January targets

January targets

Postby Christies Child » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:30 pm

It sounds as though Sammy has identified 3 new players he wants to improve the squad.

Great!

However the problem that has been with us all season is that certain squad players who we really need to move on, will probably find it difficult to replicate their current contracts elsewhere. This could result in Sammy being unable to 'wheel and deal' leaving us with the present squad having to see us through the remainder of the season.

Of course it could all change if the players concerned had their contracts cancelled and a financial settlement agreed. Unfortunately this could reduce the monies available in the transfer pot.

Whatever happens January should be an interesting time.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: January targets

Postby ezz » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:16 am

The wage bill will always be a concern and rightly so our board are not stupid they will keep within our limits in order to keep the finances on the plus side. Hopefully we can get rid of the dead weight and bring some fresh faces in.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:44 am

The board have paid players contracts up before when they have been deemed certain players surplus to requirements, Terry McFlynn springs to mind. They will do it again if needs be. A fair few players deals are up in the summer.....If we are honest quite a few of them have not pushed on as expected for one reason or another. Many of the lads should be busting a gut to earn a new contract for next season, which can only be good for us.
RedRedWine1

Postby Neil G » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:44 pm

Christies Child wrote:It sounds as though Sammy has identified 3 new players he wants to improve the squad.

What and you don't know who they are........ !! :shock: !! ........ you're losing your touch CC ;)
Neil G

Postby Christies Child » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:58 pm

Neil G wrote:
Christies Child wrote:It sounds as though Sammy has identified 3 new players he wants to improve the squad.

What and you don't know who they are........ !! :shock: !! ........ you're losing your touch CC ;)

.....am I... :?: :?: :?: ;) ;) ;)
Christies Child

Postby Mr Munnings » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:40 pm

Warren Feeney
Kevin Ellison
Graeme Lee
:ugeek:
Mr Munnings

Postby Number 1 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:29 am

This one must be a real target

Number 1

Postby seasonsinthesun » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:01 pm

This may have been discussed before on SVs but I have never understood why a number of players were given two year contracts which I think takes them to summer 2009 ( but please correct me if I'm wrong) which I presume means that Sammy cannot just "get rid" in January as easily as that. I may be wrong but I think Adams, Twiss, Hunter, Curtis and Stanley were amongst the names. I am not suggesting that these particular players should be offloaded BTW.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Christies Child » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:10 pm

Mr Munnings wrote:Warren Feeney
Kevin Ellison
Graeme Lee
:ugeek:

Interestingly, a client who is a Dundee United exile mentioned this guy currently on loan from Cardiff, to me a week or so ago as being a target for a Northern based league 2 club. That could be anybody of course but with Sammy's NI connections who knows?
Christies Child

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:53 pm

Keiron Charnock a central defender currently on loan at Accrington from Peterborough is another name being linked with us.

We do have connections with Posh (Joe and Rene Howe)
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Return to General Discussion