Congratulations North Stand

Re: Congratulations North Stand

Postby Posh » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:47 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:it's a football match for god sake what do you expect! yes some chants are pointless and are aimed at winding up the players and fans of the oppistion but what do you want? most people who sing are there to see their mates watch the match and have a good time not take s**t from their fellow suppoters

Fair point. I've brought two people to Morecambe matches who are unlikely to come again because of comments that were said directly around them. One was a 10-year old who just heard relentless swearing and really horrible stuff from one bloke immediately behind us that we and his father had to move. The other is my missus who was at an away game when a well-known supporter said something very loudly about rape that so offended her (and me also) that she said she'd never go to another away game again.

In both cases and with the all the comments above no one is giving s*** to their fellow supporters at games they just heard people saying or singing things that caused them offence. Their response was that they just don't go to games again.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Sammy h » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:01 pm

I see everyone has shut up about the issue now? Probably because there is nothing to moan about? Idiots.
Sammy h

Postby campdave » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:02 pm

Sammy h wrote:I see everyone has shut up about the issue now? Probably because there is nothing to moan about? Idiots.

Well done on bumping it to the top so people can continue the discussion!
campdave

Postby Sammy h » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:04 pm

campdave wrote:
Sammy h wrote:I see everyone has shut up about the issue now? Probably because there is nothing to moan about? Idiots.

Well done on bumping it to the top so people can continue the discussion!

Trust you to say that Mr Camp :lol:

It's a discussion board, it's what these things are for.
Sammy h

Postby campdave » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:08 pm

Sammy h wrote:
It's a discussion board, it's what these things are for.

No shit sherlock
campdave

Postby seasonsinthesun » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:25 am

I thought the North Stand was absolutely magnificent on Saturday, and kept the atmosphere and team going even though we didn't play that well in the first half. We got our reward in the second, and the chanting that I heard was supportive of the team. Well done to all! :)
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:46 am

Yep, really good atmosphere in the North Stand on Saturday. only one song sung that wasn't for the Morecambe and that seemed to peter out.
And who said the balloons were a jinx? both our league wins this season where balloon assisted! :lol:
North Stand Shrimp

Postby shrimper » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:20 pm

..and it seemed Bare Ben was on a personal mission to clean up the chanting, countering any dodgy ones with 'Sing for the Morecambe, we only sing for the Morecambe!'

Fair play to him and to the other terrace chanters on Saturday who were absolutely brilliant.

My four-year-old decided to come up and stand with me for the second half and she enjoyed singing and clapping to the songs. She asked me a few times what the words were so she could join in.

I covered her ears for one brief flurry of the 'you know what' song, telling her it was to keep them warm. If we could get rid of that I'd be happier.

But anyway, well done lads - it MUST help the team when they are struggling - as they were for periods on Saturday.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Posh » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:37 pm

Couldn't agree more. I thought the atmosphere was brilliant on Saturday and it was noticeable how many other people in the North Stand were joining in chants who don't usually sing. The main body of singers though were in magnificent voice.

I even heard a chant of 'I've got a song that'll get on your nerves'. Now that brings back happy memories.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby morecambe mick » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:36 pm

I must concur, or is that conker? :?

The singing was pretty good on Saturday, and the type of songs that I personally had a problem with were absent. Good to hear supportive songs, more people join in with them don't they :!:

I spent the game at the front of the North Stand as I said I would. Didn't stop me from joining in with the singing and clapping though.
In fact I noticed quite a few joining in all around me once I'd started,(dirty looks always seem to do the trick ;) )
Whether it's a case of someone else starting and they normally want to join in, but don't.
Or that they normally sing but I don't hear/see - who knows.

Who cares as long as they get vocal with their support to let the boys know.

Well done Ben, One Half of the Future.
morecambe mick

Postby slackAlice » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:29 pm

Yep ...even an Aldershot fan called WOB found it in is heart to compliment our 'home support' on that Football Forum TOPIC recently posted :

Morecambe were suprisingly good yesterday. Very constant and had a decent song book too.
slackAlice

Postby -Hatrick- » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:50 pm

People just need to stop moaning
Singling out bare ben is unfair aswell.
Most negative chants are sung in the heat of the moment and you'l get that everywhere.
If you dont like it go and stand in the car wash or the paddock like a number of ex north standers have already done because they disagree with chants. Its FOOTBALL.
pathetic
-Hatrick-

Postby Freez » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:14 pm

Have you been on holiday?

The chanting for the past few games has been humorous and varied, so this thread appears to have at least brought the subject to the attention of the masses who have done something positive.

So judging by the reaction since it was posted at least, there has been fun and games on the terraces, and results have been better. No connection, but you never know.

As for the "go and stand somehere else" brigade, everyone should be able to stand where they want and stand a reasonable chance of not being upset by loud mouthed morons shouldnt they?
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Keith » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:30 pm

-Hatrick- wrote:People just need to stop moaning
Singling out bare ben is unfair aswell.
Most negative chants are sung in the heat of the moment and you'l get that everywhere.
If you dont like it go and stand in the car wash or the paddock like a number of ex north standers have already done because they disagree with chants. Its FOOTBALL.
pathetic

Not sure bringing up a month old thread, where every opinion had been given and that had ended on a positive note, including complimenting Bare Ben is going to add anything new to the debate. So I'll allow you the last word on the subject.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussion