PA System

PA System

Postby Phoenix » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:11 pm

Can't believe we had nowt better than Cheeky Girls to play as it got towards kick-off time. Something to tell us Mark?
Phoenix

Re: PA System

Postby shrimper » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:13 pm

The lead at the back of the PC slipped and the system went down for a while so, while Mark got it working again, Midds just popped in the first CD to hand. That's it.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Paul Mac » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:34 pm

Loved the helicopter mix but did we have to have it on every track?

:D :D :D :D ;)
Beidh ár lá linn
Paul Mac

Postby Bls Shrimp » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:32 pm

But how is the cheeky girls supposed to get everyone motivated for the game ahead!? Doesn't exactly help create an atmosphere does it. Its not just this week but other weeks where the most inappropriate music has come over the PA. It wasn't long ago that we had some kind of banjo music didn't we!? :?
Bls Shrimp

Postby outsider » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:59 pm

wasn't the banjo music when Stanley came? the tune from Deliverence ?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HZnDWwmW4 ... re=related
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby <3 Morecambe » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:17 pm

Why do they play the same songs every week?
99 red balloons
Ring of fire . . .
Morecambe Til I Die
<3 Morecambe

Postby outsider » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:31 pm

99 red balloons for the north standers who take and blow up the things? :roll:
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Mark S » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:22 pm

Bls Shrimp wrote:But how is the cheeky girls supposed to get everyone motivated for the game ahead!? Doesn't exactly help create an atmosphere does it. Its not just this week but other weeks where the most inappropriate music has come over the PA. It wasn't long ago that we had some kind of banjo music didn't we!? :?

:lol: :lol: ...and if you know your history!

Goodness me! A few answers to your important questions...

First if all, the computer went down last night twice and I only just got it going again just before kick off, Mids grabbed an old Shrimpettes CD to put some kind of music on while it rebooted.

Deliverance was played in tribute to Chris Blackburn. it was preceded by a blast of Jesus Christ Superstar. Get it?

99 Red Balloons is played as a thankyou to the guys who bring, blow up and give out RED BALLOONS at every home match.

Ring of Fire has not been played since last season (unless Mids played it at The Exeter match). That was played as a tribute to the North stand who used to sing the tune.

An observation. If you need music to get motivated before a football match you need to take a long hard look at yourself in the mirror. Muppet :roll:

It made me laugh last night when the sheep who boo as the recording of the children reading out the respect campaign is played out, didnt know what to do when it froze up after five seconds. Just silence from the PA and booing from The North Stand. Always makes me wonder what the players think when they hear booing going on as they are shaking the oppositions hands. :?
Mark S

Postby Bare Ben » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:40 pm

Matty once told me how Mark played songs by Catatonia, Tom Jones and Shirley Bassey when we played Chester :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bare Ben

Postby RedRedWine1 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:55 pm

Yep. That was in the home fixture last Christmas. A few Manics tunes got played also. Remember it taking me a while to get the link. I'm sure it was appreciated by the Chester fans.
RedRedWine1

Postby durhamshrimp » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:05 pm

I quite like to here Fanfare for The Common Man by EL&P.
durhamshrimp

Return to General Discussion