Expectations for season 2024 / 2025

Expectations for season 2024 / 2025

Postby redrobo » Fri May 03, 2024 9:26 am

I think our expectations for next season are pretty low with survival being a success.

Whoever the manager will be his success at developing a match winning squad playing attractive attacking football will be significant when our expectations are low.

Imagine coming to our club and achieving something out of the current shambles. He or she would be high on the wanted list of many clubs. So it may well be that we could be looking for yet another manager this time next year.

As for who that maybe....the guessing game is in overdrive.

Allan Nixon where are you when your insider knowledge generates the usual wild speculation. :?: :lol:
redrobo

Re: Expectations for season 2024 / 2025

Postby black morse » Fri May 03, 2024 10:10 am

redrobo wrote:I think our expectations for next season are pretty low with survival being a success.

Whoever the manager will be his success at developing a match winning squad playing attractive attacking football will be significant when our expectations are low.

Imagine coming to our club and achieving something out of the current shambles. He or she would be high on the wanted list of many clubs. So it may well be that we could be looking for yet another manager this time next year.

Allan Nixon where are you when your insider knowledge generates the usual wild speculation. :?: :lol:

Survival UP TO the start of next season would be a success for me at the moment :roll:
black morse

Postby redrobo » Fri May 03, 2024 10:22 am

black morse wrote:
redrobo wrote:I think our expectations for next season are pretty low with survival being a success.

Survival UP TO the start of next season would be a success for me at the moment :roll:

Now there speaks a man or woman of wisdom.

One of a dieing breed on this forum. :lol: :lol: :lol:
redrobo

Postby Billy bodger » Fri May 03, 2024 10:43 am

My Expectations are that Jason (only bloke in the world) finally sees that he cannot sell the club. He put it up for sale in League One we are now in our second season in league two and in an awful mess.

Well if he doesn’t take an offer soon where will we be and once again the clubs price has plummeted.
Billy bodger

Postby Redalert1970 » Fri May 03, 2024 11:03 am

Having a club tomorrow or next week is a success never mind next season
Redalert1970

Postby redrobo » Fri May 03, 2024 11:46 am

Redalert1970 wrote:Having a club tomorrow or next week is a success never mind next season

I'm mildly confident that there will be a Morecambe FC but what league we are in is the worry.
redrobo

Postby vvm » Fri May 03, 2024 1:09 pm

At this moment in time my expectation is that we are relegated or just scrape survival.

We've lost our manager, CEO and first team analyst in the last few weeks. We've got one player contracted beyond the end of this month. We will likely be given another points deduction to start next season with after paying wages late and we are also under an embargo. Ok we probably weren't paying transfer fees anyway but this seems to have some kind of impact on players signing contracts.

Chances are we promote David Fitzgerald to first team manager, we promote as many youth as we can and flesh out the rest of the squad with journeymen and loans. That's the way I see it going unless there is a big development in the next few weeks.
vvm

Postby Weetabix Kid » Fri May 03, 2024 2:04 pm

AFC Morecambe Town to steam roll the North West Counties 1st Division ;)
Weetabix Kid

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri May 03, 2024 2:19 pm

Weetabix Kid wrote:AFC Morecambe Town to steam roll the North West Counties 1st Division ;)

Wouldn't be next season. There's a deadline for applications.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Redalert1970 » Fri May 03, 2024 3:22 pm

Another week gone by and still no news about the sale or the embargo or the retained list

Ah well maybe next week
Redalert1970

Postby Wild Bill » Fri May 03, 2024 4:35 pm

I am definitely a 'glass half full' type. However, I really fear our league status next season.

Best case scenario is probably administration soon, Jason out and an experienced manager like Adams or Coleman bought-in to fight for survival after a points deduction.

Got my season ticket and keeping everything crossed!
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Fri May 03, 2024 4:39 pm

Blimey I'm expecting us to stroll this tinpot league two! In two seasons time we could be holding a local Derby versus Blackburn rovers in league one!! Now, Where's me tablets ;)
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby black morse » Fri May 03, 2024 5:55 pm

Westgate Wanderer wrote:Blimey I'm expecting us to stroll this tinpot league two! In two seasons time we could be holding a local Derby versus Blackburn rovers in league one!! Now, Where's me tablets ;)

You need stronger tablets pal! :lol:
black morse

Postby Billy bodger » Fri May 03, 2024 10:25 pm

black morse wrote:
Westgate Wanderer wrote:Blimey I'm expecting us to stroll this tinpot league two! In two seasons time we could be holding a local Derby versus Blackburn rovers in league one!! Now, Where's me tablets ;)

You need stronger tablets pal! :lol:

Or a better Crystal Ball!
Billy bodger

Postby Keith » Sat May 04, 2024 9:36 am

First goal is being in League Two next season. As I understand it, the deal with the National League was, they have to accept any club that is rejected from the EFL for financial reasons (not clubs that have gone bust, so forced out, and reformed, like Bury). If the EFL aren't confident that we can complete the season, they could reject us.

Second goal is whether we go into administration or not? Preference has to be 'not'. There will be suppliers etcetera who would be adversely affected by us going into administration. But then, we'd be starting on -12 points, which will pretty much guarantee relegation next season. However, the longer the circus continues, the more likely administration becomes, and possibly the only way to get Whittingham out.

Obviously, ideally, we need him to sell the club ASAP and give the new owner, and new manager, a period of stability pre-season to develop a squad that can compete in League Two.

Right now, I'll be delighted with third from bottom next season. I await the 'Delusional Crew' telling me I lack ambition, but not actually saying what they anticipate.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Little Shrimp » Sun May 05, 2024 10:29 am

We'll be an EFL club for 24/25, we just might start on -12 points and be playing a team half made up of teenagers.

Managed to grab time to listen to Rod's full interview and one of the many things he highlights is the need for this sale to be done at a serious pace now. If it's done within a couple of weeks before the end of May, yes we'll have lost a bit of ground on other teams but we still could probably have a fair crack at building a side that has a good chance of staying up at least.

Any longer and whether or not Jason pays the wages or we go into administration etc, we're going to be so far behind the other teams that it will be a serious struggle, even without a points deduction.
Little Shrimp

Return to General Discussion