Miller signs for Stevenage?

Re: Miller signs for Stevenage?

Postby Shrimpy » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:41 pm

Christies Child wrote:Not sure if you agree or disagree that the loss of a stadium sponsor (and possibly other investment) was a direct result of Jim's budget being reduced which then had repercussions in Jim's hunt for a striker to replace initially Amond and now Jack although we all assume that a limited amount of money from Jack's sale has been made available to recruit somebody suitable.

I agree it has hindered us being able to replace Podge (and keep Stav) but disagree in it having any affect on us being able to replace Redshaw.
Shrimpy

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:42 pm

Christies Child wrote:Not sure if you agree or disagree that the loss of a stadium sponsor (and possibly other investment) was a direct result of Jim's budget being reduced

“There’s plenty of elements that go into it building the playing budget though and things that we’ll look to happen.

“One of those is the stadium sponsorship which we felt was going to happen last year and it didn’t.

“It’s a double whammy. One you haven’t brought the money in through the stadium sponsorship - - therefore it can’t be in (the budget) there. "
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:08 pm

Its quite possible that "someone" has already signed on.

Tomorrow is August 1st and if any signings are announced then , their July Salary has to be paid by the club that has released them. If a player signs on in July , then the club signing them has to pay a months salary.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Kendalshrimp » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:29 pm

I did say after the game Tuesday that apparently he was signing for Stevenage or Cambridge. I don't know his situation now but don't think we can keep up with them on wages terms !
Kendalshrimp

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:29 pm

I am not sure Cambridge are in the hunt for him.

All should be clearer tomorrow afternoon. If he is on our team sheet there is a good chance he is signing for us. If he is not the search continues...........................
Gone_Shrimping

Postby cyprus-shrimp » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:44 pm

Well he's on the bench today!!!
The wine and the football seem better in the sunshine!!
cyprus-shrimp

Postby halfwayprawn » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:21 pm

But we have still got a mullers :lol: :D
halfwayprawn

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:06 pm

''jacks money'' goes into the overall turnover of the business, meaning the club makes a smaller loss, its not a seperate entity ,earmarked for players, all we really have is jacks former wages to tempt someone with,and we all know the wages budget has been cut anyway,we also have one more substantial addition to the wage bill as of two weeks ago .
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Christies Child » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:20 am

According to a fellow SVer, Miller has appeared on the official team photo which could suggest that he has been signed by Jimbo.

Sorry, but for me I can't understand how the management team can make a decision on whether to sign him on the limited amount of game time he's had to date. From what little we saw yesterday I find the decision to bring him on board strange.

Usually I trust Jimbo in his decisions about players, but the guy hasn't exactly set the world on fire for the last few seasons and by the sounds of it didn't impress at either Crawley or York whilst on loan. He appears not to have the physical presence to be able to shrug defenders off and for me, whilst we desperately need someone to support Mullers I feel that this is money wasted and it feels as though we are struggling to bring in an additional striker irrespective of recent career history.

Surely the likes of David Ball (ex Fleetwood) or even the evergreen Kevin Davies would have been worth a shout.... :?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:31 am

But of course you are completely qualified to write him off after the limited amount of game time he has had, CC.

I thought he looked lively and put himself about well yesterday, but didn't get much service to be able to do anything. He might have had a few seasons where the goals have dried up but he hasn't exactly been starting many games and has been shipped around a few clubs on loan. The fact is, he is capable of 15-20 goals a season, as he has proved back when he is at Crewe.

Does anyone seriously think that a proven, year on year, 20 goal a season striker would be on trial with us in the hope of getting a contract? No. Those types of players are contracted, require a large fee, probably from a higher division, and bluntly, do not come to Morecambe.

What we have here is someone who has the potential to reach those levels, but has taken a bit of a dip and needs to come to a club where he will be in a good environment, get plenty of game time, and re-find that form that would reignite his career. This is the type of player we will sign, and that is why he will probably be a Morecambe player this week.

Please give Jim and Ken a bit more credit, they will have done a lot more research than just watching him for 30 minutes yesterday.
Morecambe Jack

Postby Keith » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:36 am

Christies Child wrote:According to a fellow SVer, Miller has appeared on the official team photo which could suggest that he has been signed by Jimbo.

Sorry, but for me I can't understand how the management team can make a decision on whether to sign him on the limited amount of game time he's had to date. From what little we saw yesterday I find the decision to bring him on board strange.

Usually I trust Jimbo in his decisions about players, but the guy hasn't exactly set the world on fire for the last few seasons and by the sounds of it didn't impress at either Crawley or York whilst on loan. He appears not to have the physical presence to be able to shrug defenders off and for me, whilst we desperately need someone to support Mullers I feel that this is money wasted and it feels as though we are struggling to bring in an additional striker irrespective of recent career history.

Surely the likes of David Ball (ex Fleetwood) or even the evergreen Kevin Davies would have been worth a shout.... :?: :?: :?:

"He appears not to have the physical presence to be able to shrug defenders off..." ...which as we all know was the strong point of Redshaw's game :roll:

"I can't understand how the management team can make a decision on whether to sign him on the limited amount of game time he's had to date". I'm thinking perhaps they've watched him in training & stuff too rather than only the limited amount of time playing during friendlies? :?

