Old Firm

Old Firm

Postby thedoc » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:50 am

I'm beginning to feel sorry for Stalybridge supporters. Do Glaswegians really think Celtic and Rangers are the only clubs in the known Universe? I've posted the following on Vital Football:

http://www.morecambe.vitalfootball.co.u ... p?a=403248

Morecambe to visit Rangers.

The release of the pre-season Friendlies lined up by Morecambe FC - including a fixture against Rangers – has caused a stir in certain places. The club had already announced that it is to host Bolton Wanderers on Friday July 17th, Bury a week later and then Blackpool on Tuesday 28th, July, all at the Globe Arena. They have now added away ties at Merseyside club Marine’s Arriva Stadium on Wednesday, 5th August where they will face Liverpool AFC. But even more exciting for some of us is the announcement of their draw away against Rangers on Monday 27th July. Yes, mighty Rangers, no less. The excitement where I live is actually palpable. And forget about Ibrox, wherever that is - this one’s at… wait for it: Quarry Park, no less. In fact, no less than half a mile away from where Yours Truly lives to be exact. I can’t wait: Carnforth Rangers versus a Morecambe FC XI. Wow: fame at last… My next door neighbour supports Glasgow Celtic. Do you think I should ask him to come with me?…

It got an almost immediate reply:

Rangers haven't played a Home Preseason Frirndly (sic) in years so I was looking forward to that so seems it won't just be Morecambe supporters who will be disappointed with this headline.

I have responded:

Disappointed? This could be your Road to Damascus Matey! Get yourself down to Quarry Park on July 27th - you're missing a trick! This is REAL football - and somewhere where Mike Ashley and his crew are definitely NOT welcome...

I can't wait, personally.

Who are you? Who are you? Who...
thedoc

Return to General Discussion