Club Value

Club Value

Postby Redalert1970 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:03 pm

Don't know if this as been asked before ..but how much is the club worth / how much is Jason willing too accept

Does anyone apart from Jason actually know the answer
Redalert1970

Re: Club Value

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:31 am

I believe rumour has it that the club is worth around the 2 to 2.5 million mark. The owner apparently wants around 6 to 6.5 million. He is in cloud cuckoo land.
fulwoodshrimp

Postby skeletor » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:25 am

There is a half million pounds to add on the price, that goes to P Mcguigan
skeletor

Postby Wild Bill » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:41 am

How can the club be worth anything when it loses money and has no real saleable assets? Jason just needs to let go and pass on someone who can plug the hole whilst attempting to increase revenues and make more efficient
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby Ispyshrimp » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:48 am

The club will be almost worthless if it goes into administration, there are very little assets and the administrators will just recover money for the creditors

No one will be willing to match Jason's valuation and especially not now when they can pick it up on the cheap once the administration starts
Ispyshrimp

Postby Keith » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:34 am

I've often wondered if Whittingham remaining utterly unrealistic is a hangover from the Sarbjot debacle? Sarbjot made a fantasy offer, and Whittingham has held this as the target, because he believed Sarbjot's valuation. As a result, he's never entertained realistic offers?

Completely guessing that. And it would suggest that Whittingham was a completely deranged numpty, rather than the astute businessman he surely is...
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby SouthernFriedShrimp » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:48 am

I've often wondered if Whittingham remaining utterly unrealistic is a hangover from the Sarbjot debacle? Sarbjot made a fantasy offer, and Whittingham has held this as the target, because he believed Sarbjot's valuation. As a result, he's never entertained realistic offers?

That does sound a likely explanation Keith.
But as you say, what that suggests ...
Couldn't possibly, be true.
Could it?
SouthernFriedShrimp

Postby Wild Bill » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:49 am

Pretty convinced Sarbjot and Jason were in cahoots. Either to smoke out Fury in a bidding war or to use MFC for other purposes. Jason is rumoured to have a big tax bill, so will want millions to clear this and give him a wedge to walk off into the sunset.
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby CityShrimp » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:54 am

Keith wrote:I've often wondered if Whittingham remaining utterly unrealistic is a hangover from the Sarbjot debacle? Sarbjot made a fantasy offer, and Whittingham has held this as the target, because he believed Sarbjot's valuation. As a result, he's never entertained realistic offers?

Completely guessing that. And it would suggest that Whittingham was a completely deranged numpty, rather than the astute businessman he surely is...

I was under the impression that Jason needs a certain amount for the club in order to clear his debts, so not necessarily down to greed. Doesn’t change the outcome for the club unfortunately.
CityShrimp

Postby KenH » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:01 am

Keith wrote:I've often wondered if Whittingham remaining utterly unrealistic is a hangover from the Sarbjot debacle? Sarbjot made a fantasy offer, and Whittingham has held this as the target, because he believed Sarbjot's valuation. As a result, he's never entertained realistic offers?

Very easy to get sucked down that rabbit hole. Lots of business owners "fall" for unrealistic valuations given by business brokers to basically con them into signing up and paying upfront selling fees, they then can't face reducing asking prices as they see it as "losing" money.

Same happens with home owners who get suckered in by unrealistic estate agents who give stupidly high valuations, and likewise see any reduction as "losing" money.

The thing is people who get suckered like that can end up "losing" even more if they never sell their business at all, or end up chasing a falling market.
KenH

Postby Billy bodger » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:54 pm

KenH wrote:

Very easy to get sucked down that rabbit hole. Lots of business owners "fall" for unrealistic valuations given by business brokers to basically con them into signing up and paying upfront selling fees, they then can't face reducing asking prices as they see it as "losing" money.

Same happens with home owners who get suckered in by unrealistic estate agents who give stupidly high valuations, and likewise see any reduction as "losing" money.

The thing is people who get suckered like that can end up "losing" even more if they never sell their business at all, or end up chasing a falling market.

Like buying an early bird season ticket, that type of thing are you on about??
Billy bodger

Postby Billy bodger » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:01 pm

KenH wrote:

Like paying £199 for your early bird season ticket before yesterdays announcement, is that type of thing your on about
Billy bodger

Postby Keith » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:34 pm

KenH wrote:[

That's exactly the kind of thing I was thinking of.

Sabjot: "I'll give you seven-million for the club"
Whittingham: "Deal"
Sabjot: "I've not actually got seven-million"
Whittingham: "That's a shame, I'm sure someone else will give me that much"
Sensible Wealthy Person: "I'll give you two million-pounds for the club"
Whittingham: "No chance, it is worth seven-million pounds, and I'm not accepting anything less"
Sensible Wealthy Person: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Okay, if you say so... ...bye-bye.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby redrobo » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:04 pm

I still believe that there is a local business Consortium ( including former Directors :?: :?:) waiting in the wings but Jason seems unprepared to discuss a reasonable offer for his shares with them or anybody else.

If the club go into Administration does he have to call for that or can the current BoDs do it without his permission... :?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby Keith » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:13 pm

redrobo wrote:If the club go into Administration does he have to call for that or can the current BoDs do it without his permission... :?: :?: :?:

I may be wrong, but my interpretation is that creditors call in the debt, which forces Administration. HMRC or a bank, for example, calling in a bad debt to get as much as they can.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:35 pm

redrobo wrote:I still believe that there is a local business Consortium ( including former Directors :?: :?:) waiting in the wings but Jason seems unprepared to discuss a reasonable offer for his shares with them or anybody else.

If the club go into Administration does he have to call for that or can the current BoDs do it without his permission... :?: :?: :?:

I think if the club goes into administration then the administrator is the top banana and sells the club for the best price he can for the creditors' benefit.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby P/T Indie » Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:46 am

If we went into administration would that mean that all directors would then be blacklisted from being a director in the future?
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Billy bodger » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:37 am

Once again if we go into administration it is a 12 point penalty, not always applied straight away.
This probably means we start next season on -12points as this season has now finished.

As pointed out, that means another season getting about 60+ points before the deduction to end up on a relatively safe 48+ points.

With that in mind would it be best to limp on, we will end up with the team we can muster anyway!

If we went into administration Would the administrator get all his work done in the closed season and if he doesn’t what position will we be in. Most of all, who would we end up with as the new owner?

For me if the local consortium of business people would be best option for our club and I would hope they would bring in the fans by letting them also have a share of owning their Club.

The alternative and once again when balancing everything up against all the pro and cons of the situation is it best to take what comes our way? just to get rid of Whittingham??

I would think all our other problems will still be there wouldn’t they???

Well first we have to pass that test of going into administration and are we in that position?

As Ged said we go in on Monday morning and we see what happens.

That is when things will hopefully start to became more clearer, but don’t hold your breath!
Billy bodger

Postby black morse » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:15 am

I suspect we will be told on Monday that we are releasing all but one of our contacted players and perhaps the manager. Other than that I'm not expecting to be told much! Oh Joy!
black morse

Postby P/T Indie » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:49 am

And keep the faith trust the board and whatever you do no protests.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Argumentative » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:50 am

For me if the local consortium of business people would be best option for our club and I would hope they would bring in the fans by letting them also have a share of owning their Club.
Oh Billy don’t mention this as Keith will scorn you as when I mentioned this I was talking bollocks.
Still a good idea better than Keith’s stroll along the prom.
To quote Keith.
How did that work out then.
Argumentative

Postby Billy bodger » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:57 am

Argumentative wrote:For me if the local consortium of business people would be best option for our club and I would hope they would bring in the fans by letting them also have a share of owning their Club.
Oh Billy don’t mention this as Keith will scorn you as when I mentioned this I was talking bollocks.
Still a good idea better than Keith’s stroll along the prom.
To quote Keith.
How did that work out then.

Well Argumentative if that’s the case, then Keith must learn when you resort to that you are losing the argument!

I do like it thou when you two disagree.
Billy bodger

Postby Argumentative » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:59 am

Yes Keith is very disagreeable
Argumentative

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:26 pm

P/T Indie wrote:If we went into administration would that mean that all directors would then be blacklisted from being a director in the future?

Torquay United in Conference South have recently gone into administration so that should give us an idea of what happens.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Angler1 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:31 pm

Would a local consortium have the financial clout to support the club financially?.
Angler1

Next

Return to General Discussion