2 jobs you wouldn't choose us!

P/T Indie

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Thu May 30, 2024 2:23 pm

P/T Indie wrote:Well if you had the choice of 2 jobs you wouldn't choose us!

At the moment if it was the choice of 1 job you wouldn't choose us :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gone_Shrimping

Next

Return to General Discussion