Return to non league?

Return to non league?

Postby redrobo » Tue May 21, 2024 11:06 am

Would a return to non league (National League?) be such a terrible thing to even contemplate :?:

For me if that means survival of our club in a highly competitive league then so be it.

There would be a loss of substantial EFL sponsorship money BUT it would (hopefully) get rid of the current owner and enable our club to operate on a more sustainable footing... :?: :?: :?:

Our support base has grown considerably over the last decade and a new younger fan base has witnessed only EFL football so would a return to the National league (assuming that is where we would return to) affect their continued support :?: Some would no longer attend matches but i would hope that the majority would remain.

For me the survival of my club is of greater importance than struggling in the EFL and all its added costs that may not apply in non league.

What do others think... :?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Re: Return to non league?

Postby Old Man Kensey » Tue May 21, 2024 11:16 am

We won't get a choice where we end up in the end.

Jason comes good with the money and we limp on in the EFL.

Jason sells and we carry on with a better outlook in the EFL, although personally I don't think this will happen.

We go into Admin and someone gets us on the cheap. The points deduction would more than likely have us back in the world of non-league football once more.

We go into Admin and nobody makes and offer then we won't even exist in any league as the current club. Morecambe Bay Pirates vs Ramsbottom anyone?

The new season starts in 81 days, whatever needs to happen needs to happen fast. It can take 3-5 weeks for a new owner to go through EFL tests, that doesn't leave much time to get a manager and squad sorted.
The thrushes' bleeding battle with the wrens
Disrupts my reverie again
Old Man Kensey

Postby John L » Tue May 21, 2024 3:24 pm

I'll just be happy to watch "Morecambe FC" on a Saturday afternoon with our friends, whichever division/league it's in.
John L

Postby Billy bodger » Tue May 21, 2024 6:04 pm

If it’s in League one it might not be on a Saturday afternoon, because of the Sky deal Sat is no longer the only day games will be on. If it’s in non league we don’t get as much Sky money so double edged sword.

For myself I would rather watch League football, I think how things are panning out it could be that we start next season on minus points because we are heading for administration unless JW sells or has a massive turn of financial fortune.

That in turn means it will be so hard to stay in League 2, but the silver lining is most likely the administrators will hopefully be able to sell the Club and we can all wave JW goodbye However you all individually want to.
Billy bodger

Postby Scouseport_Shrimp » Tue May 21, 2024 6:08 pm

John L wrote:I'll just be happy to watch "Morecambe FC" on a Saturday afternoon with our friends, whichever division/league it's in.

Me too.....but at the moment I'm teetering with Scouseport. At least Jimbo will keep me connected. :o
Scouseport_Shrimp

Return to General Discussion