Portsmouth Predictions Please.

Re: Portsmouth Predictions Please.

Postby jon MFC fan » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:49 pm

Shrimpy wrote:
Christies Child wrote:Our corner routines are simply not working. Countless corners on Tuesday from us went begging without ever looking threatening

I don't think the routines themselves are the problem, it's more the fact we just don't have the personnel to capitalise from set pieces.

Drummy has departed as has Mark Hughes, and they were our main threats from dead ball situations. Gone are the days of the likes of Bentley, Artell, Fenton & Hughes who were good for about 5 goals a season each from set pieces. We've now got Parrish & Edwards at centre back who have scored a grand total of 1 goal in around 400 appearances between them.

We must be one of the shortest teams in the league this year, we would probably be better off just taking all our corners short rather than chucking it into the area for a 6 foot 4 clogger to head it clear with ease.

We have Dugdale who is 6 foot 4
better redthan dead
jon MFC fan

Postby Christies Child » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:02 pm

Shrimpy wrote:
Christies Child wrote:Our corner routines are simply not working. Countless corners on Tuesday from us went begging without ever looking threatening

I don't think the routines themselves are the problem, it's more the fact we just don't have the personnel to capitalise from set pieces.

Drummy has departed as has Mark Hughes, and they were our main threats from dead ball situations. Gone are the days of the likes of Bentley, Artell, Fenton & Hughes who were good for about 5 goals a season each from set pieces. We've now got Parrish & Edwards at centre back who have scored a grand total of 1 goal in around 400 appearances between them.

We must be one of the shortest teams in the league this year, we would probably be better off just taking all our corners short rather than chucking it into the area for a 6 foot 4 clogger to head it clear with ease.

In many ways I agree Shrimpy but for me our corners appear the majority of the time to be directed to the far post even beyond where as you rightly say we do not have the height or shear power to win the ball. For me it has to be short routines the majority of the time. It amazes me how much work we put into dead ball routines on the training ground with so little return.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Keith » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:09 pm

0-0 is about as good as I can hope for, so I'll remain optimistic. Very, very optimistic. :cry:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Due to the carry on after the Wycombe game, I am going 5.1 to Pompey

http://www.thefa.com//news/governance/2 ... an-edwards
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:57 pm

Hope Devitt is back tomorrow ???
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:14 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Due to the carry on after the Wycombe game, I am going 5.1 to Pompey

http://www.thefa.com//news/governance/2 ... an-edwards

I hope I'm right when I think it may create a siege mentality among the squad. Shrimps against the world , well Shrimps against the FA and the useless set of officials at the Wycombe game.

Dugdale comes in for Edwards and that gives us extra height to defend with.

Kev needed a rest and it means Lee can play ahead of Willo which may prove a good combination.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby steve mfc » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:23 pm

Well it should be a more open game compared to Tuesday's, hopefully we will convert some of our chances so I will go for a entertaining 3 - 2 win for the Shrimps.
steve mfc

Previous

Return to General Discussion