Silence just isn't golden

Silence just isn't golden

Postby Hodgie1978 » Sat May 11, 2024 4:24 pm

The silence from our club is really frightening. Now I know that behind the scenes the board are fighting every hour for this club but I do feel our fans are being let down by lack of information on what the hell is going on behind the scenes
I noticed that Jason spoke to the BBC Hereford and Worcester reporter yesterday to deny that they are part of the Junction 6 Ltd who are trying to get Worcester warriors
Would love radio lancashire to talk to Jason but he keeps refusing .
The Board should just spill the beans now because honestly what harm can it do?
Hodgie1978

Re: Silence just isn't golden

Postby Redalert1970 » Sat May 11, 2024 4:42 pm

Not been negative but I think are finished just the same way Worcester Warriors went

Such a shame that 1 man can destroy so much
Redalert1970

Postby Argumentative » Sat May 11, 2024 4:53 pm

The silence from our club is really frightening. Now I know that behind the scenes the board are fighting every hour for this club but I do feel our fans are being let down by lack of information on what the hell is going on behind the scenes

Genuine question. What are the goings on behind the scenes have anything to do with you as a fan. The bond group own majority shares in an entertainment company. The board are running an entertainment company. As a customer of an entertainment company you have no right to know anything anymore than you have a right to know how much the dukes theatre has in the bank just because you go to the theatre. I cannot understand this mentality. Can someone enlighten me without resorting to abuse.
Argumentative

Postby Hodgie1978 » Sat May 11, 2024 4:57 pm

The fans are the heartbeat of the club. ..not Jason the shyster
Not the board... (who are fantastic at our club)
The fans deserve more end of story.
Hodgie1978

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat May 11, 2024 5:09 pm

There aren't many fanbases in the country who would have behaved as well as ours have. We have put up with so much and have asked very little in return.
BerlinWaller

Postby Hodgie1978 » Sat May 11, 2024 5:12 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:There aren't many fanbases in the country who would have behaved as well as ours have. We have put up with so much and have asked very little in return.

Worcester warriors fans
Hodgie1978

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat May 11, 2024 5:16 pm

Hodgie1978 wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:There aren't many fanbases in the country who would have behaved as well as ours have. We have put up with so much and have asked very little in return.

Worcester warriors fans

I have been speaking to a WW fan on and off and he says that most of their fans have just found other things to do on match days. Some watch football and others have gone to other RU clubs. They were also a fairly young club compared to us, they didn't have the hardcore fanatics you get at football clubs.
BerlinWaller

Postby black morse » Sat May 11, 2024 5:32 pm

Hodgie1978 wrote:The silence from our club is really frightening. Now I know that behind the scenes the board are fighting every hour for this club but I do feel our fans are being let down by lack of information on what the hell is going on behind the scenes
I noticed that Jason spoke to the BBC Hereford and Worcester reporter yesterday to deny that they are part of the Junction 6 Ltd who are trying to get Worcester warriors
Would love radio lancashire to talk to Jason but he keeps refusing .
The Board should just spill the beans now because honestly what harm can it do?

Are you sure that would do no more harm than has already been done. e.g. If we were told the absolute truth it may put of even more fans buying season tickets, or put off possible managers and players. It also might provoke Jason from even funding the most basic need. There must be a reason why the Board are not giving out the full information now not just that they don't need to!
black morse

Postby Billy bodger » Sat May 11, 2024 7:25 pm

Argumentative wrote:The silence from our club is really frightening. Now I know that behind the scenes the board are fighting every hour for this club but I do feel our fans are being let down by lack of information on what the hell is going on behind the scenes

Genuine question. What are the goings on behind the scenes have anything to do with you as a fan. The bond group own majority shares in an entertainment company. The board are running an entertainment company. As a customer of an entertainment company you have no right to know anything anymore than you have a right to know how much the dukes theatre has in the bank just because you go to the theatre. I cannot understand this mentality. Can someone enlighten me without resorting to abuse.

