The Trust

Re: The Trust

Postby marky » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:59 am

I think we can safely say that Trinity and Truth have absolutely no interest in any aspect of this town progressing in any way, shape or form. They complain about everything and when people answer their questions, if they don't like the answers (i.e. they disprove their every increasing fantasy conspiracies) they simply ignore them. Even IF the council *gave* MFC the land, I wouldn't care because the net benefit to the whole town, regardless of whether or not individuals support the team, is substantial what with the potential creation of new jobs. Also, having spoken to someone who knows what they're talking about when it comes to touristy things, there would definitely be demand for the kind of hotel the club is likely to attract (i.e. a Premier Travel Inn type chain). Very rarely do I get angry when reading forums but whenever I read something written by Trinity/Truth, my blood boils!
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Keith » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:17 am

Following feedback from Morecambe Football Club fans who use this forum and comments like the one above, it's time to bring the curtain down on Truth/Trinity's run of conspiracy theories. You will of course believe that I am in league with the masons or the council spooks have got to me or whatever, but of course the reality is, you have been given a pretty loose reign for a long time and you've used it to "make... blood boil". Not only that, you have been offered on at least three occasions to have assistance in setting up your own forum where you would have full control to allow postings that ensure your 'message has a voice' but choose to snipe rather than do anything proactive, or indeed, take responsibility for something yourself.

Now, you've outstayed your welcome. You have my e-mail address, so feel free to send me a link if/when you set up your forum and I'll post it here. I won't be entering in to correspondence about why you are not now accessing this forum as I have made it clear already, they are the same reasons that 'Truth' lost the privilege.

Good bye and good luck with your forum.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Posh » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:32 pm

Trinity wrote:It really is appalling and matches the dishonesty of Mr Posh's allegations against my hubby Truth making nuisance and abusive phone calls at his home address.

Sue me.

I've kept the evidence and I could get the court to get your itemised phone calls.

By the way an excellent way to respond to my comments - I assume you agree with them all. Thankfully we'll never know.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby The Marksman » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:22 pm

DTSJim and Shrimpsscene both mention the debt situation.

I've asked this before, but does anyone have any actual numbers on how much this move is going to cost the club?

most people recognise that our continued development depends on this move. We simply cannot deliver such a project here (we examined that possibility first and found that we would have increased debt as a result)

I understand that redevelopment of Christie Park would take money we don't have and couldn't borrow because of our lack of revenue streams.

I also appreciate that the new complex would potentially allow us extra revenue year round, and I know Sainsbury's are giving us cash in advance.

move to a ground where it can gain revenue, secure it's future and not go into debt

...however, I just can't see how we could buy a piece of land and build a new stadium plus training facilities for the same price of a different bit of land - so I was wondering if anyone knew what (if any) the difference was and how long we're planning it taking us to pay it off.
The Marksman

Postby Gnasher » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:42 pm

According to the press releases, the money Sainsburys are paying for Christie Park will pay for all of the new development and wipe out the club debts. I guess that "Sainsbury" money might include money from companies moving into the new site such as hotel and food outlets. When we move to the new ground we will be debt free, not bad hey?
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby The Marksman » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:00 pm

Gnasher wrote:According to the press releases, the money Sainsburys are paying for Christie Park will pay for all of the new development and wipe out the club debts. I guess that "Sainsbury" money might include money from companies moving into the new site such as hotel and food outlets. When we move to the new ground we will be debt free, not bad hey?

Well, if that's true, then great stuff, bring it on.

However, the three press releases on www.morecambestadium.co.uk don't mention the club being debt free. Please could you point me towards the relevant article(s)?
The Marksman

Postby Keith » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:07 pm

The Marksman wrote:...however, I just can't see how we could buy a piece of land and build a new stadium plus training facilities for the same price of a different bit of land - so I was wondering if anyone knew what (if any) the difference was and how long we're planning it taking us to pay it off.

