I have just read a postthat say's

I have just read a postthat say's

Postby Abbo » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:26 am

Rene Howe is still settling in, for f___ sake the guy has been involved in 19 games and countless training sessions, how long does it take for someone too settle in and as for signing him ?????????????????
Abbo

Re: I have just read a postthat say's

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:33 am

I agree but could you not have posted this on the other thread and add to the debate on there, rather than go attention seeking starting a new thread?

CC is that you under another guise?

:lol: :lol:
morecambe mick

Postby Abbo » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:26 pm

ooooooooooh get you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Abbo

Postby marky » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:46 pm

I'm with you, Abbo. To say someone is still settling in after 19 league games and however many more cup games is daft.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby ezz » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:28 pm

I'm with both of you, but just say it in the same thead.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Christies Child » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:50 pm

morecambe mick wrote:I agree but could you not have posted this on the other thread and add to the debate on there, rather than go attention seeking starting a new thread?

CC is that you under another guise?

:lol: :lol:

Whoops....sussed!

NOT
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:06 pm

RENEE HOWE

in my own words

A twenty one year old (just 21) striker who in his young career has played so far 76 games for 4 teams and scored 44 goals, so get off his effing back!!!!

He carries himself a bit like john barnes or chris waddle but i like him as do most Morecambe fans, the ratio of goals will improve if the overall team performance improves.
i hope somebody bbacks me on burying this poster as we all know players read the board and this post is a pile of shit!!!
PUNKISDEAD

Postby marky » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:28 pm

Players aren't forced to read the board. If they read something they don't like, tough. From what I've seen, Rene Howe can be anonymous most of the time but he still is top scorer. Like any striker, if they don't get the service they will struggle to get the goals.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:42 pm

If we get the chance to sign Renee Howe we should do so asap.
PUNKISDEAD

Postby mr dog » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:13 am

if i had the choice between signing howe, or signing robby fowler i think id choose fowler, because he has been class player over the years and has showed his international and premier ship class and he could bring that to us.
mr dog

Postby Howe Magic » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:49 am

totally agree with punkisdead if we get the chance to sign rene for 2/3 more years we should do it...yes he does not score every game but for people to call the guy lazy is a joke (This is the striker who never gave the ball up against rochdale to put a cross in for young taylor to score,also the striker who put the exeter keeper under pressure to make a mistake and then go onto score..personally i think rene is doing quite a decent job and given the chance and support he will do even better in the future and to be honest if we took is goals away we would be in bottom 2 by now...
Howe Magic

Postby Abbo » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:05 am

Howe Magic,
Surely as a centre forward thats all part of his job to close the keeper down etc, im really not having a go at the guy and i think he probably may turn out to be a good signing.
Abbo

Postby Howe Magic » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:58 am

in my humble opinion for what its worth i think rene is already doing ok...and i think will only get better - i think he will get 20 goals plus this season and thats not a bad return...
Howe Magic

Postby Abbo » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:49 am

20 goals plus, i admire your optimsm but i think that might be pushing it a bit for this season, i do think Rene has it in him to be a decent centre forward but he has a bit of work to do first.
Abbo

Postby shrimper » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:06 am

The only thing Rene lacks in my opinion is support from midfield. He and Danny will trouble any defence in this division but unless midfield get up to support them, instead of hitting it long then ambling forward (or staying where they are as if to let the strikers get on with it) then we won't get the best out of them.

There were several occasions on Saturday when he chased the ball, held it up with a defender at his back and was shaping to lay it off to a midfielder only to find none anywhere near, so he tried to win a throw in or something.

If the management team is convinced he will work hard and is a good character (and that's something I don't know either way) I'd get him permanently as soon as the chance arose.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby mr dog » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:45 am

does no one rate robby fowler i personally think hes better than renold howler/
mr dog

Postby parkyboy » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:02 pm

If wehad 2 decent wingmen who had pace and ability to beat his marker and put in a decent cross I would back HOWE to score at least 15 goals this season , his place is in and about the goa l area not chasing every ball down the touchline
Last edited by parkyboy on Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
parkyboy

Postby The Marksman » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:16 pm

mr dog wrote:does no one rate robby fowler i personally think hes better than renold howler/

No, I don't. He's old, past it, well paid, and hasn't scored double figures of goals in a season since 2005. Why would we want to sign someone like that? I'd far rather sign a hungry 21 year old than a fat 33 year old.
The Marksman

Postby cultured » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:21 pm

Neither of them can hold a candle to Jon Newby.
cultured

Postby George Dawes » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:30 pm

how about our midfield servicing him with proper through balls and crosses instead of hoofing a hit & hope long balls to him

we need crativity in midfield, as we only have work horses
George Dawes

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:48 pm

DawZi wrote:how about our midfield servicing him with proper through balls and crosses instead of hoofing a hit & hope long balls to him

we need crativity in midfield, as we only have work horses

Nayyyyy! No need for that - are you from the paddock? :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby steve mfc » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:09 am

If Thommo or Baker, or better still both were still playing for us then i would imagine Mr Howe's goal tally would be considerably higher.
steve mfc

Postby Sammy h » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:35 pm

Speaking of Howe, did anyone see him on soccer am, what wasall that about? :lol:
Sammy h

Postby Christies Child » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:16 pm

shrimper wrote:The only thing Rene lacks in my opinion is support from midfield. He and Danny will trouble any defence in this division but unless midfield get up to support them, instead of hitting it long then ambling forward (or staying where they are as if to let the strikers get on with it) then we won't get the best out of them.

There were several occasions on Saturday when he chased the ball, held it up with a defender at his back and was shaping to lay it off to a midfielder only to find none anywhere near, so he tried to win a throw in or something.

If the management team is convinced he will work hard and is a good character (and that's something I don't know either way) I'd get him permanently as soon as the chance arose.

My favourite hobby horse....

Time after time after time, the end product could be so much better if only our midfield would attack the box more.

It was significant that Cheltenham had 4 if not 5 bodies in our box whenever they could. Now it may be that Sammy doesn't want that to happen but seeing some of his hand gestures I suspect he does but that our midfield have not got that approach to their game. If that is the case, then top of the list of 'wants' in January has to be a midfielder whose game is all about support to the strikers.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Return to General Discussion