The Dukes Theatre is not owned by a businessman, so it’s a bad comparison!, but I get the gist of your post. I would think with how the Dukes is funded customers and other interested people would like to know what’s going on.

What EVER a business is it has to be run properly, honestly and open to public scrutiny (customers included), and it has to prove it is run properly, honestly and open to public scrutiny.

I’m not sure this is a good comparison, but take what happened at the Post Office and what that business did to its Post Master’s and Mistresses show what happens when a business is not run properly, honestly or open to public scrutiny and here is the point, if a business remains secretive about its actions who know’s what is happening, the way you put your argument, there should never be scrutiny.

If you get my gist, without scrutiny and accountability things may be hidden.

With Morecambe FC, especially as it’s up for sale I think it’s only right not everything comes out, it’s not necessary and may hinder the sale (which apparently everyone wants!). I don’t believe the fans are asking to know everything, they want assurances through an outline of the events, which at this time are actually hard to give, so it’s a conundrum!

I would thou be more than happy to read anything that may in the future be written about what went on with the move from Christy Park to the new stadium at Westgate, (Globe Arena). I’m sure that would be an interesting read, as a customer or just an interested person.

If my memory serves me right in the main the supporters (customers) were against it, yet the Club went ahead with the move.

Maybe thats just a load of rubbish, but some people don’t want to know every dot on the paper while others would never ever pick it up.
Billy bodger

Postby Weetabix Kid » Sat May 11, 2024 7:51 pm

Football is just a business now and doesn't care about the fans. Hope everyone who bought a season ticket did so by credit card...
Weetabix Kid

Postby Argumentative » Sat May 11, 2024 8:22 pm

Hi Billy.
I get the gist of your argument and thanks for it. You make some good points. How the business is run is only relevant to whoever wishes to either buy it or invest in it not the customer. However you are correct in stating that the business has to be open to some extent if they wish their customers to pay upfront for a service (ie fans buying season tickets ) that they may not be able to deliver or is of a sub standard as this is a major consideration of buying the said ticket. I am sorry about the Dukes comparison as I realise it is funded differently but it was the principle I was trying to get over. Some on here though want to know everything that is going on and demand this and that from the board like how much is the VAT owed. It’s none of their business to know the figure but I again agree with you the club should be clearer if the dept is threatening the survival of the business but is that cutting their own throat?
The customers need to let the board get on with it and if it goes awry well that’s experience for you.
Argumentative

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Sat May 11, 2024 8:38 pm

Of course fans are entitled to know how shambolic the finances of the club are including the extent of the vat owed. Also fans are entitled imo to know how this vat bill came about The club is not a secret society!Secrecy is not an option when board and fans need to work together to try to save the club although the silence and the continuing embargo suggest the club is going under.
fulwoodshrimp

Postby Redalert1970 » Sat May 11, 2024 8:42 pm

Totally agree Fulwood

Going under and very quickly
Redalert1970

Postby Argumentative » Sat May 11, 2024 8:48 pm

Hi Fulwood
Your point is purely an emotional one and has no basis on reality. Do you ask the 10s or 100,s of company you use for their financial records ? I think the balance of probability on that one is no. Why is MFC any different. The question is about openness which in reality does not happen. How many companies take money just before they go under I can think of hundreds. So back to my point you have to make a choice if a company is worth investing in as a customer. What the directors of the business do to that business is nothing to do with the customer.
Argumentative

Postby Hodgie1978 » Sat May 11, 2024 9:13 pm

To compare a Football Club to a theatre is just ridiculous.
Supporting your local team can't be compared to anything. It grips you. It takes over your life. The friends you make, the memories, ups and downs.
Maybe it's just me but if we go under and we've done nothing but put our trust in the board because we believed it would sort its self out ....
Hodgie1978

