Hull and Luton after Carlos

Hull and Luton after Carlos

Postby redrobo » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:01 pm

It's reported that both Hull and Luton are after our £500K rated star Carlos...

http://d3d4football.com/morecambe-set-t ... -attacker/
redrobo

Re: Hull and Luton after Carlos

Postby Keith » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:26 pm

Let's hope for a bidding war!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby redrobo » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:56 pm

Keith wrote:Let's hope for a bidding war!

Let's hope nobody meets our valuation and we keep him for another season. We have to keep and attract as many players as possible capable of playing at a higher level. It's fine going for younger players but we need experience not untried ones at EFL level.
redrobo

Postby Bristol Shrimp » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:57 pm

And a sell on clause.
Vi er røde, vi er hvide, vi står sammen, side om side!
Bristol Shrimp

Postby Little Shrimp » Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:13 pm

redrobo wrote:
Keith wrote:Let's hope for a bidding war!

Let's hope nobody meets our valuation and we keep him for another season. We have to keep and attract as many players as possible capable of playing at a higher level. It's fine going for younger players but we need experience not untried ones at EFL level.

Then he goes for free next summer. That's unless we tie him to a longer contract, which would be quite unlikely given the known interest in him. No thank you.

He's done a brilliant job and it will be tough to replace him. We basically have a choice of getting £500k this summer and doing it now, or getting nothing and still just having to replace him next summer. I do not want a situation like Randell Williams at Exeter.

It'll be sad to see Carlos go but I resigned myself to it happening quite a long time ago! He also deserves a shot in the Championship, I'd love to see him be successful there.
Little Shrimp

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:22 pm

£500,000 is realistic with CMG having 1 year left on contract.

If we offered him an improved contract next Summer we would be entitled to a development fee unless he goes to Scotland like McGowan and then we get Jack Shit. Rangers were interested before they knew he had a year to run so they would want him for free.

I would be surprised if he kicks off the new season with us.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby black morse » Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:52 pm

I agree with LS we should take the money now with a sell on clause. Best for him and best for the club.

As we are getting the other lad on loan from Hull maybe talks have already been going on and it's part of a deal?
black morse

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:55 pm

Carlos is going to go and it is just a case of the club managing it and getting the best deal for the club. Keeping him for another year and losing him for free is a crack pot idea. Let him go with our blessing and free up some funds for SR to improve the squad.
BerlinWaller

Postby redrobo » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:12 pm

Can understand the logic of Carlos going this summer but we need as much experience of EFL football as we can get to see us through this season. With Carlos gone it diminishes our chances of seeing us through this first season. That is unless we sign players with experience of EFL1 football which for me is crucial.
redrobo

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:18 pm

redrobo wrote:Can understand the logic of Carlos going this summer but we need as much experience of EFL football as we can get to see us through this season. With Carlos gone it diminishes our chances of seeing us through this first season. That is unless we sign players with experience of EFL1 football which for me is crucial.

Carlos has had one full season at league 2 level, hardly a veteran.

Get the money and let SR reinvest some in to the squad. Why would you let your prized asset go for nothing?
BerlinWaller

Postby jbc.shrimp » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:35 pm

I remember a quote that used to appear on S/V's, 'in Jumbo we trust'. The only thing that changed was Jumbo to D.A. Why don't we keep the changes going and just say 'in Robbo we trust' to do the right thing ?
jbc.shrimp

Postby jon MFC fan » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:43 pm

Maybe stop reading paper transfer rumors cause most of them are absolute trash
better redthan dead
jon MFC fan

Postby Redalert1970 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:09 pm

If we get 500k with sell on clause it would be a fantastic deal

Shows how far we have come as a club when we are talking about half a million for one of our players
Redalert1970

Postby Shrimp Girl » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:41 pm

The twitterverse is now talking about £650k, so don't look too eager for £500k :D
Shrimp Girl

Postby RapidShrimp » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:01 pm

jon MFC fan wrote:Maybe stop reading paper transfer rumors cause most of them are absolute trash

You’re the one talking “absolute trash”. When journalists comment on a Morecambe transfer/bid, there’s always something in it, because we don’t have enough weight as a club for journalists to make things up and risk their reputation.

Alan Nixon is the one reporting this - he’s already leaked us signing Jones, Songo’o leaving to Bradford, us keeping Cole, and those are only examples from the last couple of weeks alone.
RapidShrimp

Postby Redalert1970 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:15 pm

Like I said earlier anything 500k plus we need to snap their hand lol off

We could really build with that sort of money

Would be a big loss of course but players of quality have left the club before and we have always coped in fact we have probably improved
Redalert1970

Postby Redalert1970 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:21 pm

This was taken from the Cardiff City fans forum….

The Sun journalist Alan Nixon has revealed that Morecambe would be set to demand a fee of around £500,000 for their in-demand forward Carlos Mendes Gomes this summer.

