Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Re: MORE good news as Midfielder signs

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:51 pm

Seasider9601

Postby Christies Child » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:42 pm

Bloody excellent news and may just provide us with the impetus that we badly need in the engine room.

Highly thought of by some of the Shrew fans but out of favour since new manager came in during the close season.

The same player who was rumoured to be coming to us a few months ago but denied by Jimbo. Wouldn't be surprised if the business was conducted after Tuesday's game.

Is it a loan until the end of the season or just a month... :?: :?: :?: Hope its for longer with possibility of next season.... :?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Kendalshrimp » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:27 pm

Good news has anyone seen him play ? I can't say I ever have
Kendalshrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:14 pm

Kendalshrimp wrote:Good news has anyone seen him play ? I can't say I ever have

:roll:

Don't you worry your head about it. Jim knows his stuff and what he's doing. Have some faith.

A good mate of mine follows Hamilton Accies where Wildig has also played on loan and he tells me we've got a good one onboard.

That'll do for me.
Seasider9601

Postby nobbyshrimp » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:34 pm

Kendalshrimp wrote:Good news has anyone seen him play ? I can't say I ever have

On a number of occasions yes :) An attacking midfielder of good pedigree who learned his trade at Cardiff. Is totally out of favour at Shrewsbury and doesn't fit into Mickey Mellons plans at all but this isn't to say he isn't a good player because he is and is one of a few players that Shrews fans don't want to see go. A really good addition to our squad :D
nobbyshrimp

Postby Caged Lion » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:00 pm

Shame we couldn't snare him at Xmas it seems a little too late now unless we win every game.

Well done Jim for doing this deal :)
Caged Lion

Postby Christies Child » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:01 pm

....and when news that we wanted an addition to the squad came out he was the only name that was mentioned on SVs which could mean ( :?: )that Jimbo has finally got his No1 target....with a view to next season as well 'cause the guy is out of contract this summer.

But as somebody has said to me this week...'what do I know'..... :?: :)
Christies Child

Postby nobbyshrimp » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:53 pm

Wildig is good but don't all go expecting miracles over night. He has not been playing regular 1st team football for ages accept a recent 4 game stint at Kidderminster on loan when he was rumoured to be coming our way. He needs to get up to full match fitness and back to his normal self before you see the real him but he is a quality experienced young nippy attacking football league midfielder. You have all got your wishes and really couldn't have got any better.
nobbyshrimp

Postby shrimpnsave » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:11 pm

nobbyshrimp wrote:Wildig is good but don't all go expecting miracles over night. He has not been playing regular 1st team football for ages accept a recent 4 game stint at Kidderminster on loan when he was rumoured to be coming our way. He needs to get up to full match fitness and back to his normal self before you see the real him but he is a quality experienced young nippy attacking football league midfielder. You have all got your wishes and really couldn't have got any better.

Shrimpsvoices are getting giddy again :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Christies Child » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:23 pm

About time we had something to get excited about but I accept that he will need time to show what he,can do but 70 minutes will do for a start....
Christies Child

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:33 pm

Could the midfield engine room next season be Wildig , Perkins , Devitt and Fleming :?: :?: :?:
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Pablo » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:20 am

Christies Child wrote:....and when news that we wanted an addition to the squad came out he was the only name that was mentioned on SVs which could mean ( :?: )that Jimbo has finally got his No1 target....with a view to next season as well 'cause the guy is out of contract this summer.

But as somebody has said to me this week...'what do I know'..... :?: :)

Well there's truth in that. WHAT do you know????
Up the football league we go
Pablo

Location: At the end of the yellow brick road with a set of crutches

Postby Salopian » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:49 pm

Hi Guys, Shrews fan here. Aaron is a tidy player who will link things up and possesses a decent range of passing, however I should imagine he is not match fit as he's been restricted to only 1 sub appearance for us all year (in addition to a short loan spell at Kiddy). He did ok for us last year, albeit in a shocking season for us. Many on B&A think that he could be a replacement for our no.4 Woods, who is certain to go on to play at a higher level, however I can't see this myself. A lot are bemused as to why he's not been used more for us, however again, I've never been his biggest fan so this doesn't really bother me... I guess football fans always need something to moan about ;) but anyhow, get him fit and he should be decent enough addition to your squad for L2. Oh, but don't expect him to contest many 50/50s for you ;) Good luck for the rest of the season
Salopian

Postby nobbyshrimp » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:46 pm

Mr Salopian welcome. I don't think it's because he is not 100% match fit that he is not playing for you guys, although I have heard he isn't yet, but mainly because he is not favoured by Mr Mellon who clearly wants his own players and style of play and not Turners cast offs from the relegation season however Wildig was also in the promotion squad playing most games. You're right it's funny how fans see things totally different and we all think we can manage when in reality we can't because I've seen him play quite a few times and really rate him as do most of the shrews fans I have spoken too. Just shows, it's a funny old game :)
nobbyshrimp

Postby james456 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:57 pm

Just the ticket. Welcome Aaron. Very much has the look of a Beeley/Edwards/Devitt loan where we look for a permanent deal.
james456

Return to General Discussion