Next 3 games

Next 3 games

Postby Kendalshrimp » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:37 pm

Northampton (h) Saturday
Oxford (a)
Luton (h)

3 teams fancied to be in the top 7 at the start of the season. If we can take 7 or more points from these games then after our result at Pompey (favourites) I think that's when we can really start thinking of a top 7 or higher finish. Beeley expected to be back this week and even tho McGowan has done okay Beeley is key on our counter attacks and must be in the team when fit. Let's hope the globe can become a feared place this season !
Kendalshrimp

Re: Next 3 games

Postby Freez » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:39 pm

Our results last term were superb against the top half, poor against the bottom half as we all know.
It would be nice to still get a few points against the so called big sides but the unfancied ones seemed to trip us up, which if we are to challenge has to change.

For me, if we are in and around striking distance of the play offs in January, we will have done pretty well. There is a long long way to go and we are only in September so putting targets on the next three games is fine but there will be a myriad of twists and turns weekly which will affect the outcome.

Plus our record against Northampton isnt great and they usually present as all 6 foot athletes who like to get it forward early which we have, in the past, found a challenge every game is different.

I'm wondering if four straight wins will persuade any more local punters to wander down to The Globe to have a look?

Certainly shaping up to be be the most interesting for years!!
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby black morse » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:24 pm

Can't see us getting much at Oxford but it depends how the team is set up for these games. Who dares.....
sometimes wins ;)
black morse

Postby halftimeresults » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:45 pm

Northampton have won once in the last 9 away games!
halftimeresults

Postby Jettyson » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:52 pm

One game at a time eh boys!
Jimbo continues to get it right and I'm sure he will consider our team and set up on a game by game basis.
The next three present different challenges in terms of the opposition but lets keep the faith and knock out one result at a time.
Anyone coming to us has to be at least a little afraid the way we are currently playing.
Jettyson

Return to General Discussion