Postby Argumentative » Sat May 11, 2024 9:34 pm

To compare a Football Club to a theatre is just ridiculous.
Supporting your local team can't be compared to anything
Ok then. I will compare it to any sporting event, any festival, any concert, the ballet, an opera going to a pub etc etc etc. they are all forms of entertainment just like football nothing more or less. Any of these events may grip you and evoke emotions, you can make friends at ether one of them, make memories all of what you said. What distresses me by what you describe by taking over your life sounds really unhealthy.
Genuine concern.
Argumentative

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat May 11, 2024 9:39 pm

Argumentative wrote:To compare a Football Club to a theatre is just ridiculous.
Supporting your local team can't be compared to anything
Ok then. I will compare it to any sporting event, any festival, any concert, the ballet, an opera going to a pub etc etc etc. they are all forms of entertainment just like football nothing more or less. Any of these events may grip you and evoke emotions, you can make friends at ether one of them, make memories all of what you said. What distresses me by what you describe by taking over your life sounds really unhealthy.
Genuine concern.

Is that you Jason?
BerlinWaller

Postby Wild Bill » Sat May 11, 2024 9:42 pm

I get the lack of information on the sale but I find it a bit of a slap in the face the lack of information on recruiting a new manager, retained list and other key recruitment.
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby Argumentative » Sat May 11, 2024 9:46 pm

Hi Waller

You should be a detective. Not.
Here’s me thinking you were the voice of reason on here and you go and spoil it. Shame on you.
Argumentative

Postby Argumentative » Sat May 11, 2024 9:51 pm

Bill that’s exactly my point. I agree with you. The company needs to give the customer the information they need to make an informed decision to use the service it provides. I am no business man but it seems to me that the two things are linked. You cannot predict the future without some basis to predict upon. If the company has no money to recruit how do they do that. If the company cannot generate cash and the shareholders don’t put their hands in their pockets it’s impossible.
Argumentative

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat May 11, 2024 9:54 pm

Argumentative wrote:Hi Waller

You should be a detective. Not.
Here’s me thinking you were the voice of reason on here and you go and spoil it. Shame on you.

Colin?
BerlinWaller

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Sun May 12, 2024 6:03 am

I feel sorry Mr Argumentative that you don’t seem to understand the emotional attachment that fans have for their club and their involvement in its life. The shrimps have built up the fan base massively and to see the club’s problems and lack of any communication is distressing to fans who want to help in their own small way. I can understand silence if negotiations are taking place but I can’t understand no explanation of the vat fiasco, no comments about the embargo and no news about the playing side of the club.
fulwoodshrimp

Postby Zippy » Sun May 12, 2024 7:50 am

Argumentative wrote:The silence from our club is really frightening. Now I know that behind the scenes the board are fighting every hour for this club but I do feel our fans are being let down by lack of information on what the hell is going on behind the scenes

Of course this is a Company and the statutory requirements for reporting to Companies house the EFL are clearly defined , so there is no Mandatory requirement for Disclosure to the customer Base :

However , businesses who do not carry there customers with them , will leave open the prospect of them taking custom elsewhere . Businesses who seek offer pre-payment for services with question marks over ongoing service delivery will leave the prospect of cash flow diminished . And businesses whose employees and voluntary workers, donors are also customers , need communicate to keep the former involved and enthusiastically engaged . In reality Its not about rights to know , its about good business practice and engagement and what's right to do. Having said that , the circumstances and the risks the board are trying to manage are not transparent to those on the sidelines , and there may be compelling reasons that information flows are constrained .

Not to mention at all the endless speculations and bad jokes the communications void supports. toodle pip
Zippy

Postby Keith » Sun May 12, 2024 8:25 am

fulwoodshrimp wrote:I feel sorry Mr Argumentative that you don’t seem to understand the emotional attachment that fans have for their club and their involvement in its life.

He understands. He's a troll. Rod Taylor has frequently referred to Morecambe FC as "the heart of the community", so I'll take his word for it.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Argumentative » Sun May 12, 2024 9:21 am

Keith
lol
Is that the best you can do. Pathetic
Argumentative

Next

Return to General Discussion