Orient 2 Morecambe 0 LIVE iFollow Thread

Re: Orient 2 Morecambe 0 LIVE iFollow Thread

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:56 pm

jbc.shrimp wrote:Down to 9th !!!!!!???????
There's a phrase we don't hear very often!
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby dannymorc1 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:56 pm

Can we come back? No, even worse for the goal difference! 87 minutes of defending and then lose two goals. Not our best 'day at the office'.
dannymorc1

Postby Slanester » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:58 pm

A game where the plan was going great, should have been 2-0 up, and undone by an og. Orient, all the procession, created buggar all, and lady luck helps them to a win. Disappointing, but as usual for me.........NEXT. COYS.
Slanester

Postby Born again Bill » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:01 pm

Still games in hand on most above us but we need to get back in winning ways , maybe the Chelsea didn't do the team any good !
Born again Bill

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:02 pm

Not a great performance today. Defended well generally and did some decent attacking in the second half but not quite at the levels we saw throughout December. We generally give the opposition more of the ball which is fine, but I think we went a bit too far with that today - not sure if we were still stuck in Chelsea mode.

I don't think we categorically deserved to lose. We came with a game plan, executed it relatively well but didn't punish when we had our moments and fell back a bit too much at times. Orient didn't really have any really big chances (goal was even an OG), but did deserve something from the game I thought. Draw probably would have been fair enough - our chances were better but they had more of the game, especially in our final third.

Need to show the energy and zip we had in December when getting the ball. With our COVID break, it was a bit of a wait to see if we'd come back well rested or if our momentum would tail off. Looks like it's the latter unfortunately.
Little Shrimp

Postby redrobo » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:03 pm

jbc.shrimp wrote:Down to 9th !!!!!!???????

Disaster.... the end is nigh....will not do.....not good enough....

I know SACK THE MANAGER...... Bloody hell everybody....so we are down to 9th...this time last season we were looking to avoid relegation.....If anyone had said that we'd be 9th at the start of 2021 we'd have taken that with open arms....

COYS

:roll: :roll: :roll:

:)
redrobo

Postby Keith » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:09 pm

jbc.shrimp wrote:
Keith wrote:Always a dangerous game, playing deep for a 0-0. We probably deserved a draw and possibly even could have gone ahead, but we can't really argue, we were too negative.

Were we playing for a 0-0 draw ?????

Didn't you think so? Stockton off for Diagouraga was a clear indication that not conceding was more important than scoring.

They were lucky to win, but we didn't deserve to win. A 0-0 would have been acceptable and we may have snatched something but really, aiming for a goalless draw is always dangerous.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby RapidShrimp » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:11 pm

You simply can’t play with that game-plan and then miss the glaring chances when you DO manage to break on the opposition - Songo’o’s miss was dreadful! Ultimately, the tactics were okay, and it looked like we’d be getting a good point out of the game, considering every other game in the league (apart from Barrow’s) ended all-square.

Taking the positives, we are only down to joint 8th on goal difference, and only 5 points off the top, with everyone else, other than the top two, having played a game or two more than us.

Onto Walsall back on home soil on Tuesday, and hopefully with Gibson & Davis back in the side!

On Keith’s post, I don’t think we were playing for a 0-0 to be honest - we’ve done very similar for a lot of this season and then come out the blocks in dying embers of the game to take the points home. I have to agree, though, that the subs were odd, but maybe that was only because Derek expected us to have scored by then (e.g. with Songo’o), so he had to change up the plan?
RapidShrimp

Postby Screenster » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:13 pm

A poor result, and not one of our best performances. Some will say we were a bit negative and maybe we were but before the game I would've taken a point and we almost got it. We're still ell within reach of playoffs and our home form this season has been better than our away form, so I fancy us Tuesday. COYS!
Screenster

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:17 pm

Keith wrote:
jbc.shrimp wrote:
Keith wrote:Always a dangerous game, playing deep for a 0-0. We probably deserved a draw and possibly even could have gone ahead, but we can't really argue, we were too negative.

Were we playing for a 0-0 draw ?????

Didn't you think so? Stockton off for Diagouraga was a clear indication that not conceding was more important than scoring.

They were lucky to win, but we didn't deserve to win. A 0-0 would have been acceptable and we may have snatched something but really, aiming for a goalless draw is always dangerous.

Definitely weren't playing for a 0-0 draw. My impression was to get to 0-0 at HT (which we did), then come out with a bit more in the second half (which we did). Unfortunately, our best chance to score was Songo'o through on goal on his left foot! I think the Stockton sub did show that DA was looking to take the point, but this was only with 10 mins left. I'm not sure I agree with us going striker-less but I don't think this indicated we played for a 0-0 draw overall.
Little Shrimp

Postby alicanteshrimp » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:26 pm

If we are going to progress, the attitude was all wrong, they where leyton orient not chelsea, but we are not looking at relegation so what do i know?
alicanteshrimp

Postby Keith » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:26 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:Definitely weren't playing for a 0-0 draw. My impression was to get to 0-0 at HT (which we did), then come out with a bit more in the second half (which we did)... ...I think the Stockton sub did show that DA was looking to take the point, but this was only with 10 mins left. I'm not sure I agree with us going striker-less but I don't think this indicated we played for a 0-0 draw overall.

I broadly agree, but that means we were only looking to score for 35 minutes of a 90 minute game. Stockton had no chances in the entire game and was defending more than attacking.

We could have snatched a goal, in fact, we had a few clear chances. If it had worked and we'd won 0-1 we'd all be saying it was a genius move by Derek. And if we'd attacked and lost 3-1 we'd all be suicidal!

Two goals flattered Orient and we probably deserved 0-0. A fluke of a first goal, then a sucker punch when we were suddenly throwing players forwards.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Slanester » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:29 pm

No disrespect to Songo’o, as he is now a key player for us, but any of our forward players, would have more than likely scored both the opportunities he had. It would have been game plan executed perfectly, win the game, 3pts in the bag. As usual, a bit of “ if my aunty had b@lls, she’d be my uncle,” but that bit of luck in the game went against us. Definitely not playing for a draw IMO.
Slanester

Postby Slanester » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:12 pm

Orient forum....” Thus far, this has been a magnificent away performance. Defending in numbers, not giving anything away, solid. Hitting on the break, unlucky not to be in front.” Doesn’t change the result, but a good summary from an away fan. UNLUCKY being the key word.
Slanester

Postby Slanester » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:55 am

Just a bit of (sad case) info. The Shrimps procession over our last 10 lge games is approx 43%, which is identical to league leaders Carlisle, also 43%.
Last edited by Slanester on Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slanester

Postby black morse » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:14 am

Fortunately most of our 'rivals' could only draw yesterday. So long as we get back to winning ways against Walsall there are still a number of points to be gained in January
black morse

Previous

Return to General Discussion