Unlucky tonight....

Unlucky tonight....

Postby Howe Magic » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:01 am

i thought the team were unlucky tonight not to get a replay but thats the way the game goes sometimes...thought the officials tonight were dreadful apart from there penalty which was blatant they got most things wrong....there 3rd goal the linesman was flagging and flagging but cos the ref did not notice he just put the flag down and the goal was allowed - why did the linesman not keep is flag up if there was a problem...if officials want respect from players and fans they need to start been consistent but we say that week in week out and it never seems to happen - never mind we can now concentrate on league 2 and moving up that table....also well done to the 1800 who turned up tonight decent effort on an awfully cold and horrible night...
Howe Magic

Re: Unlucky tonight....

Postby durhamshrimp » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:30 am

I can't complain about the lads tonight. They give it their all. Though in the North Stand I was stood in front of some right dickheads who moaned about every single missed pass and how crap each of our players were. Most of this moaning went on when we were 2-1 up!! One of my mates, who is a Newcastle fan but likes the shrimps, was even getting pissed off at them. One of them was even calling us Dorkcambe???? Thankfully in the 2nd half i moved to somewhere in the stand where everyone was cheering us on.
durhamshrimp

Postby parkyboy » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:56 pm

Certainly worth travelling from leeeds for,and very unlucky to not get a replay . When officials dont get there act together it costs money as well as support. Totally agree with previous two comments about the shouting by the numbskulls inthe north stand they need to stay away if they cant be critical without abuse
parkyboy

Postby Howe Magic » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:56 pm

well done to these two guys on travelling from the north east and yorkshire in awful conditions - just a shame that some more locals could not be bothered to travel a couple of miles to support there team...even though the crowd was not to bad thought we might have got over 2000 especially with the discounts...and as for the fans moaning at the team and mistakes they made - they dont do it on purpose and giving them grief will not make them play any better (Everyone is entitled to there opinion but to the moaners please get off the players backs)
Howe Magic

Postby Phoenix » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:08 pm

well done to these two guys on travelling from the north east and yorkshire in awful conditions - just a shame that some more locals could not be bothered to travel a couple of miles to support there team...

That's a bit harsh. I know a few that were stuck at home, unable to get to work or football. The roads mid-evening were lethal as anyone driving down Lathom and Burlington will know!
Phoenix

Postby durhamshrimp » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:14 pm

Phoenix wrote:well done to these two guys on travelling from the north east and yorkshire in awful conditions - just a shame that some more locals could not be bothered to travel a couple of miles to support there team...

That's a bit harsh. I know a few that were stuck at home, unable to get to work or football. The roads mid-evening were lethal as anyone driving down Lathom and Burlington will know!

It was a bit odd to be honest, the trip over the high rural roads over the top of the penninies going home wasn't too bad. Then we got back into Durham at about midnight and struggled to get up the street at our first drop off.
durhamshrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:39 pm

forcast snow for tonight
heysham_mfc

Return to General Discussion