Pompey 3 M'cmbe 3 Barkhuizen, Goodall, Fleming PLAYER THREAD

Re: Pompey 3 M'cmbe 3 Barkhuizen, Goodall, Fleming PLAYER TH

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:59 pm

"We didn't respect Morecambe with anywhere near the respect we've given other teams. We thought we'd turn up and win - and look what happens. Great credit to Morecambe, I thought they were excellent.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33944521
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby black morse » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:00 pm

Christies Child wrote:
morecambegeek wrote:FFS, you didn't answer it again.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Calm down youngster...

As I said before, both Paz and Ryan are guilty of poor marking and each have been responsible for allowing the opposition to score from crosses into the box....both this and last season.

Their 3rd yesterday was the result of their wide man having all the time and space to cross into the box where the goalscorer was able to put himself between 2 defenders and score the equalizer. The wide man should have been marked but there was no Morecambe player even close enough to affect the outcome.

And if you dispute what I'm saying I suggest you take a close look at the highlights.

And mrp where am I wrong.... :?: :?: :?:

I've been one to criticise your negativity on more than one occasion in the past CC but I won't anymore..................
I can't be bothered :roll:
black morse

Postby Christies Child » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:18 pm

Both as guilty as the other..so form your own conclusions.

We had one of the worst defensive records in the league last season or have you forgotten... :?:

A successful team is built around a good defense.....and we really haven't had a decent defense since both Arts and Jimbo were no longer in it.

Last season we had an excellent goal scoring record which compensated for the amount of goals scored against us.

This season our defense is still leaking goals BUT going forward we are miles more creative and the goals WILL come. Just a pity that they are still going in at the opposite end.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby morecambegeek » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:25 pm

Christies Child wrote:Both as guilty as the other..so form your own conclusions.

So youre happy to drop either? Is there a specific reason you can't answer a simple question with a straightforward answer rather than dancing round it?
morecambegeek

Postby Christies Child » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:58 pm

morecambegeek wrote:
Christies Child wrote:Both as guilty as the other..so form your own conclusions.

So youre happy to drop either? Is there a specific reason you can't answer a simple question with a straightforward answer rather than dancing round it?

Interesting how you fail to disagree or have an opinion of your own...but then again what's new.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Christies Child

Postby morecambegeek » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:08 pm

Christies Child wrote:
Interesting how you fail to disagree or have an opinion of your own...but then again what's new.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nope, not having that. I gave a lengthy opinion on one of the earlier pages in this thread.

Again, you didnt ask the question I asked about why you didnt answer a direct question about who you would drop. Why did it take several posts before you almost gave an answer. Why wouldn't you name a name, or at least say either?
Last edited by morecambegeek on Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
morecambegeek

Postby mfcbro » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:32 pm

My last post on here because i too cant be bothered with the negativity,yes we were 3-0 up yesterday but before the game i would have accepted a point.Yes this is a forum and everybody is entitled to there opinion,I believe that if your not there you cant comment.People comment on hearsay,whether it be from quinny or player but surely unless you were there you cant form an opinion.I saw the highlights but that is only a selected few moments from the game.At the end of the day we are what we are.Cant buy anybody we have to beg steal and borrow.As soon as a certain few people realise that the better.Our players are league 2 footballers for a reason,they are gonna make mistakes,but at least they go out and give there all.Its about time we all got behind the team and give them our support.Less of the negativity,onwards and upwards.if we finish 10th 11th or even 12th we would have had a good season.Rant over my last post.Come on the shrimps
mfcbro

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:43 pm

mfcbro wrote:My last post on here because i too cant be bothered with the negativity,yes we were 3-0 up yesterday but before the game i would have accepted a point.Yes this is a forum and everybody is entitled to there opinion,I believe that if your not there you cant comment.People comment on hearsay,whether it be from quinny or player but surely unless you were there you cant form an opinion.I saw the highlights but that is only a selected few moments from the game.At the end of the day we are what we are.Cant buy anybody we have to beg steal and borrow.As soon as a certain few people realise that the better.Our players are league 2 footballers for a reason,they are gonna make mistakes,but at least they go out and give there all.Its about time we all got behind the team and give them our support.Less of the negativity,onwards and upwards.if we finish 10th 11th or even 12th we would have had a good season.Rant over my last post.Come on the shrimps

;) Exactly my thought/have friends that are members here that are pissed off with the mentality of some and will not post or visit :(
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Christies Child » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:07 pm

mfcbro wrote:My last post on here because i too cant be bothered with the negativity,yes we were 3-0 up yesterday but before the game i would have accepted a point.Yes this is a forum and everybody is entitled to there opinion,I believe that if your not there you cant comment.People comment on hearsay,whether it be from quinny or player but surely unless you were there you cant form an opinion.I saw the highlights but that is only a selected few moments from the game.At the end of the day we are what we are.Cant buy anybody we have to beg steal and borrow.As soon as a certain few people realise that the better.Our players are league 2 footballers for a reason,they are gonna make mistakes,but at least they go out and give there all.Its about time we all got behind the team and give them our support.Less of the negativity,onwards and upwards.if we finish 10th 11th or even 12th we would have had a good season.Rant over my last post.Come on the shrimps

I'm genuinely sorry that you feel that way and hope that you will continue to at the very least follow the thoughts of all fans , be they good, bad or totally indifferent.

For my part I don't see it as being negative to make comments about areas of the club that for me could be improved. In fact I see it as being of concern and how our club is able to continue to progress albeit not as fast as some would like but certainly within the financial constraints that we are all aware of.

I accept that some, maybe the vast majority of fellow SVers disagree with my thoughts on numerous topics but like them and I know you in particular, we collectively despite differing opinions only wish the very best for our club.

Having said that I do feel that certain SVers take my thoughts too much to heart which is unfortunate but one I have come to accept.

Surely all thoughts are welcome and show a loyalty and genuine concern for our club battling to stay in existence and one that needs every bit of support it can muster.
Christies Child

Postby Keith » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:10 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:
mfcbro wrote:My last post on here because i too cant be bothered with the negativity

Exactly my thought/have friends that are members here that are pissed off with the mentality of some and will not post or visit :(

Unfortunately, the more 'positive' posters stop posting on here, the greater proportion the 'negative' posters appear to be. I know a lot of people now post on Facebook, but I don't like that as a format because threads/conversations can't develop to any real extent (and Marky can't dig out old threads as easily!)
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby SolentShrimp » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:00 pm

I'm happy, in fact I'm almost a celebrity.
Out of 6 goals, Channel 5 highlights caught me on 5 of them.
Gave our Doris a good giggle, but she couldn't work out why 3 of my reactions differed from t'other 2!
We all have Human Rights, but they come with Human Responsibilities. Ignore the latter and you risk losing the rights to the former.

People who campaign for equality and freedom of speech amaze me. Disagree with them, and you'll be shouted down.
SolentShrimp

Postby Blue Walter » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:32 pm

Hi from a Pompey supporter. I have been looking at this discussion with a lot of interest and quite frankly I cannot believe that some of you are falling out over yesterdays game. Apart from Shrewsbury, last season, I don't think I have seen a better performance than your team yesterday since the start of last season. Your team fought tooth & nail and gave it everything and you supporters should be proud of your team. Be proud of the 69 hardy souls that turned up to watch their team that, should have been, on a hiding to nothing. They were real & proper supporters.

I agree that your side could have scored more than 3 goals in the first half but when you scored your first your side were against the ropes and it was a classic break away. I also think we should have been ahead at that stage as your side were being pegged back and it looked like they were going to cave in. You didn't and broke with real pace and the first goal was pure class.

Like most teams in this league your team only play in front of a couple of thousand supporters so when they come to Fratton Park it can be a real culture shock. The larger & very noisy atmosphere either frightens or inspires visiting teams. Most teams revel in front of the larger stage and enjoy what we call the Fratton Factor. Your team seemed to be inspired by the Fratton Factor because if they play like that every week they are promotion certs.

One thing I do disagree with from one of your posters was that apparently not only did your team wipe the floor with our team your support out shouted our crowd. My view is that your team caught our lot out but if all the chances created had been scored we would have won & no one out shouts a Pompey crowd, especially 69 hardy souls.

Don't argue amongst yourselves your team done you proud yesterday and I shall follow your progress with interest. Is your team that good or was it the Fratton Factor at work?
Blue Walter

Postby parceldave » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:56 pm

Just got back after a few days away and now reading some really (bitching) interesting posts . My first time at Fratton Park and what a great atmosphere and it was bladdy hot too. I wasn't expecting much really as we had never scored there before and when the game started I was expecting the worst .

In the opening minutes they were passing the ball round quite freely and we were panicking a bit , but when we actually stood up to them and ran at them I think they were a bit shocked . The build up for the first goal was as good as it gets in League 2 and finished superbly . The next 20 mins was nearly all Morecambe , resulting in 2 more goals and if that chip from Wildig had dropped in then that would have been game over I think . But a problem that we hadn't been dealing with so far came up to bite us on the arse , and that was the freedom their No2 was given down the wing and allowed to cut inside which led to their free kick , but where 4 mins came from heaven knows .

Second half unfortunately we sat back and tried to soak up the pressure and didn't attack them hardly at all which I was a bit disappointed about. Too much freedom down the flanks especially, allowed them to dominate and when Goodall had to go off after another good performance they had their way all too easy. Their second goal was just down to poor defending and the third was down to being knackered from a constant barrage of crosses and no outlet . Maybe if there hadn't been 10 mins injury time :o we would have claimed a great victory and the team would received a bit more deserved praise than they did , well they did from the Pompey fans anyway . Lets hope with a week to go some of the casualties will recover .
parceldave

Postby Kendalshrimp » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:03 pm

We had one of the worst defensive records in the league last season or have you forgotten... :?:

A successful team is built around a good defense.....and we really haven't had a decent defense since both Arts and Jimbo were no longer in it.

