Current Squad

Re: Current Squad

Postby CityShrimp » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:37 pm

Very happy with the players who have re-signed so far. All of them are ball playing footballers which is a good sign for next season.
CityShrimp
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:03 pm

Re: Current Squad

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:48 pm

It is nice seeing players coming back after their contracts have expired rather than doing ok for us and then buggering off somewhere else. It helps create a bond between players and fans when they stick around for a few years.
BerlinWaller
 
Posts: 1290
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:42 am

Re: Current Squad

Postby Ntini » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:57 pm

jbc.shrimp wrote:
Ntini wrote:If we could re-sign the following I would be extremely happy:
- Halstead
- Roche
- Mills
- Mingoia
- Collins
- Bennett/Stockton

Obviously we might not be able to get them all for various reasons, but if we could sign those or equivalent players then we have a very solid and exciting team for next season.


Mongolia still has a season left at Accy. I'd love to see him back, but could we afford to break his contract, or take him on a season's loan.

Having finished their inaugural season in a very respectable mid-table position, I'd imagine Accy will want to push on and improve on their squad for next season. If they didn't think Mingoia was good enough for their squad last year, then I imagine they'd want to free up his wages to make way for new signings.
It may well be that's a mutual termination or another loan spell. Either way I'd welcome him back.
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
User avatar
Ntini
 
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:37 pm
Location: Back home

Re: Current Squad

Postby Bare bum » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:47 pm


jbc.shrimp wrote:

Mongolia still has a season left at Accy. I'd love to see him back, but could we afford to break his contract, or take him on a season's loan.

marky No.1 wrote:

I liked him on the Outer wing


:) first quip about that country on here I'll wager

You Lanbattor, you
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum
 
Posts: 685
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:00 pm

Re: Current Squad

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:26 pm

Lol
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
User avatar
marky No.1
 
Posts: 19239
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:09 pm
Location: Carnforth

Re: Current Squad

Postby black morse » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:01 am

Don't know about everyone else but I find this time of year particularly tortuous waiting to see what the squad is going to consist off in the coming season. This time it seems worse as we finished so well giving us hopes of a pretty good season. I can imagine how worrying it must be for Jim if he doesn't know who is going to re-sign and who isn't. How does he know which positions to try to fill?. One can only hope that those who are looking for another club have notified him of their intent.
black morse
 
Posts: 2931
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:59 am
Location: South Devon

Re: Current Squad

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:06 am

Cole Stockton signs for the Shrimps :-

https://www.morecambefc.com/news/2019/j ... morecambe/
A Shrimp is for life and not just for Christmas.
Gone_Shrimping
 
Posts: 2730
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:49 am

Re: Current Squad

Postby RedRedWine » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:03 pm

black morse wrote:Don't know about everyone else but I find this time of year particularly tortuous waiting to see what the squad is going to consist off in the coming season. This time it seems worse as we finished so well giving us hopes of a pretty good season. I can imagine how worrying it must be for Jim if he doesn't know who is going to re-sign and who isn't. How does he know which positions to try to fill?. One can only hope that those who are looking for another club have notified him of their intent.


I suspect that many of the players have already signed, but the club are leaking this information day by day to appear active and current with national news outlets - and I think that is working.

I've certainly heard that a number of players that haven't been officially announced yet, have already signed for the forthcoming season. This happened with the interview given by Jordan Cranston, who accidentally leaked in his video on Morecambe Player that Wildig had signed (which the club bleeped out) - even though this wasn't officially announced by the club until the following day.

I can see why the club want to do this (we'll be appearing on sky sports news tickertape daily rather than just once if all were announced together!), but it is frustrating for supporters who don't want/can't wait to find out who we have signed! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
User avatar
RedRedWine
 
Posts: 1784
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:48 am

Re: Current Squad

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:15 pm

RedRedWine wrote:
black morse wrote:Don't know about everyone else but I find this time of year particularly tortuous waiting to see what the squad is going to consist off in the coming season. This time it seems worse as we finished so well giving us hopes of a pretty good season. I can imagine how worrying it must be for Jim if he doesn't know who is going to re-sign and who isn't. How does he know which positions to try to fill?. One can only hope that those who are looking for another club have notified him of their intent.


I suspect that many of the players have already signed, but the club are leaking this information day by day to appear active and current with national news outlets - and I think that is working.

I've certainly heard that a number of players that haven't been officially announced yet, have already signed for the forthcoming season. This happened with the interview given by Jordan Cranston, who accidentally leaked in his video on Morecambe Player that Wildig had signed (which the club bleeped out) - even though this wasn't officially announced by the club until the following day.

I can see why the club want to do this (we'll be appearing on sky sports news tickertape daily rather than just once if all were announced together!), but it is frustrating for supporters who don't want/can't wait to find out who we have signed! :lol: :lol: :lol:


Yes , its quite clear that Baz has signed. He has welcomed Cole Stockton back and also someone else tweeted about one of the players that has re-signed having another season playing with Big Baz.

Let's hope that Zak and Aaron are among those that have signed or that they will sign. If they do I think it will be the best squad we have had since 2007/08 when we had Thommo , Baker and Twiss all in their prime.
A Shrimp is for life and not just for Christmas.
Gone_Shrimping
 
Posts: 2730
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:49 am

Re: Current Squad

Postby RapidShrimp » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:44 pm

Another week rolls on and another 3 players sign new deals. Here’s a round-up of the past week:

- Stockton returns on a 1 year deal :D
- Baz announced for another year :D (edit)
- Bennett is still a free agent :!:
- Mandeville to Chesterfield confirmed :roll:
- Mingoia still has a year left on his deal at Accy and is happy to stay on there :roll:
- Jamie Sterry linked - 23 yr old right back released from Newcastle, last loaned out to Crewe where he had limited game time. :!:

Squad:
Roche (1)
Halstead (?)