Mendes Gomes enjoyed an excellent campaign in League Two for Morecambe last season and the attacker played a pivotal role in helping them earn promotion to League One for the first time in their history. In total, the 22-year-old managed to fire in 16 goals and provided five assists in his 46 appearances last season.

Football League World previously revealed that there are a number of teams that are interested in making a move for Mendes Gomes during the summer transfer window.

It is believed that the likes of Cardiff City, Swansea City, Sunderland, Hull City, Peterborough United, Barnsley, Huddersfield Town and Luton Town are all in the race for his signature.

Further reports from the Scottish Sun outlined that Scottish Premier League champions Rangers are also interested in potentially making a move to sign Mendes Gomes after his impressive campaign for Morecambe in League Two.

The latest update from The Sun journalist Nixon reveals that Morecambe are going to want in the range of half a million for their star attacker this summer. While it also added that they would be hoping to have as much of that fee guaranteed as possible.
Redalert1970

Postby Keith » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:23 pm

I had hoped for £750k +sell on, preferably going to a Championship & Premiership side.

Even £500k would be a fantastic amount for us to spend on developing a side capable of establishing ourselves as a League One side.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby redrobo » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:27 am

There's a suggestion that Hull should consider a further loan of one of their players as part of any deal for Carlos.

Sorry Hull but for me it's cash only...NO FURTHER ONE YEAR LOAN DEAL for Carlos. If you want him then the asking price STARTS at £500K minimum.

https://the72.co.uk/239995/comment-hull ... e-starlet/
redrobo

Postby Keith » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:44 am

redrobo wrote:There's a suggestion that Hull should consider a further loan of one of their players as part of any deal for Carlos.

Sorry Hull but for me it's cash only...NO FURTHER ONE YEAR LOAN DEAL for Carlos. If you want him then the asking price STARTS at £500K minimum.

It doesn't say they are reducing their bid, it is keeping the same bid but adding another loan player.

We could have additional payments for future development, for example, appearing in the Premier League etc, which would be more likely with Hull.

Personally, I hope we've seen Carlos in a Morecambe shirt for the last time and that he has a fantastic career elsewhere. Now it is a matter of getting the best deal for Morecambe from him.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby redrobo » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:44 am

Actually you can read it both ways.

1 To be part of any agreement in other words reduce the asking price but take their player on loan...

OR

2 To take their player on loan in addition to the quoted £500K fee.

I'd much prefer the 2nd option but the fee for Carlos starts at £500K CASH....

:) :) :)
redrobo

Postby Martin » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:06 pm

Keith wrote:
redrobo wrote:There's a suggestion that Hull should consider a further loan of one of their players as part of any deal for Carlos.

It doesn't say they are reducing their bid, it is keeping the same bid but adding another loan player.

We could have additional payments for future development, for example, appearing in the Premier League etc, which would be more likely with Hull.

Personally, I hope we've seen Carlos in a Morecambe shirt for the last time and that he has a fantastic career elsewhere. Now it is a matter of getting the best deal for Morecambe from him.

That's a bit harsh. We may want to buy him back when we get to the Premier League! ;)
Martin

Postby Keith » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:12 pm

Martin wrote:That's a bit harsh. We may want to buy him back when we get to the Premier League! ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Not getting too giddy are we??? :D :D :D

Who else keeps thinking 'Ipswich? Sunderland? Sheffield Wednesday?????'

A few years ago, my then boss moved to Sheffield. His son was getting in to football, but didn't have a club, so my boss said he would take him to Sheffield Wednesday as a team for him to support. He used to take the p**s out of me for supporting Morecambe. I messaged him to suggest we meet up next season!

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:43 pm

It's amazing to think back 20 years. Little Morecambe had to fight to stay in the Conference that season and we beat Cambridge United in the FA Cup which seemed like beating Real Madrid at the time. Then we played Premier League Ipswich Town , 5th in the top division at the time with players of the calibre of Marcus Stewart etc.
And next season we are playing in a league on par with Ipswich , Cambridge , Sunderland , Sheffield Wednesday etc.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby jon MFC fan » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:55 pm

RapidShrimp wrote:
jon MFC fan wrote:Maybe stop reading paper transfer rumors cause most of them are absolute trash

You’re the one talking “absolute trash”. When journalists comment on a Morecambe transfer/bid, there’s always something in it, because we don’t have enough weight as a club for journalists to make things up and risk their reputation.

Alan Nixon is the one reporting this - he’s already leaked us signing Jones, Songo’o leaving to Bradford, us keeping Cole, and those are only examples from the last couple of weeks alone.

I dont really read newspapers honestly and yes i'm trash like the british media likes to point out endlessly
better redthan dead
jon MFC fan

Return to General Discussion