Obviously I don't know any of the details so I'm speculating.

I guess that Sainsbury's don't want to build a store at that end of Westgate, and therefore feel that Christie Park is of more value. Also I guess that the council will have been keen to sell the land to us because of the inward investments but would have had to sell the land to Sainsbury's at 'market value'.

Therefore... (with completely made up figures to illustrate)

say...
Land on Westgate worth £300,000.
Christie Park worth £600,000
Building of new stadium £500,000

Sainsbury's buy Christie Park for £1,000,000 including sponsorship for the first season of the new ground.
Council sell the land on Westgate for £100,000 because it is a good deal for the community.
We build a new stadium and have £400,000 to spend on the facilities for Westgate Wanderers to move to and clear our debts.

We end up with a new stadium & training facilities. The people of the town have access to basketball & tennis courts. Westgate Wanderers get new, decent facilities. We have income from a hotel, retail outlets, fast food, conferencing & weddings to secure our future and we are debt free.

And it is cost neutral.

Like I say, those figures are to illustrate my point and I'm guessing that the deal is something like that.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby The Marksman » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:21 pm

Keith wrote:
The Marksman wrote:...however, I just can't see how we could buy a piece of land and build a new stadium plus training facilities for the same price of a different bit of land - so I was wondering if anyone knew what (if any) the difference was and how long we're planning it taking us to pay it off.

Obviously I don't know any of the details so I'm speculating.

I guess that Sainsbury's don't want to build a store at that end of Westgate, and therefore feel that Christie Park is of more value. Also I guess that the council will have been keen to sell the land to us because of the inward investments but would have had to sell the land to Sainsbury's at 'market value'.

Therefore... (with completely made up figures to illustrate)

say...
Land on Westgate worth £300,000.
Christie Park worth £600,000
Building of new stadium £500,000

Sainsbury's buy Christie Park for £1,000,000 including sponsorship for the first season of the new ground.
Council sell the land on Westgate for £100,000 because it is a good deal for the community.
We build a new stadium and have £400,000 to spend on the facilities for Westgate Wanderers to move to and clear our debts.

We end up with a new stadium & training facilities. The people of the town have access to basketball & tennis courts. Westgate Wanderers get new, decent facilities. We have income from a hotel, retail outlets, fast food, conferencing & weddings to secure our future and we are debt free.

And it is cost neutral.

Like I say, those figures are to illustrate my point and I'm guessing that the deal is something like that.

I don't wish to offend, Keith, but that answer is basically useless - anyone could do some fag packet sums to come up with the answer that we end up with no debt.

Does anyone have anything official?
The Marksman

Postby Gnasher » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:26 pm

The actual figures haven't been released but the club have definitely said debt free when we move.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby The Marksman » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:31 pm

Aha, found a reference:

http://www.lakelandecho.co.uk/lancaster ... 4902541.jp

Mr McGuigan called Tuesday 'a momentous occasion for Morecambe Football Club and we believe the town of Morecambe'.

He said: "It is great to announce that the Football Club will be debt-free. In today's climate, for any club to be debt free and have a new stadium to make us financially secure puts us up with some of the top clubs in the country. This is a tremendous achievement for Morecambe Football Club."

Excellent news, I can't wait.
The Marksman

Postby Keith » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:19 pm

The Marksman wrote:I don't wish to offend, Keith, but that answer is basically useless - anyone could do some fag packet sums to come up with the answer that we end up with no debt.

Does anyone have anything official?

But you actually wrote...

The Marksman wrote:...however, I just can't see how we could buy a piece of land and build a new stadium plus training facilities for the same price of a different bit of land

I was attempting to demonstrate the principle of how we could buy a piece of land and build a new stadium plus training facilities for the same price of a different bit of land... which is what I thought you were asking.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby The Marksman » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:43 am

Ah, fair enough - I apologise.
The Marksman

Previous

Return to General Discussion