Sammy sammy

Sammy sammy

Postby Boxing shrimp » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:03 pm

Tactically beaten today. Was never 4 goals in it mind. Mcoll was tactically ahead throughout.
Boxing shrimp

Re: Sammy sammy

Postby Ken Barlow » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:07 pm

Boxing shrimp wrote:Tactically beaten today. Was never 4 goals in it mind. Mcoll was tactically ahead throughout.

I think McCall was a tactically shite today. Michael Boulding ran his arse off all the game, finally got a goal, to be awarded with a substitution :? . Other than that, Sammy was beaten, hopefully someone will have beaten him in another way. I hate the man, he complained from minute one! the referee was shite for both teams.
Ken Barlow

Postby cibasteve » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:42 pm

Look Ken, Macca shut midfield off at 2-0 up, remember the game we were 2 up and drew 2-2.
I thought he did a brilliant move there.
In fact I wouldn't be suprised to see us play that formation next home game.
Never trust anyone who doesn't like football
cibasteve

Postby Boxing shrimp » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:18 pm

Ken Barlow wrote:
Boxing shrimp wrote:Tactically beaten today. Was never 4 goals in it mind. Mcoll was tactically ahead throughout.

I think McCall was a tactically shite today. Michael Boulding ran his arse off all the game, finally got a goal, to be awarded with a substitution :? . Other than that, Sammy was beaten, hopefully someone will have beaten him in another way. I hate the man, he complained from minute one! the referee was shite for both teams.

Thought mcoll got it spot on and never allowed us a chance once we got into the final third

His team formation suited them as the central midfield trio looked really good and hard working

As the game went on he then brought in a bit of pace out wide and we were snookerd again

After the game their manager kept a level head where as sammy blamed everything apart from his own team layout
Boxing shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:51 pm

Boxing shrimp wrote:
Ken Barlow wrote:

Thought mcoll got it spot on and never allowed us a chance once we got into the final third

His team formation suited them as the central midfield trio looked really good and hard working

As the game went on he then brought in a bit of pace out wide and we were snookerd again

After the game their manager kept a level head where as sammy blamed everything apart from his own team layout

FFS...NOBODY SHOULD PIN THE BLAME ON ANY OF OUR SQUAD OR MANAGEMENT TEAM
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby campdave » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:20 pm

Christies Child wrote:
FFS...NOBODY SHOULD PIN THE BLAME ON ANY OF OUR SQUAD OR MANAGEMENT TEAM

Just ignore the trolls, they'll be gone again in a few days.
campdave

Postby sgt major » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:22 pm

To be honest, and from where I was sitting there were a few players out of sorts from Boxing Day. For one, Stanners seemed incapable of getting the ball (from the many corners we won), over the first defenders head, for a second, Fraser gave the ball away far too much, therefore putting the impetus back onto their attackers and thus putting us under pressure. Next, their forward play was explosive when released, unlike ours which was at times crab like but when we did get into the box we were unable to exploit (especially in the first half) a jittery defence.
Add to that the fact that for the first goal we failed to get the ball into row Z on at least two occasions and the fact we were unable to finish throughout the game - we got the result we deserved. The Roller Coaster continues.

As for the Indies - we didnt let the footie spoil the day - we had a great time at Cleckheaton Bowling club where Pat Stoyles scabbed the first game of killer snooker, were treated to a great lunch, sang our hearts out for the lads in the ground and had a great sing song on the way home (even found a new dogging location :o at the M61 services). Who said following footie is boring.
sgt major

Return to General Discussion