atmosphere

atmosphere

Postby halftimeresults » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:04 pm

Awful today!
Couldn't believe how empty the home end was today.
I wonder if Fcom could come up with any ideas to improve the atmosphere because it's definitely getting worse which is worrying because we are actually playing good football!
halftimeresults

Re: atmosphere

Postby Teams like Morecambe » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:11 pm

*Breaking news - Stewards ban ideas*
Teams like Morecambe

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:22 pm

Do you not think it was partly because the weather was so nice,as a result, the open terrace was fuller than usual, which obviously lessened the home end crowd by a substantial amount?
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby steve mfc » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:02 pm

If the stewards continue the way they are then the atmosphere will only get worse.

The last home game was bad enough with the mobile phone incident but this week they really surpassed themselves telling a lad to get his shirt back on really what harm was he doing what rule was he breaking.

The stewards have a job to do but they need to remember its not a church or a library its football match, If the club dont want to loose even more supporters then they need to have a word with the stewards and tell them to show a bit of common sense.
steve mfc

Postby halftimeresults » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:16 am

another thing that annoys me about some stewards is the fact that some of them let certain people in for free! it Maybe not for me to say but its my club and we need all the Money we can get!
halftimeresults

Postby chipbuns » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:53 am

It's been like this all season so far, you'd think against Accy for instance it would have been lively but it was very very flat, even after the final whistle!

I just don't think anyone can be bothered anymore.
chipbuns

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:02 am

hospitality has not been busy at all, compared to last season,I expect that now the club has employed a new commercial manager, new initiatives and promotions will start to appear, they are doing a good deal with 2 courses and a match ticket on tuesday for 30 quid, I assume the new food outlet was his idea.
mrpotatohead

Postby Keith » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:08 am

halftimeresults wrote:another thing that annoys me about some stewards is the fact that some of them let certain people in for free! it Maybe not for me to say but its my club and we need all the Money we can get!

Maybe it IS for you to say!!! In fact, you're half way there now. Have a quiet word with Rod Taylor if you've evidence of this happening.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby RedRedWine » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:53 pm

I know some of the younger fans feel victimised and aggreaved that a group of lads have been banned from games in the short term, but I think their is a more constructive way of showing support for your friends than singing songs against the club/in favour of rival clubs such as Lancaster City during Morecambe games.

Failing that you should change the lyrics if your chant to 'heavy hands, slightly emptier stands'

The atmosphere has been terrible for a few years, our chants are limited, unimaginative, in some instances not supportive of the club (not a fan of anti-other club songs). Obviously low numbers doesn't help, but it's not all about numbers.... 5/6 enthusiastic Motherwell fans really improve the atmosphere when they're down. The big problem we have amongst the support base IMO in terms of creating an atmosphere and a few other aspects is that our support can feel a bit fragmented and clicky (Keith ;)) at times with different pockets of people/groups. what we need is a few events to pull likeminded people together.... Like the family race night (shameless plug) that MarkS is organising after the Northampton game. It would be good to see as many people there as possible.... Even Blackpool Shrimp!
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:13 pm

if you can forgive bps, i'll forgive CC :lol:
mrpotatohead

Postby halfwayprawn » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:56 pm

Feel the love :o :D :D
halfwayprawn

Postby ChrisC » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:52 pm

I think the league should think hard about August Bank Holiday matches.

Why not have them on the Friday night or Monday night (I know we have a cup match on Tuesday but you get my point)

I couldn't make it this week on my season ticket and I know the people we sit next to were also away.

I know you die hards will criticise but that's the reality for most fans
ChrisC

Postby Phil Anderer » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:33 pm

ChrisC wrote:I think the league should think hard about August Bank Holiday matches.

Why not have them on the Friday night or Monday night (I know we have a cup match on Tuesday but you get my point)

I couldn't make it this week on my season ticket and I know the people we sit next to were also away.

I know you die hards will criticise but that's the reality for most fans

Personally I hate Friday night matches and, in spite of being a season ticket holder, would probably choose to miss such games. Just my opinion, of course. I'm aware others differ.
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby Teams like Morecambe » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:44 pm

It has taken me many years to get Saturdays and Tuesday evenings off work. It would be unfair on season ticket holders to play matches on any other day.
Teams like Morecambe

Postby mounse mk2 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:40 pm

Long, long time since I posted on here but here's a few thoughts:

For me £17 is too expensive to watch League 2 football. Irrespective that it's more expensive elsewhere in the league.

Regarding the absence of some fans yesterday and the lack of atmosphere. Think there should be common-sense on both sides.

1. For the vocal support who've weren't there yesterday for whatever reason to maybe cut down the swearing, 'firm wannabe' attitude and flares
2. The other side to realise that teenagers aren't perfect (who was/is?) but ARE the future of your club and surely you can encourage them be a positive influence
When i look deep in your eyes
I swear i can see your soul
mounse mk2

Postby morecambegeek » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:42 pm

mounse mk2 wrote:For me £17 is too expensive to watch League 2 football. Irrespective that it's more expensive elsewhere in the league.

Been done to death. Don't disagree, but what's a fair price, and where does the corresponding fall in the budget get taken from?
morecambegeek

Postby mounse mk2 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:08 pm

It should be:
£10 for League 2
£15 for League 1
£20 for Championship
£25+ for the Premiership

Obviously I really don't know if that's financially viable but surely lowering the price gets more bums on seats/feet on stands, creates a better atmosphere, encourages the team etc etc.

I can't get to midweek games so I never bother getting a season ticket. Even if they kept the same pricing structure if they offered a deal of say £50 for 4 tickets that you could trade in for any game , I and i'm sure others that can't get to every game would take that up.
When i look deep in your eyes
I swear i can see your soul
mounse mk2

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:24 pm

£24 to go into C stand is frankly :roll:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:17 am

shrimpnsave wrote:£24 to go into C stand is frankly :roll:

Yes, but the fewer that turn up means the rest of us pay more- simple economics - thats until oh hang on there's nobody left willing to pay £40
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion