Cheltenham just had a bit more than us !

Cheltenham just had a bit more than us !

Postby Neil G » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:56 pm

A bit more push
A bit more shove
A bit more dive
A bit more kick the ball away
A bit more steal 5 yards on throw ins
A bit more hoof and run it into the corners
A bit more win at any cost
A bit more have a go at the ref to get our player booked
A bit more fundamentally Mad Dog Allen tactics

Respect to their traveling fans, fantastic effort twice in four days.

We still gave them a good game and with a stronger referee it could have been very different.

Thought Danny was excellent along with Mcann and Mcstay, super effort, a lot of positives to be taken from the way we played our football, I'd hate to watch Cheatenham week in week out, it's not sour grapes because anyone could see they had individuals who could keep the ball and who went forward more fluently and much faster than us, it just cheeses me off that they have to resort to ALL of the above, very poor show really.

Thats all, it's off my chest :D Onwards and upwards in the league, it's far more important that we are a league club when we move to our new stadium.
Neil G

Re: Cheltenham just had a bit more than us !

Postby shrimper » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:08 am

To be fair I thought they were also a little bit sharper occasionally and moved better off the ball in a couple of crucial areas.

Still - a good game and a very encouraging performance from us. One of the crucial areas was at centre back where I thought Diallo in particular was excellent. We had four or five occasions where openings were made for Rene or Danny and - against defenders who were a bit slower or less mobile - they would have been clear on goal but he snuffed the chances out.

IF we can maintain that level of commitment and attacking mentality on Saturday I fancy us to do well.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Re: Cheltenham just had a bit more than us !

Postby halfwayliner » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:30 pm

They were miles better than us at going foward and more clinical and when they attacked their players were always up with play. I was watching Sammy shouting at our players to get up with play when we were going forward.
halfwayliner

Return to General Discussion