Cranston (2)
Old (1)
Lavelle (1)
Brownsword (1)
Sutton (1)

Conlan (?)
Mills (?)

Tutte (1)
Wildig (1)
Fleming (1/2)
Jagne (1)
Mendes Gomes (1)

Kenyon (?)

Leitch-Smith (2)
Oates (1)
Howard (1/2)
Hawley (1)
Stockton (1)

Collins (?)
Ellison (?)
Last edited by RapidShrimp on Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RapidShrimp
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 9:20 pm
Location: Arnside

Re: Current Squad

Postby Caton83 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:37 am

Well that's big Baz back in the fold for another season with us :D
Will he be number one, or back-up this season ?. I for one am pleased to see him here for another season.
Any news on Mark Halstead from anyone ?
Caton83
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:55 pm

Re: Current Squad

Postby Slanester » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:24 pm

Caton83 wrote:Well that's big Baz back in the fold for another season with us :D
Will he be number one, or back-up this season ?. I for one am pleased to see him here for another season.
Any news on Mark Halstead from anyone ?


Very pleased that Baz is back for another season. A big man in stature, and a “big man,” in his importance to Mfc.

If Mark Halstead signs, and I have my fingers crossed, then our future no1 would be sorted, for years to come. COYS.
Slanester
 
Posts: 513
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Current Squad

Postby Castaway » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:30 pm

Another week rolls on and another 3 players sign new deals. Here’s a round-up of the past week:

- Stockton returns on a 1 year deal :D
- Baz announced for another year :D (edit)
- Bennett is still a free agent :!:
- Mandeville to Chesterfield confirmed :roll:
- Mingoia still has a year left on his deal at Accy and is happy to stay on there :roll:
- Jamie Sterry linked - 23 yr old right back released from Newcastle, last loaned out to Crewe where he had limited game time. :!:

Squad:
Roche (1)
Halstead (?)

Cranston (2)
Old (1)
Lavelle (1)
Brownsword (1)
Sutton (1)
Conlan (?)
Mills (?)

Tutte (1)
Wildig (1)
Fleming (1/2)
Jagne (1)
Mendes Gomes (1)
Kenyon (?)

Leitch-Smith (2)
Oates (1)
Howard (1/2)
Hawley (1)
Stockton (1)
Collins (?)
Ellison (?)


Thanks for this. A really great summary. It´s good to see we have many of the key names locked down and we are only in the middle of June.
Castaway
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:18 pm

Re: Current Squad

Postby Shrimp Girl » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:39 pm

@shrimpsofficial announced Baz signing on Instagram; this drew the response from Aaron Collins 'love it Baz' to which Baz replied 'your turn next mate'
Fingers still crossed..
"..if you’re constantly being harassed, even in a small way, that builds up and that wears you down.." JB
User avatar
Shrimp Girl
 
Posts: 260
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:50 pm
Location: Skerton

Re: Current Squad

Postby black morse » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:41 pm

Shrimp Girl wrote:@shrimpsofficial announced Baz signing on Instagram; this drew the response from Aaron Collins 'love it Baz' to which Baz replied 'your turn next mate'
Fingers still crossed..


Love it! :D
black morse
 
Posts: 2931
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:59 am
Location: South Devon

Re: Current Squad

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:53 pm

black morse wrote:
Shrimp Girl wrote:@shrimpsofficial announced Baz signing on Instagram; this drew the response from Aaron Collins 'love it Baz' to which Baz replied 'your turn next mate'
Fingers still crossed..


Love it! :D


+1 :D
Never forget your history
User avatar
Seasider9601
 
Posts: 11906
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: LA5

Re: Current Squad

Postby black morse » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:14 am

If the information about Halstead signing next week is correct I'm just hoping for Mills to sign and we have as good a side as e can hope for at this stage. :D Collins would be the icing on the cake but..... :(
black morse
 
Posts: 2931
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:59 am
Location: South Devon

Re: Current Squad

Postby black morse » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:08 am

Looks as if Aaron is on holiday in Australia at present......Will that make him an overseas signing :shock: ;)
black morse
 
Posts: 2931
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:59 am
Location: South Devon

Re: Current Squad

Postby Ispyshrimp » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:00 am

Would love to see Collins sign for another season with us at least.

Jim gave him a platform in January and he returned it by playing probably his best football so far, he made a big thing about how impressed he was Jim chased him to sign and that was his reason for signing.
I hope he gives us another season which I'm sure with everyone else signing on and taking the dressing room forward into next season, where hopefully we will continue our form have a good season and will perfectly put him I the shop window for a bigger move he's capable of.

Im sure ive seen Mills tweet that hes just got engaged to a lass in Preston so hopefully that will help keep him local and sign again for us
Ispyshrimp
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:27 pm

Re: Current Squad

Postby Keith » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:07 am

Ispyshrimp wrote:Im sure ive seen Mills tweet that hes just got engaged to a lass in Preston so hopefully that will help keep him local and sign again for us


That would be great news too. We have the makings of a really strong squad already and a lot of movement, with players released, only happens July 1st, so more movement to come hopefully.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
User avatar
Keith
Site Admin
 
Posts: 14951
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:39 pm
Location: Isle of Man

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ispyshrimp and 3 guests