7 days is a long time

7 days is a long time

Postby Christies Child » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:09 pm

It's a week ago when we got compliments from the Newport fans about how we played the ball on the deck. How can things change so bloody quickly in just 7 days?

We've often asked the question as to why are our home gates are dwindling on a regular basis. Well after yesterday's total lack of entertainment and positive football the answer is clear for the few remaining fans to see.

Unless some major rethink on the part of our management team on our style (or should that be lack of style :?: ) in our future remaining home games this season then I'm afraid that many season ticket holders will seriously be looking at renewing for next season. And those who pay over the turn styles will have even an easier option.

It's all well and good playing a counter attacking game away from home, but to even consider playing it at home is beyond belief. We've witnessed some poor home performances this season but yesterdays reached an all time low that was devoid of any spark, creativity or entertainment and although it will not go down well with certain individuals I can't excuse Jimbo and Co who determine the system and style of play that we have to endure.

Cambridge who hadn't won a game in 11 previous outings showed more passion and ambition and deserved their victory.

The sight of Jack having to resort to playing at times in midfield to lend some much needed creativity showed for me the total depths to which our style of play sank to.

It seems such a long time ago since Newport when we played the ball to feet. Why the bloody hell we resorted to long punts to the grateful heads of the Cambridge giants is totally beyond me but could it be that they played to pre match instructions..... :?: :?: :?: It makes you wonder..... :!: :!: :!:

We are capable of so much better... but as a colleague of mine posed the question...under the present regime... :?: :?: :?:

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: 7 days is a long time

Postby morecambegeek » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:57 pm

So are you saying sack Jim or not?
morecambegeek

Postby Christies Child » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:18 pm

morecambegeek wrote:So are you saying sack Jim or not?

If things continue as they are with dwindling crowds as a result of lack of entertainment putting even more financial pressure on the Board then the Management teams futures can't be ignored. The survival of our club is far more important than the careers of any Management team.

:cry:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:54 pm

The management is now costing the club a lot of money off the pitch due to the complete lack of any entertainment. Many on here saying they won't be renewing their season tickets next season. So already we will be struggling again next season. When do you decide enough is enough? I thought JB should have been sacked after the FA cup exit at the hands of a non league team. If the question is should we sack JB then i say yes! There i've said it! Now i will sit back and wait for the appreciation society to say who will we get? He's doing a good job under the circumstances..blah blah..I don't know who but advertise it! Who would work with such a low budget? JB only had one player less than last season. In my opinion we have a strong squad with forwards who should be scoring more goals, but the problem is we fail to get far enough up the field to help the forwards.Anyway stop beating about the bush and say what you think!I have :evil:
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby MfcChris » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:01 pm

Jim is the 5th longest serving manager which is incredible.

I think Pulis and Pardew are proven to turn crap sides around. 8-)
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Heysham Shrimp 51 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:24 pm

After yesterdays showing even though I have season ticket I refuse to take leave on the two days needed to have seen every home game.I refuse to waste holiday on watching that crap week in week out and don't think many takers will be up for using my ticket!!!!!!!!
Heysham Shrimp 51

Postby Keith » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:22 pm

So pre-season, you were all saying we should be in the play-offs or the season would be a failure?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion