The cost of relegation [revived thread!]

The cost of relegation [revived thread!]

Postby Christies Child » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:52 pm

If the club were to be relegated, it would cost the club over £600,000 in lost revenue from supporting Football League bodies.

It would also mean that certain players because of contractual reasons would no longer be with the club whilst others would face a cut in their wage packets.

Both these pieces of info came out of tonights AGM of Shareholders.

Prior to the meeting I had a natter with Jimbo who had been watching the Academy and was about to go as guest of a local football forum. I'm even more convinced that 'he's the man'..... :D
Last edited by Christies Child on Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: The cost of relegation

Postby Bryan » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:59 pm

I think we are all aware that it would take 10-15 years to rebuild to be strong enough to a) get out the league and b) stay up for (hopefully) good. Whatever happens the club needs restructuring. No correlation between reserves and first team i.e no young players coming through (or rather being given the chance when Jimbo is doing such a great job). Seemingly no proper scouting system. Time to give the journeyman approach the heave ho too. And the MBW stand needs serious reapraisal. Cost us several points me thinks this season.
Bryan

Re: The cost of relegation

Postby thegentlegiant » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:35 pm

Christies Child wrote:If the club were to be relegated, it would cost the club over £600,000 in lost revenue from supporting Football League bodies.

It would also mean that certain players because of contractual reasons would no longer be with the club whilst others would face a cut in their wage packets.

Both these pieces of info came out of tonights AGM of Shareholders.

Prior to the meeting I had a natter with Jimbo who had been watching the Academy and was about to go as guest of a local football forum. I'm even more convinced that 'he's the man'..... :D

Was you in attendance? If so any news on financial results?
thegentlegiant

Next

Return to General Discussion