Morecambe 0 Wycombe 1 PLAYER thread.

Re: Morecambe 0 Wycombe 1 PLAYER thread.

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:48 pm

black morse wrote:
Gone_Shrimping wrote:I suppose to put it in perspective , our first 3 matches of the League season have all been against our bogy teams :

Hartlepool United 1 win and now 4 defeats

Accrington 0 wins in the previous 16

Wycombe Only 1 win in our history and never beaten them on our home ground.

That record makes 3 points on the board seem quite good ! How's that for being positive :D :D

And Portsmouth?

Pompy is 1 win 1 draw and 2 defeats which isn't quite as terrible as the 3 teams we have just played.

However we have still to score a goal at Fratton Park :o :o :o
Gone_Shrimping

Postby sandgrown » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:51 pm

their goal came from a gentle lob/cross but we still couldn't defend it, very worrying
sandgrown

Postby Now_Then » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:16 pm

I was critical of Molyneux on Saturday but thought he put in a better performance last night. He hit a lovely ball to Kev in the first half and in the second, got to the line and hit a lovely ball across goal which was begging to be tapped in.

Wycombe did a number on us. They roughed us up and got away with it because that Ref is an absolute clown! Every time the ball went into Wildigs feet, one of the centre backs were straight in to him and he had no time on the ball. Not nice to watch but shows Ainsworth had a plan for us.

I thought Miller was bright and showed some good movement. With a bit more game time and confidence he could be a good signing. I am not sure that we actually play with an out an out striker these days. They all seem to interchange and work back in defence. Miller was in the left back position in the first half to make a tackle. We overplay in the final third with too many silly passes and unselfishness. Mullin is the only one who looks to beat his man and get his shot off and remains our biggest goal threat.

Great to see Thommo again and was a bit disappointed with some of the stick he was getting from the whinging brigade on the terrace.
Now_Then

Postby shrimpnsave » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:51 pm

Now_Then wrote:I was critical of Molyneux on Saturday but thought he put in a better performance last night. He hit a lovely ball to Kev in the first half and in the second, got to the line and hit a lovely ball across goal which was begging to be tapped in.

Wycombe did a number on that Ref is an absolute clown! So is alcock!

Great to see Thommo again and was a bit disappointed with some of the stick he was getting from the whinging brigade on the terrace.
:D
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby HALMA 1983 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:57 pm

Have to say and my son agreed that it was the most entertaining Morecambe performance we'd seen in years, Great movement and played the right way without any passengers, Jimbo could not have asked any more of the 11 he put out.
Wycombe are a good team and very physical, it's plain to see why they haven't conceded in their first three games and if Morecambe play the same as Tuesday night in most games they'd win every time.
My biggest concern on the night was the lack of folk on the terraces but then again it's a £60 evening for two and dare I say the C.H & L pies are not as good as they used to be and whoever decided on charging £2-60 for the standard of Hot Dog being served should be fired
Other than that a very enjoyable evening ;)
HALMA 1983

Postby chipbuns » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:12 pm

Now_Then wrote:I was critical of Molyneux on Saturday but thought he put in a better performance last night. He hit a lovely ball to Kev in the first half and in the second, got to the line and hit a lovely ball across goal which was begging to be tapped in.

Wycombe did a number on us. They roughed us up and got away with it because that Ref is an absolute clown! Every time the ball went into Wildigs feet, one of the centre backs were straight in to him and he had no time on the ball. Not nice to watch but shows Ainsworth had a plan for us.

I thought Miller was bright and showed some good movement. With a bit more game time and confidence he could be a good signing. I am not sure that we actually play with an out an out striker these days. They all seem to interchange and work back in defence. Miller was in the left back position in the first half to make a tackle. We overplay in the final third with too many silly passes and unselfishness. Mullin is the only one who looks to beat his man and get his shot off and remains our biggest goal threat.

What stick? Who would give Thommo stick?!? :?
chipbuns

Postby George Dawes » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:14 am

chipbuns wrote:

What stick? Who would give Thommo stick?!? :?

There were a lot in the north stand, in particular when he took Beely out, and left him sprawled out on the floor.
George Dawes

Previous

Return to General Discussion