Big Sam at Rovers

Big Sam at Rovers

Postby Martin » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:19 pm

Sam Allardyce new Boss at Blackburn:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 787940.stm
Martin

Re: Big Sam at Rovers

Postby Welshrimp » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:25 pm

Probably a good appointment. He did a great job at Bolton and wasn't given a fair crack at Newc.

It was a shame to see Paul Ince go so early, but the next few games are crucial. We'll never know whether he could have turned it around, but, morale as it was, it probably wasn't worth the gamble. I'm sure he will resurrect his career successfully elsewhere, and certainly wish him the best.
I'm Welshrimp and I'm a new Shrimpsvoices addict.
Welshrimp

Postby Robert Jackson » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:40 pm

I wonder if it will put off other Premiership clubs from ever appointing from the lower leagues; Ince had done well at Macclesfield and MK Dons but will now be regarded by many as not being good enough to manage at the top level.

Nigel Clough for example, he seems to have been managing Burton Albion for years and years and you wonder if a League club will ever go for him.
Robert Jackson

Postby Christies Child » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:46 pm

Welshrimp wrote:Probably a good appointment. He did a great job at Bolton and wasn't given a fair crack at Newc.

It was a shame to see Paul Ince go so early, but the next few games are crucial. We'll never know whether he could have turned it around, but, morale as it was, it probably wasn't worth the gamble. I'm sure he will resurrect his career successfully elsewhere, and certainly wish him the best.

With his 'pay off' he can afford to be selective next time....providing there is a next time!

It was a gamble taking him on in the first place, but that's who the fans wanted and it seems that it's the fans who have been instrumental in his departure.

:( :( :(
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:32 pm

Any Woolies employees on the message board.

If so how sorry do you feel for the young man who is probably made for life???
PUNKISDEAD

Postby durhamshrimp » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:16 am

It's all relative.
durhamshrimp

Postby Aal » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:22 pm

Welcome back, Big Sam, the game was indeed poorer with him out.

Ince has to go down as the most arrogant guy I've ever seen at Christie Park tho, no sad loss to Rovers
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:12 pm

cant say that i am sorry to see the back of the self appointed guvenor totally out of his depth in the premier league. Big Sam should have got the job in the summer
Blackburn shrimp

Return to General Discussion