Last season we had an excellent goal scoring record which compensated for the amount of goals scored against us.

This season our defense is still leaking goals BUT going forward we are miles more creative and the goals WILL come. Just a pity that they are still going in at the opposite end.

How did we have one of the worst defensive records last season :shock:

14 teams conceded more goals than us last season and we kept 12 clean sheets in the league so don't know we're your getting your information from ! There was also 14 teams that scored more goals than us too so I think you need to do your home work before coming on here and slagging our team off with false stats silly boy !
Kendalshrimp

Postby Blue Walter » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:23 pm

Hi from a Pompey supporter again. Some of you seemed a bit perplexed where the 6 mins of added time came from. They came from your team trying to waste time from as early as the first half. Nothing that other teams don't do, including Pompey, when they are in the position your team was yesterday. Blatant time wasting results in time being added on and it was the added time that, perhaps from our point of view, the fully deserved equaliser was scored. Your players gave everything, they had to otherwise they would have been sunk without trace. Your team deserved the draw and with a little bit more luck may have won it but, on the other hand, if we had scored when we were on top for the first 10-15 mins we would have won. In the end a fair result but I hope we don't come across too many more Morecambes this season.
Blue Walter

Postby Jettyson » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:31 pm

Never mind the handbags lads, can we agree on a couple of things:
The lads gave their all and if we can play at that level week in week out we will do all right.
Jettyson

Postby outsider » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:49 pm

The 4 mins added 1st half and 6 in the 2nd, was about right. As for my "out sung" comment it was a bit tounge in cheeck ;) , but at times in the 2nd half FP was very quiet, One pompy fan on the way out said he could hear us from 1/2 way line :lol: I've loved my trips down there and will miss it next season, as I think you will go up.
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:03 pm

One memory that will live with me was the 8 yr old with his Dad who we had a chat with while walking to the ground. The youngster asked "are you a Morecambe fan?" while trying to look up to our badge. I said yes and take a good look, because you won't see many down here today! Needless to say they expected to win..
After the game I was surprised that the same two came up to us near Fratton railway. They really commended our performance and the youngster opened his carrier bag to show me the matchball that he had recycled as it flew into the stands, no doubt straight from the boot of Baz :lol:

I offered him a fiver for it as we had put it in the back of their net 3 times, but he was having none of it ... just one of those memories :)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:49 am

Blue Walter wrote:Hi from a Pompey supporter...
I don't think I have seen a better performance than your team yesterday since the start of last season. Your team fought tooth & nail and gave it everything and you supporters should be proud of your team.

Appreciate you taking the time to pass comment :D

It should be your season this time. The game on Saturday probably came at a good time for you as it will ensure that you avoid any complacency throughout the season.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby black morse » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:01 am

Blue Walter wrote:Hi from a Pompey supporter. I have been looking at this discussion with a lot of interest and quite frankly I cannot believe that some of you are falling out over yesterdays game. Apart from Shrewsbury, last season, I don't think I have seen a better performance than your team yesterday since the start of last season. Your team fought tooth & nail and gave it everything and you supporters should be proud of your team. Be proud of the 69 hardy souls that turned up to watch their team that, should have been, on a hiding to nothing. They were real & proper supporters.

I agree that your side could have scored more than 3 goals in the first half but when you scored your first your side were against the ropes and it was a classic break away. I also think we should have been ahead at that stage as your side were being pegged back and it looked like they were going to cave in. You didn't and broke with real pace and the first goal was pure class.

Like most teams in this league your team only play in front of a couple of thousand supporters so when they come to Fratton Park it can be a real culture shock. The larger & very noisy atmosphere either frightens or inspires visiting teams. Most teams revel in front of the larger stage and enjoy what we call the Fratton Factor. Your team seemed to be inspired by the Fratton Factor because if they play like that every week they are promotion certs.

One thing I do disagree with from one of your posters was that apparently not only did your team wipe the floor with our team your support out shouted our crowd. My view is that your team caught our lot out but if all the chances created had been scored we would have won & no one out shouts a Pompey crowd, especially 69 hardy souls.

Don't argue amongst yourselves your team done you proud yesterday and I shall follow your progress with interest. Is your team that good or was it the Fratton Factor at work?

Thank you!
black morse

Postby halftimeresults » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:27 am

Blue Walter wrote: Is your team that good or was it the Fratton Factor at work?

is your team that good or was it the factor that you was playing a top half team from last season ;)
halftimeresults

Postby SolentShrimp » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:42 am

halftimeresults wrote:
Blue Walter wrote: Is your team that good or was it the Fratton Factor at work?

is your team that good or was it the factor that you was playing a top half team from last season ;)

Turn the volume up for this, t'was only 4 months ago...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKU0lf7TgAw

Might be Fratton Factor at home, but more like Max Factor on the road. ;)
We all have Human Rights, but they come with Human Responsibilities. Ignore the latter and you risk losing the rights to the former.

People who campaign for equality and freedom of speech amaze me. Disagree with them, and you'll be shouted down.
SolentShrimp

Previous

Return to General Discussion