Embargo

Re: Embargo

Postby Redalert1970 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:42 pm

The EFL don't care about us or any other club to be fair
Redalert1970

Postby black morse » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:23 pm

black morse wrote:
Billy bodger wrote:It could be lifted for all we get to know!!

We'll no doubt hear something from Ged in his prematch interview. As for 'not being of a serious nature' we've heard that one before. If it is really not serious then the EFL should let us know before the end of the season.

Ged has said he knows no more than we do and is waiting for Buggerlugs to get back to him. :roll: :evil:
black morse

Postby Redalert1970 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:23 pm

Good luck with that Ged

Personally don`t think Ged will be here next season but hope i am proved wrong
Redalert1970

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:52 am

Rumours are accy want him back..... bye then
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby red shrimp » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:24 am

Westgate Wanderer wrote:Rumours are accy want him back..... bye then

Fingers Crossed!
red shrimp

Postby Billy bodger » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:23 am

Under an EFL Embargo a Club can staff up, so they have 23 players professional standing within their squad. They can staff up so they can fulfill their obligations. They can only sign players without a Club or bring in players loan.

Clubs cannot pay fees to acquire a loan player or top up wages of a player signed on loan.

There are Budget restrictions and other minor rules restricting the number of out of contracted players they can sign. One of these is a loan player cannot play against its parent Club.

As I have said that does not affect the Club to much because they cannot afford to buy a player from another Club.

Surley someone at Morecambe FC know’s this yet silence still abounds. GED didn’t infuse me in his interview about what the Embargo means. It must evolve around the wages players are asking for, but that’s normal again anyway when you have limited funds like Morecambe.

He also changed tact from’I will be here if they want me’, to ‘who knows what’s going to happen’.

No wonder people are wondering if they should get a season ticket or not, the board really do need to make a statement to clarify the situation and hopefully it will smooth the fears the fans have.
Billy bodger

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:34 am

red shrimp wrote:

Fingers Crossed!

Agreed. Maybe John Coleman could be the man.

It would be nice to have a statement from the club about the Embargo.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby black morse » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:39 am

Gone_Shrimping wrote:
red shrimp wrote:

Fingers Crossed!

Would it be nice to have a statement from the club saying they have no idea what's going on? That may well be the case :roll:
black morse

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:39 am

Fingers Crossed![/quote]

It would be nice to have a statement from the club about the Embargo.[/quote]

Would it be nice to have a statement from the club saying they have no idea what's going on? That may well be the case :roll:[/quote]

The embargo was due to a dispute with HMRC regarding V.A.T. so I would think an update would be possible to tell us if this had been satisfied and how close we are to having the embargo lifted.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby twosheds » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:11 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:Fingers Crossed!

The embargo was due to a dispute with HMRC regarding V.A.T. so I would think an update would be possible to tell us if this had been satisfied and how close we are to having the embargo lifted.

Have a listen to Rod on this weeks Shrimps podcast...
twosheds

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:36 am

In the podcast Rod says we paid the VAT money to "a 3rd party" and we are waiting to get the money back to pay HMRC.
Who is this 3rd party?
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby redrobo » Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:42 am

marky No.1 wrote:In the podcast Rod says we paid the VAT money to "a 3rd party" and we are waiting to get the money back to pay HMRC.
Who is this 3rd party?

Why can't this 3rd party pay HMRC direct.... :?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby black morse » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:08 am

marky No.1 wrote:In the podcast Rod says we paid the VAT money to "a 3rd party" and we are waiting to get the money back to pay HMRC.
Who is this 3rd party?

Exactly Mark. I always understood that the Vat was paid by the purchaser to the supplier and it was the supplier's responsibility to pay it to HMRC. A third party called 'the supplier'. A supplier of what? Why is their identity so secret? This is the info I'd like from the board.
black morse

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:00 pm

The question about how much the debt is was asked at the recent Trust meeting with the board.

The board wouldn't disclose the amount but said it was substantial "and too much to find down the back of the sofa" !

It would be interesting to know what was supplied to incur such a huge amount of V.A.T. !
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Billy bodger » Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:30 pm

If money is sent to you by mistake you should report it to your bank! I Wonder if the third party has done this?
You cannot keep the money accidentally deposited into your account, IT MUST BE RETURNED.
Failing to report or return the money may result in legal consequences, like criminal charges.

So a good few weeks have elapsed since the error and with what Rod said on Shrimps podcast, it has not been returned.

Now you don’t pay out a substantial amount of money to every Tom, Dick or Harry, so who was it we paid this amount VAT money too? Besides the error in payment I take it was of money monies owed to the supplier for whatever they supplied to the Club.

Rod did not say anything about a time scale, but I hope a strong letter requesting the money back has already been sent, with a date to complete the transaction or they will be reported to the proper authorities as it is stoping the Club from moving forward. Time is being lost and players may well leave that we may have kept.

Just why has the company or person/persons not rectified the situation, we are not a club who can pay out substantial amounts of money twice in the hope you get back the first amount of money.
Billy bodger

Postby black morse » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:14 pm

I don't get this at all! Do you pay VAT on loans? If so, when do you pay it and to whom? Is this also connected with Buggerlugs?
black morse

Postby shrimpsontoast » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:29 pm

Maybe the club were defrauded and they’d rather not admit it. Fell for an email out of the blue saying “send your VAT money to this account instead”, or something like that.
shrimpsontoast

Previous

Return to General Discussion