"Usually I trust Jimbo in his decisions about players". There have been a few players who hadn't set the world alight at previous clubs, for example Devitt, who admits himself that he'd 'lost his way' but Jim has turned their careers around. You know that if we do sign Miller and he turns out to be a gem, someone, probably Marky No.1, will be quoting this thread for years to come?!?!? :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Shrimpy » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:37 am

if the team photo is the one thats been posted on the clubs Facebook page then Miller isn't on it.
Shrimpy

Postby Christies Child » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:44 am

Morecambe Jack wrote:But of course you are completely qualified to write him off after the limited amount of game time he has had, CC.

I thought he looked lively and put himself about well yesterday, but didn't get much service to be able to do anything. He might have had a few seasons where the goals have dried up but he hasn't exactly been starting many games and has been shipped around a few clubs on loan. The fact is, he is capable of 15-20 goals a season, as he has proved back when he is at Crewe.

Does anyone seriously think that a proven, year on year, 20 goal a season striker would be on trial with us in the hope of getting a contract? No. Those types of players are contracted, require a large fee, probably from a higher division, and bluntly, do not come to Morecambe.

What we have here is someone who has the potential to reach those levels, but has taken a bit of a dip and needs to come to a club where he will be in a good environment, get plenty of game time, and re-find that form that would reignite his career. This is the type of player we will sign, and that is why he will probably be a Morecambe player this week.

Please give Jim and Ken a bit more credit, they will have done a lot more research than just watching him for 30 minutes yesterday.

OK Points taken and I will be more than delighted IF it works out for all parties BUT I must have been at a different game because for me he hardly touched the ball yesterday....however I stand corrected if others thought he looked OK. :cry:
Christies Child

Postby ShrimpMM » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:59 am

Christies Child wrote:If the local paper down in that part of the country is to be believed. it looks as though Shaun Miller has signed for Stevenage following a trial v Nottingham Forrest and a later trial with us v Blackpool.

IF TRUE then it's yet another blow for Jimbo to cope with BUT let's hope that it is purely paper talk and that Jimbo can persuade him to stay 'up North' and sign for us....assuming that Jimbo sees him as the centre forward he freely admits we need.

I for one hope that the newspaper story is a load of bull.....as by the sounds of it, he would fit in well with our squad and could rediscover his goal scoring prowess under the guidance of Jim and Ken.

Christies Child wrote:Christies Child » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:20 am

According to a fellow SVer, Miller has appeared on the official team photo which could suggest that he has been signed by Jimbo.

That was a quick u-turn!
ShrimpMM

Postby Christies Child » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:06 pm

ShrimpMM wrote:
Christies Child wrote:If the local paper down in that part of the country is to be believed. it looks as though Shaun Miller has signed for Stevenage following a trial v Nottingham Forrest and a later trial with us v Blackpool.

IF TRUE then it's yet another blow for Jimbo to cope with BUT let's hope that it is purely paper talk and that Jimbo can persuade him to stay 'up North' and sign for us....assuming that Jimbo sees him as the centre forward he freely admits we need.

I for one hope that the newspaper story is a load of bull.....as by the sounds of it, he would fit in well with our squad and could rediscover his goal scoring prowess under the guidance of Jim and Ken.

Christies Child wrote:Christies Child » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:20 am

That was a quick u-turn![/quote]

I did say IF TRUE in my original post...... :roll: :roll: :roll: and on yesterday's evidence would you sign him when the budget is so tight... :?: :?: :?:
Christies Child

Postby ShrimpMM » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:54 pm

Christies Child wrote:
ShrimpMM wrote:That was a quick u-turn![/quote]

I did say IF TRUE in my original post...... :roll: :roll: :roll: and on yesterday's evidence would you sign him when the budget is so tight... :?: :?: :?:

I wasn't commenting about him not signing for Stevenage I was highlighting your fickleness!

I wouldn't like to comment having only seen him for less than half an hour in a pre-season friendly but I trust in Jim and Ken's judgement so will be happy if they believe he is the best option available.
ShrimpMM

Postby jon MFC fan » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:16 pm

Unless they have saw more in the behind closed doors friendly v Blackpool so we haven't got a clue but I was impressed by his hold up play and dragging the CBs around when he came on
better redthan dead
jon MFC fan

Postby Christies Child » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:42 pm

Christies Child wrote:According to a fellow SVer, Miller has appeared on the official team photo which could suggest that he has been signed by Jimbo.

Proven striker David Ball (who I wouldn't mind at The Globe) could be making a quick return to Fleetwood after being released in May on greatly reduced wages as he is unable to find a club. He was on trial at Barnsley but his agent wanted him signed on the strength of one trial game but Barnsley wanted more time and didn't like his agents attitude who said 'take him or he's gone'.....resulting in Barnsley calling time on any deal.
Christies Child

Postby bill ding » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:37 pm

Now signed on a one year deal see OWS
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Previous

Return to General Discussion